Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Now if the only salient points your pointy head was able to gather,was to sail off into the sunset with a fresh 243AI build to squirt 90 Skinners,you are even a DUMBER Fhuqk than I "credited" you for.

And here I thought I was on the right track pairing the 87 VMax and 90 Lapua as a nice 1-2 punch for paper and hide.

I'll crawl back in my shallow, dark, low ceiling cave of rifle knowledge.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
From your quote I presume you are responding to the Alaskan Ewok (look up the Ewok picture; damn close). All I can say is that the "Ignore" selection should be your friend. I look forward to your 243 AI reports and how they handle the Scenars.

Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
Now if the only salient points your pointy head was able to gather,was to sail off into the sunset with a fresh 243AI build to squirt 90 Skinners,you are even a DUMBER Fhuqk than I "credited" you for.

And here I thought I was on the right track pairing the 87 VMax and 90 Lapua as a nice 1-2 punch for paper and hide.

I'll crawl back in my shallow, dark, low ceiling cave of rifle knowledge.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Hank
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Eh, I enjoy the banter. I would be-a-lying if I said I haven't learned a few things. He appears to have punched more primers and burned more powder than I ever will.

There is some knowledge gained somewhere in there, and I don't mind wading through the shallow water of insults to find a couple gems in the sand that falls off his vag.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Stick has helped a bunch of us over the years. If you catch him right, ask him nice, he can be very helpful and even cordial.

Entertaining, for sure... grin

DF

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
DF

I have the UTMOST RESPECT for his wealth of knowledge. I even enjoy his wit, and if you take the time to read between the lines you can tell he is pretty damn bright. And, yes, I have seen his helpful, thoughtful responses. They can be incredibly insightful and informative. I have thick skin and can give and take with the best, and enjoy good-natured banter and needling. What I can't respect, and have zero tolerance for, are the vile, personal attacks he insists on pursuing. They serve no purpose and only diminish what could be an invaluable contributor on this forum. Of course that is MY OPINION, as we are all entitled to have.

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Stick has helped a bunch of us over the years. If you catch him right, ask him nice, he can be very helpful and even cordial.

Entertaining, for sure... grin

DF

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Hank
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Kane,

Point & Shoot is tough bidness,with Ping Pong Ball BC's. Hint.

Fair mornin',then it blew up and it's rattled 70mph or so all afternoon.

[Linked Image]

A SAAMI 243Win will scoot 105's at 3100fps with '17...which again goes back to Lapooey 308 Virgins,false shoulders,a smooch and 200's magfed. Hint.

With the 257Wby/100TSX/3640fps/250yd zero in like conditions(Woof loping the scene),at the 500yd line...the 257Wby burns up 53.75" of wind drift,while arriving the scene 50fps slower.

The Ruger SAAMI Boat Paddle drifts but 38.75" in like conditions and like zero,if only for starters. What mightcha' cypher the Duplex interpolation to be on the 3.5-10x 257Wby and upon which power?!? HINT.(grin)

Things go wellllllll beyond "dubious",with scopes that don't/cain't adjust and reticles that cain't/won't subtend. Hint.

There ain't too fhuqking many boolits,that I've not shot,which ain't even fair and I don't feel compelled to apologize for being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.(grin)

As an aside the Timney Calvin Elite rates a thunk. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Even on a schitty BC'd 17Rem in a DBM.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pass the Montucky.

Hint..................

OutdoorAss,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please(must).

There's little fhuqking danger of your being the first fhuqking Texan,to attain even an Infantile "understanding" of Ballistics.

Bless your heart.

I can only lead you Stupid Fhuqkers to water and it cracks me the fhuqk up...when you are too fhuqking STUPID to partake.

Laughing!...................

'er,

I ain't ever been caught "wrong".

Hint.................

'330,

You suck a mean ass and your reverse gear,certainly TRUMPS your forward attempts. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to go for the throat,when you find me "mistaken"...it WILL be fhuqking funny. Hint.

Laughing!

Bless your heart.

