Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
We had a great 2015 hunting season in South Africa and to kick off the new year, we are offering these discounted plains game hunting specials which are valid any time in 2016. However, you must book your hunt before 31 January 2016 to take advantage of these prices and we are only offering a limited number of each special. All of these specials may be upgraded with additional animals and/or hunting days.

These specials are all-inclusive and there are no hidden costs. Basically, you are responsible for transporting yourself, your gear, and your trophy to and from Africa. We will pick you up and drop you off at the airport and take care of everything in between. While we have a very high success rate on our hunts, if you do not take any animal included in your package, you will not be charged the listed trophy fee at the time of booking or you may credit it towards another animal.

Your hunt will begin with pick-up at Johannesburg International Airport then you will be driven to our hunting camp. The Highveld and Spiral Horn specials will be conducted at our hunting area in Gauteng Province, which is only about 1.5 hours from Johannesburg International Airport. The Bushveld, Limpopo River, and Family specials will be conducted at our hunting area in Limpopo Province right on the border with Botswana, which is about 5.5 hours from Johannesburg International Airport. Photos of the accommodations at both places are below. As you can see in the photos, both camps are very nice and you will sleep and eat comfortably while on the hunt. All hunters will be lodged in an individual chalet with a bed, shower, sink, toilet, and 220v electricity. Our professionally trained chef is skilled at preparing authentic South African cuisine and wild game.

We strive to provide our hunters a truly authentic African safari with exceptional personal service. For this reason, we do not use outside PHs and we only book one hunting party at a time. If you hunt with us, you will truly experience what Africa has to offer: you’ll get to see and stalk some of the most elusive species on the continent, sit around the campfire and swap hunting stories, hear hyenas at night, and then wake up the next morning and do it all again.

Feel free to PM me with any questions that you have about these specials. I'll also be at the 2016 Washington Sportsmen's Show on 27-31 January 2016 in Booth 451. So if you’re in the area, feel free to stop by and see me in person.

For more details on these specials, visit our web site.
Our full trophy fee list is available here.

Highveld Plains Game Hunting Special
5x Day Hunt for 1x Hunter
Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Blesbok, & Springbok
4x Animals Total
$4,000

Bushveld Plains Game Hunting Special
7x Day Hunt for 1x Hunter
Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, & Warthog
4x Animals Total
$5,000

Spiral Horned Antelope Hunting Package
7x Day Hunt for 1x Hunter
Nyala, Kudu, Eland, & Bushbuck
4x Animals Total
$10,000

Limpopo River Plains Game Hunting Special
10x Day Hunt for 1x Hunter
Kudu, Eland, Zebra, Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, & Warthog
7x Animals Total
$10,000

Family Plains Game Hunting Special
9x Day Hunt for 2x Hunters
Each Hunter: Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, & Warthog
4x Animals Each, 8x Animals Total
$6,000 each, $12,000 total

Included in all South Africa Hunting Specials:
Daily rate and trophy fees for specified animals and number of hunting days
Exclusive use of the hunting area
Services of a licensed Professional Hunter
Pre-Approved firearm import service
Meet & Greet at airport
Transportation between airport and hunting areas
Accommodation, food, and beverages
Reasonable quantity of alcoholic beverages (2-3 per person, per day)
Laundry service during the hunt
Skinning and field preparation of trophies
Delivery of trophies to a Gauteng based taxidermist and shipping company
Not Included in our South Africa Hunting Specials:
Gratuities for staff members
Taxidermy fees
Shipment of trophies out of South Africa
Any airline tickets
Personal, travel, and trophy insurance
International calls from cell phones, or landlines
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Our Limpopo Accommodations
[Linked Image]
Our Gauteng Accommodations
[Linked Image]

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hey guys, this is the outfit I hunted with back in Oct/Nov, John and Crew will take good care of you and do everything possible to insure a safe, successful and very enjoyable hunting experience, I'm going back to Africa, and when I do it will be with them!

Looks like some very nice hunts here John, hope someone here gets these and has the 'Hell Of A Time" I did.smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gunnar,
Did you write a report?

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
KMG, barely, I do not possess the linguists talent to submit a Dr. Rocket type narrative. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You should go again Gunner! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thinkin' real hard about rounding out the 'Spiral Horned 5' Ingwe, my Kudu was a good start in that direction, kitty is back on full. shocked grin

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looks like good prices for some desirable packages. It is good to have an endorsement from Gunner, as well.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
We also recently released this video to give potential hunters a good feel for the sights and sounds of a hunt with us. This is the exact area where gunner500 did most of his hunting with us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4R-ulk_Jk8

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunner500
Thinkin' real hard about rounding out the 'Spiral Horned 5' Ingwe, my Kudu was a good start in that direction, kitty is back on full. shocked grin

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
These are good packages. The one I had (with another outfit) was Limpopo River Plains Game Hunting Special only I got a Blesbok instead of an Eland. If somebody is thinking a one time trip to Africa, this would be a good one. Problem is I figured one time but I want to go again. I think it get's in the blood. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When are the dates for these hunts?

