Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by pete53
so what I did had straight line machine who builds many national champion 1000 yard bench guns now and had owner greg walstrom but a new bonx barrel on it ,now the rifle which is still a 338 lapua after rebedding and this new bonx barrel shoots great.

Have seen many brux barrels, never heard of a bonx ???

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You haven't heard of the Bonx? Next to the Super Chicken, it's the hottest thing going.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
E-bonx made in Harlem?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Didn't read the thread but on a 700 if just go Rum. Edge is longer and takes up more mag length and although it has a bit more capacity most people I've seen with one down load it to find the node. A RUM will feed and function well and is somewhat efficient. The Lapua is s good choice for quality brass and availability but I've never really liked them on s rem action. The 338/375 ruger interests me a bit too. Chasing a few extra fps isn't always worth it now that we have range finders and it's easy to just dial a few more clicks. I've been doing pretty well at long range lately with my little 24" 300 wsm and 215 hybrids at 2800.

Bb

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Burleyboy, thanks. Yeah, I'm not concerned with max'ing out fps.

Question: you say EDGE is longer than RUM.... why is that?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÃœCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Uhhhh because the 300 RUM case is longer than the 338 RUM case... Literally the whole point of the EDGE...

Tanner

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I know that, but he's talking COAL.

The CENTER will hold.

FÃœCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
COAL is longer because the case is longer. Tough to wrap ones mind around, I realize.

Tanner

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't be a dick. He's the first person in all these pages to say that COAL is a potential issue in an EDGE in a M700 action. I'd like to hear more about what he has to say about that. STFU or go away.

The CENTER will hold.

FÃœCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Don't be a dick. He's the first person in all these pages to say that COAL is a potential issue in an EDGE in a M700 action. I'd like to hear more about what he has to say about that. STFU or go away.

Jeff, sometimes you make no sense at all. Longer case always mean longer COAL. Duh!

As I posted earlier with the proper bottom motel one can load out to 3.9" COAL in a Rem 700 action. Don't act like this hasn't been covered.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry your feelings got hurt Jeff.

All RUM cases have COAL issues in a 700 LA. That is why a lot of people use an extended box like Wyatt's or a DBM or set them up as single shot.

And the 195 Bergers will still smash elk as far as you could possibly hit them every time.

Tanner

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

Jeff, sometimes you make no sense at all. Longer case always mean longer COAL. Duh!

As I posted earlier with the proper bottom motel one can load out to 3.9" COAL in a Rem 700 action. Don't act like this hasn't been covered.

Be nice or go away JWP. This is Jeffy's place of solace.

Tanner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stop picking on the obama voter guys. She's a little slow.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Curious to hear about your experiences smashing elk with the 195 Berger, Tanner.

JWP, yes, I know this. I personally milled the action for my 7 WSM and installed an extended Wyatt's, modified the bolt stop, etc, and will do so in this case as well (or go detached mag).

Burleyboy says he's been around a number of both RUM's and EDGE's in M700's and has raised a point that I'm curious to hear more about, which is COAL issues with the EDGE. I seriously doubt that the EDGE's he saw were in bone-stock M700 actions, right? So my vote is we let the gentleman expand on that, if he will.

The CENTER will hold.

FÃœCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh good Lord. Post-holiday grumpiness much, guys? grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÃœCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Curious to hear about your experiences smashing elk with the 195 Berger, Tanner.

JWP, yes, I know this. I personally milled the action for my 7 WSM and installed an extended Wyatt's, modified the bolt stop, etc, and will do so in this case as well (or go detached mag).

Burleyboy says he's been around a number of both RUM's and EDGE's in M700's and has raised a point that I'm curious to hear more about, which is COAL issues with the EDGE. I seriously doubt that the EDGE's he saw were in bone-stock M700 actions, right? So my vote is we let the gentleman expand on that, if he will.

The only way to have a COAL issue is with long heavy high BC Bullets in a stock magazine no other way.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give it a season or 2, there'll be a gallery of bulls smacked with that bullet but they already have proven to be killers. If a .760 BC going 2850 doesn't seem like an elk killer then I don't know what does.

Tanner

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

You claim to build guns, yet cant figure this stuff out?

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tanner
Give it a season or 2, there'll be a gallery of bulls smacked with that bullet but they already have proven to be killers. If a .760 BC going 2850 doesn't seem like an elk killer then I don't know what does.

Tanner

I see.

I'd appreciate it if you'd share your experience with building and running big .33's on M700 actions. Thanks!

The CENTER will hold.

FÃœCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475

The only way to have a COAL issue is with long heavy high BC Bullets in a stock magazine no other way.

Thanks John. Appreciate the definitiveness of that. That's my gut on it as well. Still, would love to hear from Burleyboy as to what he saw. Hopefully he'll check back in.

The CENTER will hold.

FÃœCK PUTIN!
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 11 invisible), 1,370 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.