-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 4 100 grain .257 cal IL bullets left... They have been work horses. Sad to see them go, I for one have a heck of a time thinking demand for these is that low confused My own opinion is they are just making room for there new no-melt plastic tip bullets. Yeppy, good for them. Forget the products that made them great they have...

I found both nosler's b-tip and partition very good, death comes quick, accurate loads easy and bullets very available. Nosler is in it for the long haul, so is there bullets.

Speer 100 gr. flat base has served me well in my 257 Bob and made itty bitty groups from my 25-06 also... I expect speer to pull same crap like Hornady, but with no fancy fangled new replacement bullet. There companies efforts seem not in bullets anymore, Again my opinion.

Sierra's 25 cal 100 gr. flat base shot very small groups and are readily available. Killed paper and assorted vermin with them, but no 'big' game. Have heard for years these are a little soft for big game with cartridges capable of 3000+ fps.

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
GB1

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by DoubleRadius
Where is it written that these bullets will be "discontinued"? Hornady's website does not even refer to them as "temporarily suspended".

In an email I sent to them asking about it.

Send one for yourself expressing amazement at the move. Maybe the more who do so will get them continued?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by boomwack
I have 4 100 grain .257 cal IL bullets left... They have been work horses. Sad to see them go, I for one have a heck of a time thinking demand for these is that low confused My own opinion is they are just making room for there new no-melt plastic tip bullets. Yeppy, good for them. Forget the products that made them great they have...

I found both nosler's b-tip and partition very good, death comes quick, accurate loads easy and bullets very available. Nosler is in it for the long haul, so is there bullets.

Speer 100 gr. flat base has served me well in my 257 Bob and made itty bitty groups from my 25-06 also... I expect speer to pull same crap like Hornady, but with no fancy fangled new replacement bullet. There companies efforts seem not in bullets anymore, Again my opinion.

Sierra's 25 cal 100 gr. flat base shot very small groups and are readily available. Killed paper and assorted vermin with them, but no 'big' game. Have heard for years these are a little soft for big game with cartridges capable of 3000+ fps.

Broomstick,

Hornady discontinued the .25 100 gr interlock along with the .25 cal
120 gr HP was based solely due to lack of demand versus demand for other products requiring much needed additional production time like the 6.5 Creed bullets. I ordered a lifetime supply of both bullets which I use in the 250 savage and 25-06. Hornady shipped the last production run of the .25 100 gr interlock 2 weeks ago...go buy some.

Doc

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by boomwack

Broomstick,

Hornady discontinued the .25 100 gr interlock along with the .25 cal
120 gr HP was based solely due to lack of demand versus demand for other products requiring much needed additional production time like the 6.5 Creed bullets. I ordered a lifetime supply of both bullets which I use in the 250 savage and 25-06. Hornady shipped the last production run of the .25 100 gr interlock 2 weeks ago...go buy some.

Doc

Na... I'll pass encore_Doctor, leaves more for you. wink I do have a lifetime supply of the 120 hp's for as often I shoot them.... In manufacturing one has to provide what is selling, I understand. It's just a little frustrating when a product gets dropped, to help production of a different product that is selling/moving more... Especially a dropped product that one has had good results with.

Far as the 25 cal 100 grainers go, I have found that other bullet companies make equivalent or better bullets. The hornady 100 IL bullets are good bullets, to bad there is not enough interest/demand for them. This is the golden age of bullets, many good ones to choose from.... Went threw this when speer saw fit to no longer offer there fine 7mm 160 gr. spitzer bullet a while back, they did bring it back but I found replacement bullets, Now I no longer use that speer bullet anymore after years of firing them.

NRA life member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boomwack, The 7mm 160 gr Speer looks to be available still, where did you hear that it wasn't? Was one I was thinking of trying.....

Gerry.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are available now, again.

Speer had a spell were they dropped the 7mm 160 spitzer and a few other bread and butter bullets for what ever reason, but they got'em now, er I mean again...

They work like gang busters in the .280 rem wink

Back to the Hornady 100 grain IL replacement....

NRA life member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

708 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 3,287 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,332
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.