GREAT time to shut the fhuqk up and take notes. Though you have "threatened" the "dreaded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore and are prepared to make that "stand".

Laughing!!!

Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Remington M 700 SS .375 RUM.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who needs 105's or 90grain Scenars when there are Federal blue box 100 grains? laugh

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's why I asked the question because what stick brought up is what I was thinking he just explained it a lot better... The 100gr bullets have horrible BC the 115's are no better and the few120's out their are not much better. All I read is how this round is the killing machine but it makes me wonder how far folks are actually shooting... When I get back to Ak I'm going to get real serious again about getting a sheep and let's be honest the 257 is not what it is... I'm better off getting a 243 shooting 105 a amax bullets or jump up to a 260.. I know stick is no fan of the 7 mag but I would be better of using my 7 mag on sheep than a 257 weatherby.. Way better bullets out their especially the Barnes lrx bullet or the new hornady bullet.. Anyhow good info.. Will I keep it probably but I will not be using it in Alaska on a sheep hunt or goat hunt...

Last edited by 79S; 12/31/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There ain't much that will hang with a .284" .625BC 162 A-Max smooch at 3150fps and that's prolly why Sister has a 7 Whizzum stoked same,alongside the Kestrel in the above pic. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I know of nobody that's built a .25cal anything in the last decade. Hint.

The 7mm Remmie has been THE pick of the belted litter for many moons and I've tooted it's horn long,loud and often. MUCH prefer it to the STW,mainly because I've had both and boolits matter wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint.

Hell...I mighta even shot a 7-08,7-08AI,284Win,ShamWow,the aforementioned Whizzum,280,280AI,Remmie and STW. Once.(grin)

[Linked Image]

As per the above scenario at the 500yd line in 25mph full value,the 7 Whizzum/162 drifts but 31" as compared to the 257/100X's 53.75" in like conditions. Hint.

It's never been difficult to cypher who shoots...and who don't.

Hint.

Best Rams as of late,have been A-Max'd and that trend will assuredly continue.

22" SAAMI 243Win/105.

[Linked Image]

22" 22-250AI/75A-Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Time to go dredge Chrome,in the freshly fallen rain.....................

Mebbe a Coke Bottled Kchunt will hang some pics of almost doin' sumptin'?!?

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Stick,

What's the story on your .17 Remington? Looks bitchin'.

And I thought you hated the .17 Rem?

Happy New Year,

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 79S
So I recently got one its a rem 700 it was a limited run they did for rmef 25th anniversary few yrs back, anyhow all I read about is folks using 100gr bullets.. I was wondering why the 100gr bullets. I did work up a good load using 115gr tsx using 70gr of 7828 and fed 215. It also shoots the 117gr hornady btsp very well.. The 115gr partition showed potential as well..

I pfu ked up and had a 10 twist 25-06 AI built several years ago, was still green to the fast twist small bores at that time, my rifle shoots the 115 VLD's to 3460 fps, the .48 bc is about the best I can do trying to stretch this 25 cal out any, and that's not much.

However the 100 gr TTSX's at 3580 are very accurate, but drop like turds in a bucket and blow like moths in a damn tornado trying to go long.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by HEB330
DF

What I can't respect, and have zero tolerance for, are the vile, personal attacks he insists on pursuing. They serve no purpose and only diminish what could be an invaluable contributor on this forum. Of course that is MY OPINION, as we are all entitled to have.

No argument...

DF

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have you ever thought of continuing to scroll down?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 79S
So I recently got one its a rem 700 it was a limited run they did for rmef 25th anniversary few yrs back, anyhow all I read about is folks using 100gr bullets.. I was wondering why the 100gr bullets. I did work up a good load using 115gr tsx using 70gr of 7828 and fed 215. It also shoots the 117gr hornady btsp very well.. The 115gr partition showed potential as well..

I pfu ked up and had a 10 twist 25-06 AI built several years ago, was still green to the fast twist small bores at that time, my rifle shoots the 115 VLD's to 3460 fps, the .48 bc is about the best I can do trying to stretch this 25 cal out any, and that's not much.

