Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
What backpacks do you guys use to bow hunt where quietness and stealth are paramount? I am talking about the pack you wear while actually hunting for the day not necessairly the pack you use to get into the back country, if they are different.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I've been using a Blacks Creek All-American. It's a fanny pack with shoulder straps. This is for treestand hunting. I hang it on a short EZ hanger when I get into the tree.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kifaru spike camp. Will never break or wear out and just the right size for the whole day.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I already have a Kifau Late Season, which I love, but it is awfully noisy when in the thick stuff, I was thinking there might be an alternative for day hunts that might be less "scratchy.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of cheap fleece disposable options.

Quite in most cases equals fragile.

Cheap though so a season or two might be a reasonable ROI

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Badlands Super Day - small enough to be a good grab and go for the day, big enough to start bringing something out.

Last edited by AH64guy; 12/25/15.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bison Gear packs are great day packs, not ultra light for extended trips but nothing quieter and much tougher than fleece.

Good organization options and Angelo will customize (within reason).

I wanted a chest pack similar to the HPG but quieter. Bison Gear made me one in heavy wool that works well.

http://www.bisongearonline.com/page/page/3279915.htm

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like this one,
Academy pack

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eberlestock mini me.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still using a couple of old Bianchi "speed packs". Material is like the Cabelas "suede", quiet and pretty durable. Of course, those packs are long since discontinued.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
For the last 15 years or so I have used a Cabelas day pack that has held up very well but now I want a pack with more room. After doing lots of research I decided on buying a Slumberjack Carbine 2500 backpack in Kryptek. It has excellent reviews so far, lots of room and most important to me as a bowhunter many well placed easily accessible pockets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last several years I have been using an Eberlestock X2. It's a little on the big side for a day pack but is nice because it opens up and can haul 1/2 a mule deer or elk quarter on the first trip out. Second trips I use an old Moose Freighter frame pack. I use the butt bucket for archery and keep the bow out of my hands. When hunting with a rifle I have the scabbard that works very well.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Badlands Ultra Day for me. Has the trampoline suspension and I like the pocket configuration. Very quiet and comfortable for day-long wear when full.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
x2 for the Badlands super day and I picked up a Eberlestock X2 for day hunting further out west where I carry a spotting scope, 2 binos, etc.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
I already have a Kifau Late Season, which I love, but it is awfully noisy when in the thick stuff, I was thinking there might be an alternative for day hunts that might be less "scratchy.

Did yours come with the fleece cover that velcros on?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootsaswede

This is the one I use for two major reasons; comfort and versatility. I think one needs to go to fleece if one wants to accomplish the stealth you desire.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,402
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.