Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So someone actually wore a tinfoil hat? Didn't he realize he had become the embodiment of a cliche? grin

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by jorgeI
WTF is a "Firearms Identification Card" sounds like some yankee-democrat scheme..
Massachusetts.

So.. yeah, you were right.

Gee, where's Kamo-Gari when you need him to tell us gun ownership is not a problem in Mass?..

Probably standing in line at city hall to renew his "Firearms Identification Card".

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
While agree that nut cases shouldn't have access to firearms, I think it needs to go through a pretty good due process to get them.

Otherwise, we'll all be on a "list" at some point.

The article is also proof that registration leads to confiscation.
Exactly right. We lose due process rights, and thats the end, and it appears they've essentially already done away with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I am afraid Homeland Security is turning into our version of the Gestapo, or Cheka.
Won't be long before we hear "your papers, please"

Exactly, which is why it should never be allowed to begin.
Far to slippery a slope, with no bottom in sight.

Felons in 68, now your partner says you pushed them, no guns for you.
What's next, no fly list, nut cases, and just who decides all this?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH

Felons in 68, now your partner says you pushed them, no guns for you.
What's next, no fly list, nut cases, and just who decides all this?
Hilary will appoint someone to make those decisions.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by Fireball2
A tin foil umbrella is not to be trifled with. Very effective. I just don't wear mine in the house, that would be stupid.

Tinfoil hats don't work very well. Now armadillo helmets thats a different story......

Ask the folks in Calif. that had the authorities show up at their door and confiscate all their firearms about tinfoil hats.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The Firearms Identification Card is just the tip of the iceberg of Gun Control Laws for us Massholes. You folks don't know how lucky you are and how important it is to keep those "Commonsense Gun Safety Ideas"... DOA!

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Homeland Security, in my mind, has always had a focus of protection from foreign threats or internal threats influenced by foreign sources. So if this had been a potential terrorist threat then DHS's involvement would be fully expected.

But this is an American citizen, living in America. If it was a potential mass shooting threat (and nobody knows what he might have told his psychiatrist), the appropriate jurisdiction would be Massachusett's State Police or MAYBE the FBI if the threat was to somebody out of state. I suppose if he said something about shooting down airliners that "maybe" DHS would get involved... but I'd still wonder why it shouldn't be FBI.

If Homeland Security is now taking it upon themselves to investigate/monitor American citizens for potential criminal behavior, it's time to disband that failed experiment.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Homeland Security, in my mind, has always had a focus of protection from foreign threats or internal threats influenced by foreign sources. So if this had been a potential terrorist threat then DHS's involvement would be fully expected.

But this is an American citizen, living in America. If it was a potential mass shooting threat (and nobody knows what he might have told his psychiatrist), the appropriate jurisdiction would be Massachusett's State Police or MAYBE the FBI if the threat was to somebody out of state. I suppose if he said something about shooting down airliners that "maybe" DHS would get involved... but I'd still wonder why it shouldn't be FBI.

If Homeland Security is now taking it upon themselves to investigate/monitor American citizens for potential criminal behavior, it's time to disband that failed experiment.
It was time to disband it the moment it went into operation.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Westernmassman
The Firearms Identification Card is just the tip of the iceberg of Gun Control Laws for us Massholes. You folks don't know how lucky you are and how important it is to keep those "Commonsense Gun Safety Ideas"... DOA!

I think a lot here do know and that's why they fight, there are however a few here that have not clue one, "we" know who they are.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
It's the involvement of Homeland Security that confuses me.

The guy is a test case domestic terrorist.

He shrink wrapped his gun.

Psychiatrist thought that was weird.

Must be related to TRH.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (163dm, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,067 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.