Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
This will be my daughters 3rd year to hunt. Hopefully this is the year. She took a couple shots last year, but nerves got the best of her. We drive 11 hours every year to Missouri to hunt with family for a couple days. I think she is dialed in. The squirt in the back will be joining us in a few years.
[Linked Image]

Good is not good when better is expected. ~ Thomas Fuller
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I hope this is the year that all of the pieces come together for her. Good luck!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yep! I hope this is the year for her. Psst. Tell her that Pringles are good luck. The plain ones, in the red can. Let her munch on those for a snack while she sits a stand.

Ask me how I know.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks guys, we have shot more this year and practiced a couple quick acquisition drills to hopefully get her ready. But sometimes you look at a deer long enough and you can just get the shakes. We will see.

Crimson so what's the story behind the pringles?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The guy who owns the farm where I hunt has a daughter just a year younger than my son. When she started hunting about about age 10 or so, she was in a terrible hurry to take her first deer. Well, you know what can happen when you try too hard. That first season she hunted, she never got a chance at anything, and everyone else was having the usual good luck.....

The second year she hunted, she was still moping from the year before and figured out loud that she wouldn't see any deer that year either.

I happened to have about a half can of pringles on my Ranger when I saw her, and told her that they were good luck.

She took the can and went off. Killed her first deer later and to this day, still doesn't sit a stand without a can of pringles...

Thus, I guess, superstitions are born.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The guy who owns the farm where I hunt has a daughter just a year younger than my son. When she started hunting about about age 10 or so, she was in a terrible hurry to take her first deer. Well, you know what can happen when you try too hard. That first season she hunted, she never got a chance at anything, and everyone else was having the usual good luck.....

The second year she hunted, she was still moping from the year before and figured out loud that she wouldn't see any deer that year either.

I happened to have about a half can of pringles on my Ranger when I saw her, and told her that they were good luck.

She took the can and went off. Killed her first deer later and to this day, still doesn't sit a stand without a can of pringles...

Thus, I guess, superstitions are born.

I smoke cigars for luck and they do work. Probably a bad idea though.................... smile

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by texas_hawg
Thanks guys, we have shot more this year and practiced a couple quick acquisition drills to hopefully get her ready. But sometimes you look at a deer long enough and you can just get the shakes. We will see.

And good luck to your little girl!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck this year. It took my youngest son 3 different yout hunt years before he finially put it all together. BTW what part of Missouri do you hunt?

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Crimson there will be a can of red pringles traveling to Missouri with us this year. I'll tell her your story as we head to the deer blind. She likes stories like that.

Law there will be a cigar smoked... By me when she smokes a deer this year with her 243. smile

Jim we hunt in North Central MO near Trenton up in Grundy County. Have not missed a deer season in 20 years with my dad, brother and brother n law. Lots of memories up there and some of the best have been sitting with my little girl in the stand, even before she was toting a gun.

Thanks guys for the well wishes. Good luck to you and your families this year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jim we hunt in North Central MO near Trenton up in Grundy County.

NICE AREA, if you guys are short on hunters this year just give me a shout out. my sons and i can be up there to help you!

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Crimson there will be a can of red pringles traveling to Missouri with us this year. I'll tell her your story as we head to the deer blind. She likes stories like that.

Law there will be a cigar smoked... By me when she smokes a deer this year with her 243. smile

Jim we hunt in North Central MO near Trenton up in Grundy County. Have not missed a deer season in 20 years with my dad, brother and brother n law. Lots of memories up there and some of the best have been sitting with my little girl in the stand, even before she was toting a gun.

Thanks guys for the well wishes. Good luck to you and your families this year.

Very good!!!

Kill a biggun!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a recoil pad on that gun?

If not consider a slip on one. Look in Walmart for what fits the stock.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Took your advice Savage and added a recoil pad. Now headed to the range in the next week or so to try it out.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Well it was a successful hunt this year. My daughter got her first doe at about 100 yds out. Didn't think to get a pic with the Pringles can and the deer but the Pringles were in the blind.

Never saw anything that was worth me shooting, but this was most successful hunt I've ever been on. We have meat in the freezer thanks to my little hunter.
[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Very nice! Congratulations to the young lady on her first and to you for helping to make it happen. Best wishes to all of you for many more memorable hunts together!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 10gaugeman, 77 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,471
Posts18,451,724
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.