However the 100 gr TTSX's at 3580 are very accurate, but drop like turds in a bucket and blow like moths in a damn tornado trying to go long.

That's good info as well I picked up some of those Bergers to try out but it doesn't sound to prmsing. I traded into the weatherby really didn't do any research just saw the folks here raging over it then I got to looking at bullets and that's when I saw they all suck.. Am I a long range shooter no I'm not...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have a good bud who's killed 10 rams the hard way, ie on foot no Cub time, in the last 18 years. Furthest one he's killed was around 430 and half or better were under 100.

Not saying the Roy is the end all or that a 105 6mm won't out fly it, just that you don't always have to shoot them way out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

BITCHIN' action pic!

Laughing!

I'll buy the video of you STUPID fhuqkers trying to sneak up on a glass of water. Hit me with an addy and I'll fire off a USPS Money Order.

Bless your heart...................

'flave,

Pard's Liljee 1-9" 17Rem,but the way he's goin' with it...she'll be mine soon.(grin) It's a MR contour at 20",but the pinhole makes the bitch look bigger. Handles/balances well and shoots a wee bit for a BB-Gun. It's fairly Faux Ti-esque,but shorter in the spout,which do not hurt the equation.

The trouble with the 17Rem,is same as any/all other thangs on any of the .378" cases,in that a 1-8" 223AI with 75A-Max at 3150fps from a 21" spout,simply fhuqking CRUSHES it. Goes back to boolits mattering more than a smidge.(grin)

'Course to reiterate,one can always fling 40's at 4000fps from same. Them's BITTER pills to swallow. Pass the 75's.

The best 17 goin' is the 17WSM in a 77/17 Fixed Fhuqked...and hacksawed off at 20". Zero Stop optional.

[Linked Image]

Only blowin' Gale today and only two Venisons in this frame. Oops...left cameras in my crummy,I'll upload here in a bit.(pardon that delay)

[Linked Image]

I was schleppin' the 21" Rocktucky 223AI 1-7"(2980fps form loads) and Sister had C-Note(75A-Max both). Mighta' toted the 18.5" 270/105A-Max melding,but I got it loaned out and ain't seen it in a couple/few days. If it comes back with any loaded ammo left,I'll be disappointed!

[Linked Image]

C-Note has gained alotta favor with her,after dumping a 2oz Shilen trigger in it. 'Course,I savvy the appeal. Just form loads at 2930fps in the 18" Rock 1-8" spout.

[Linked Image]

Also had a Dick Rifle with 75A-Max at 3500fps in tow(23" Krieger 1-7.7"),along with Goose Poop and it's 3150fps 162's(PN 3-grooved OEM contour/length dupe 1-9").

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Slim Shady was in the fray for giggles,in case I found a bight outta da' breeze to call Woofs from. Had a BABLR with 162's at 2500fps for good measure(20" OEM) and a 20" Brux 1-8" 6BR Montucky with 105A-Max at 2700fps.

Cut fresh tracks,but couldn't do any good on 'em,as they'd slicked up their kill overnight and choogled with no reply.

It happens...and the gawddamned fhuqking water is too low to wet a creek,so I never even fired a shot through the GLX 1141-S and defaulted right to Woofs before daybreak and took a Recce Spin.

Rain Dancin' currently,with fingers crossed to boot...as I head to the Reloading Press.............

'500,

I was gonna build a Quaterbore,until you just talked me outta it.

Thanks!.................(grin)

'S,

Everything is long distance to someone.

Boolits matter more than headstamps.

By a whole fhuqking bunch....................(grin)

'Kid,

A guy is never making a concession,by schlepping a superior platform that is lighter in weight,tougher,better handling,shorter in length,of less recoil,drop and drift...while bein' quieter to boot,holding more pokes in the belly and of greater Precision,with better barrel life and cheaper components that are also superior.

Just sayin'.

In no fhuqking particular order.

Hint....................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hey 'Stick, why do you favor short spouts?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (44mc, 2UP, 300jimmy, 1eyedmule, 35, 257 mag, 11 invisible), 1,343 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.