Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff,
There are a bunch of Edge shooters down here. The standard 338 RUM is a little shorter and gives you more play room than the Edge.

Given the choice I would rather play with a heavy Seven. 100+ grains per poke does tend to wake you up.

If you do decide to run a big 33 consider getting a can.

GB1

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Howdy Rogue! Yes, you guys have a great thing going down there.

Can=suppressor?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Or you could just buy a M700 LSS in 338 RUM and call it done. Here is mine and she shoots lights out with .5 MOA to 800 yards. Scope is a VX-6 3-18x44mm.
[Linked Image]
100 yds
[Linked Image]
200 yds
[Linked Image]
JD338

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Howdy Rogue! Yes, you guys have a great thing going down there.

Can=suppressor?

My god, all the posts you have here and you don't know what a godd damn can is???

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JD338
Or you could just buy a M700 LSS in 338 RUM and call it done. Here is mine and she shoots lights out with .5 MOA to 800 yards. Scope is a VX-6 3-18x44mm.
[Linked Image]
100 yds
[Linked Image]
200 yds
[Linked Image]
JD338

JD, thanks. One of my donor candidates is that exact rifle in 300 RUM (used). It handled real nice. I will be sorely tempted to shoot it, if I go that route. And then with my luck the damn thing would shoot lights out!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Can=suppressor?

He means a can, literally. A large one.

You slide it over your head when you go the range in an attempt to save other gun owners the potential embarrassment of associating us with Obama loving dickheads like yourself.

Why anybody tries to help your stupid ass with anything is beyond comprehension.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by JD338
[Linked Image]
100 yds
[Linked Image]
200 yds
[Linked Image]
JD338

JD, thanks. One of my donor candidates is that exact rifle in 300 RUM (used). It handled real nice. I will be sorely tempted to shoot it, if I go that route. And then with my luck the damn thing would shoot lights out!
Then use the .300 RUM and forget about a "Big .33."

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Can=suppressor?

He means a can, literally. A large one.

You slide it over your head when you go the range in an attempt to save other gun owners the potential embarrassment of associating us with Obama loving dickheads like yourself.

Why anybody tries to help your stupid ass with anything is beyond comprehension.

Dave

For most drunks, I'd be for saying its a bit early to be in the mean stage. But you are in a class all by yourself. Congratulations.....?

Now go play with your goatphuck of an "ultimate rifle"...... snork......

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Then use the .300 RUM and forget about a "Big .33."

Again. Far, far too simple. smile

I want to build another rifle. It's not a need; I've got enough, and they all work well. Heck, I have a very accurate .338 WM! I cut metal for a living and it's a nice break from making industrial parts to work on a rifle. And, there's plenty to learn, and I enjoy the challenge.

.......... but if the [bleep] DID shoot really, really well I'd be sorely tempted to run with it. Ugh. Then I'd be ".30-cal long range" guy. Nobody loves .30 cal long range guy. The smug "I'm so efficient" 6.5 and 7mm guys act all, you know, superior, and the "my dick is HUGE!" .33 cal guys are like, snork.... look at that wanky little thing..... It'd be a tough, tough place to live.

(All in good fun, you over-sensitive 6.5, 7mm, .30, and .33 cal wankers!)

(And that was in good fun too)

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Gotcha. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew you'd understand <grin>.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup,have a .458 Win mag on the way. Gonna re-chamber it to .450 Howell.

So,yup,been there,doing that.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You've got a donor action, I've shown you a barrel. Bix & Andy triggers are available, along with McM stocks and DE bolt stops. Can get a reamer ground post haste. What's your hold up???

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Yup,have a .458 Win mag on the way. Gonna re-chamber it to .450 Howell.

So,yup,been there,doing that.

Going after those White Sands.... the hell are they.... Oryx? Is that right?

Sounds like a boomer!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
You've got a donor action, I've shown you a barrel. Bix & Andy triggers are available, along with McM stocks and DE bolt stops. Can get a reamer ground post haste. What's your hold up???

AJ, ordering the barrel next week, but if it was you that linked to that one Grizzly was selling, not that barrel. I want Pac-Nor, I want stainless, I want fluted....... Hopefully get it by March or April. I wouldn't say I have a donor. I have options for an action, but the one donor locally is far from ideal. Unless it shoots. Then it's just CONFUSING <g>. Probably go bare action there anyway, assuming the place I found one actually HAS it like they say they do. Unless I buy that donor. [bleep] if I know at this moment.

The rest of the parts are TBD. Most of them are easy to snag when needed. I guess some stocks have lead time. Not ready to commit to a stock and won't be for a while. That style stock is uncharted waters for me. Plus I need to think more about magazine options; detachable box is again uncharted waters in a bolt gun. Do I want that? Dunno. Might be too tacticool for me.

The scope will be a big enough single purchase that I'll have to either save up a bit or have a fat month and just go for it. I've got business plays in motion that are about to need resources as well. It's not going to be a fast build. Unless you're buying! smile

Last edited by Jeff_O; 12/28/15.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
No,eventually going to hunt in Africa for Cape buffalo and elephant.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Suppressor's are awesome, tossed salad sucks. Big 33's scream 300 grain scenars. 30's call for 155 scenar. Sevens are more fun, and go to the woods.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A 10x Super Sniper is amazingly good for a few bills. You'd pay 5x as much for close to the same.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
SWFA is head of the pack as far as "can't afford a NF" goes. Hopefully it won't be a money-driven choice. We'll see. The joys of self employment- I have NO IDEA how much I'll make in 2016! But '15 was good enough that I just pushed a few K income into '16 for tax purposes.. Onward!

Hit a few gunshops today looking for a donor. One I hadn't been into, is a stocking Vortex dealer and had several LR oriented models in stock. I'll trouble them to take a couple out of the case when I get closer to buying.

For that matter, my 6.5-20 Conquest has been really solid on a couple rifles now and is optically brilliant. They are like $700. Needs a ramp though as it is challenged a bit in the erector travel department.

Like Deflave........ bwa ha ha.....

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

AJ, ordering the barrel next week, but if it was you that linked to that one Grizzly was selling, not that barrel. I want Pac-Nor, I want stainless, I want fluted....... Hopefully get it by March or April. I wouldn't say I have a donor. I have options for an action, but the one donor locally is far from ideal. Unless it shoots. Then it's just CONFUSING <g>. Probably go bare action there anyway, assuming the place I found one actually HAS it like they say they do. Unless I buy that donor. [bleep] if I know at this moment.

The rest of the parts are TBD. Most of them are easy to snag when needed. I guess some stocks have lead time. Not ready to commit to a stock and won't be for a while. That style stock is uncharted waters for me. Plus I need to think more about magazine options; detachable box is again uncharted waters in a bolt gun. Do I want that? Dunno. Might be too tacticool for me.

The scope will be a big enough single purchase that I'll have to either save up a bit or have a fat month and just go for it. I've got business plays in motion that are about to need resources as well. It's not going to be a fast build. Unless you're buying! smile

Jesus Christ on the cross.

What a buffoon.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,514
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.