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
When are the dates for these hunts?

These packages are valid for hunts during the 2016 hunting season. The Bushveld, Limpopo River, and Family specials will be conducted at our hunting area in Limpopo Province and we hunt there all year long. The Highveld & Spiral horn specials will be conducted at our hunting area in Gauteng Province and we hunt there May 1 through 31 August.

PM me for specific dates that we have open.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks CT, and YOU are a bad influ-nabler there Poohbah.laugh

TTT for some fine hunting here Men.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Gunnar,
Did you write a report?

In addition to his buffalo, gunner500 also bagged a kudu, zebra, gemsbok, impala, steenbok, & duiker on his hunt. I know some of those photos are floating around at various different places on the campfire, but I've consolidated all of his plains game photos below.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I miss this.smilecry

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
laugh You need to go baaaaaaaack..... laugh

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It's in me blood now mate!

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Makes me want to return to RSA! There's nothing like it.

Eric

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Get on it Eric, call the website listed in this thread, You wont regret it! smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would if I had the dough!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I hear ya buddy, I have already accepted the fact that this "IS" going to be habit forming! grin

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

You and me both, mate!

Those pics of your trophies got me mouth watering, amigo! Like you, I caught the Africa bug on my "once-only" Zimbabwe hunt last year. And these prices are awfully good. I can't swing it in 2016, but 2017 is looking like my target date for a return trip.

BGH, what are your prices for a non-hunting companion?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oops! Never mind, I found it on your website... $250 per day for the memsahib...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Oops! Never mind, I found it on your website... $250 per day for the memsahib...

That's right, $250 per person, per day for a non-hunter.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Doc; if you go to RSA with the memsahib I would encourage you to extend your time and do some touring. There are some wonderful things to see, do, eat and drink in South Africa. From my limited experience, most if not all PHs are very well connected into the tourism scene and will gladly help you get set up for a wonderful tour.

This past May my wife and I hunted for 10 days in the Eastern cape, toured for 10 days; down to Cape Town and back, and finished with 2 days on the beach. Whilst I was hunting our PH arranged for a tour guide for my wife. Some days she would come along on the hunt for 1/2 day and then do some touring on the tougher hunting days she would just tour. It worked out very well.

In my opinion; and my opinion and $5 will buy you a Starbucks coffee, far too often hunters will miss out on some really cool experiences by not touring.

All the best and I hope you can get back to Africa soon. My one and only in 2009, lead to a 2015 trip and hopefully back a gain real soon.

GRF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DocRocket

You and me both, mate!

Those pics of your trophies got me mouth watering, amigo! Like you, I caught the Africa bug on my "once-only" Zimbabwe hunt last year. And these prices are awfully good. I can't swing it in 2016, but 2017 is looking like my target date for a return trip.

BGH, what are your prices for a non-hunting companion?

We are happily, 'so screwed' grin

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Be careful. There IS an African virus, and I caught it in the Eastern Cape of RSA in 2007. I was told that there was no cure, only treatments. I went back for my first treatment in 2009, and for my second in 2010. Sad to say, the treatments didn't work, and I still have the virus. Not a day goes by that I don't want to take my Sharps and go again. It is a delicious disease, and I'm glad I caught it. But it is a bitch, no doubt about it.

Last edited by sharpsguy; 01/09/16.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dang Sharpsguy, I'd have thought you would have came up with a cure by now. cry smile

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't really want to cure it. The memories keep me going.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I can fully understand that Big Bill. wink

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Today is the first day of the 2016 Washington Sportsmen's Show at the state fairground in Puyallup (show hours below). I'll be exhibiting at Booth 451 every day through the end of the show on Sunday. Be sure to stop by and ask me about our show specials!
Wednesday: 12noon – 8pm
Thursday: 12noon – 8pm
Friday: 12noon – 8pm
Saturday: 10am – 8pm
Sunday: 10am – 4pm
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Since we have been getting so much interested in these specials, we've decided to extend them through the end of the month. Contact me before 29 February 2016 in order to lock in these prices, which will be valid for any hunt this year.
The photos below were both taken of kudu on our hunting area in Gauteng Province in this month. 2016 is shaping up to be a great year and we can offer some great hunting opportunities for some truly excellent trophies. Feel free to PM me for more details or with any questions you may have.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,748
Posts18,457,795
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.