Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Sounds like the OP has an agenda to drive. Until someone else comes forth to defend the 2A, they will continue to get my support. I suggest others do the same.

We all have an agenda, mine happens to be liberty. What's yours, militarism, taxation, war, oppression, & empire?

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I too struggle with some of their policies. I too support them because theres not much to support our cause.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by sidepass
I too struggle with some of their policies. I too support them because theres not much to support our cause.

A commonly held POV. Since my cause is liberty with guns rights being one of many parts of that the NRA's overall antipathy to liberty makes them unacceptable. Those who see gun rights as separate from other rights or see gun rights as central with other rights as peripheral don't understand.

“…the portion of liberty enjoyed in England is just enough to enslave a country more productively than by despotism, and that as the real object of all despotism is revenue, a government so formed obtains more than it could do either by direct despotism, or in a full state of freedom, and is, therefore on the ground of interest, opposed to both. They account also for the readiness which always appears in such governments for engaging in wars by remarking on the different motives which produced them. In despotic governments wars are the effect of pride; but in those governments in which they become the means of taxation, they acquire thereby a more permanent promptitude.”
--Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by darrenlobo
..... Those who see gun rights as separate from other rights or see gun rights as central with other rights as peripheral don't understand.

Oh no, we understand and recognize pure BS when we see it!

Ray
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
The other night I watched a re-broadcast of the Clinton/ Sanders debate. They finally got around to mentioning guns.

When Hillary started talking about the NRA she morphed into a rabid beast.I thought she was going to burst a vessel!! Nearly foaming at the mouth, the sheer hatred in her eyes,and tone of her voice was amazing!! I got the impression that she doesn't like the NRA much. sick

With that said, the NRA MUST be doing something right cool

Regards,
Knarley

A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
MOLON LABE
LET'S GO BRANDON!!
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
"I thought she was going to burst a vessel". We can only hope , Kenneth

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
It’s Time to Eliminate The Gun
Control Laws: Yes, All Of Them

http://jpfo.org/articles-2016/eliminate-gun-laws.htm

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is the most serious aspect. When the writers of the Amendments to the constitution where crafting them. They sought out the strongest legal terms to protect the Key protections from legal erosion over time. This term "Shall not Infringe" The strongest legal term ever written. Contemplate how effective the strongest legal term ever written has restrained some who hate Americas freedoms. Our so called leaders from the local city council to the Supreme courts and legislators in Washington All scheme to erode the power given to the citizen by the term "Shall not Infringe"

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
6--good post.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Four out of one hundred. That's a strong and troubling argument Mr. Wolf. Since groups are power, is there any organization around that you would endorse? Something with a track record in legislative and electoral matters.

GOA! Gun Owners of America.

Last edited by websterparish47; 06/15/16.
IC B3

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
It’s Time to Eliminate The Gun
Control Laws: Yes, All Of Them

Yep, and thank God the NRA knows which ones are doable and concentrates it's efforts on those. Your "all or nothing" approach will get you the latter of the two.

Don

NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Those who see gun rights as separate from other rights or see gun rights as central with other rights as peripheral don't understand.

We understand fully. Looks like you haven't come to the realization that without the 2nd Amendment, all the others will disappear.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Idiotic fruitcakes trying to rationalize not joining or sending dues.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by cisco1

Im agree!
Every gun owner should be an NRA member!

Last edited by mtech; 11/04/16.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by saddlesore
[quote=darrenlobo] Those who see gun rights as separate from other rights or see gun rights as central with other rights as peripheral don't understand.

We understand fully. Looks like you haven't come to the realization that without the 2nd Amendment, all the others will disappear.

We lost the 2A when we lost the militia & the govt armed itself to the teeth. All other rights are falling away fast. Anyway, my point is that gun rights are part of property rights. It's only as we defend the right to property that we defend gun rights. Consider the point I make here: Youtube

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by mtech

Im agree!

Why? The NRA is in favor of gun control. They say "enforce the laws on the books". They don't say abolish the ATF, repeal the NFA, repeal the Gun Control Act of '68, nor do they want to repeal Brady. We could be rid of gun control if the NRA would stop supporting it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtech

Im agree!

Why? The NRA is in favor of gun control. They say "enforce the laws on the books". They don't say abolish the ATF, repeal the NFA, repeal the Gun Control Act of '68, nor do they want to repeal Brady. We could be rid of gun control if the NRA would stop supporting it.

Unfortunately, you are politically naïve in thinking that these can easily overturned in this time. And who is the "WE" that you speak of? Most gunowners I know would rather set around amongst themselves and bitch about the subject or 'buy another gun or magazine' rather than get politically active and do something constructive to preserve gun rights. The NRA is the best voice with the most clout in this politically charged point in time and deals in political reality, something you seem to know nothing about. The NRA is the Big Dog in the room and it's not perfect but for all its flaws it's still the best game in town.

2Seventy

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by 2Seventy
[quote=mtech][quote=cisco1]

Im agree!

Unfortunately, you are politically naïve in thinking that these can easily overturned in this time. And who is the "WE" that you speak of? Most gunowners I know would rather set around amongst themselves and bitch about the subject or 'buy another gun or magazine' rather than get politically active and do something constructive to preserve gun rights. The NRA is the best voice with the most clout in this politically charged point in time and deals in political reality, something you seem to know nothing about. The NRA is the Big Dog in the room and it's not perfect but for all its flaws it's still the best game in town.

I get your point about political reality what you don't seem to get is that that reality can be changed. The only reason it doesn't change is the NRA supporting the status quo. That means keeping gun control alive. Being able to scare gun owners keeps the money flowing. If we ever were to win the battle against gun control the NRA's money would dry up & they sure don't want that, do they? Bottom line, you're being played.

Last edited by darrenlobo; 11/07/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Im agree!

I get your point about political reality what you don't seem to get is that that reality can be changed. The only reason it doesn't change is the NRA supporting the status quo. That means keeping gun control alive. Being able to scare gun owners keeps the money flowing. If we ever were to win the battle against gun control the NRA's money would dry up & they sure don't want that, do they? Bottom line, you're being played.

The political reality is that new attempts for more gun control will always be there and will always be pushed by the left. In this country it’s part of the Democrat Party platform. It’s where they buy their votes and get their donations. Duping one more non-gun owning liberal into thinking that one more gun law, over and above the 20,000+ laws we now have, will be the answer to the problem, with no empirical facts to support it. Name one country in the last century that has turned back the clock on restricting small arms ownership to its citizens? There are none. Gun control marches forward.
We have the 2nd Amendment in this country but in this election if Hillary is elected she will change the face of the Supreme Court and put in justices that will NOT believe or rule in favor of your individual right to own a firearm. She has stated as much and it will be her legacy if elected and allowed to do so.
This fight will NEVER end and laws passed now and rights lost now will almost never be recovered.
I think the left loves these petty arguments. It makes their job easier: “Divide and Conquer”.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D

Im agree!

The political reality is that new attempts for more gun control will always be there and will always be pushed by the left. In this country it’s part of the Democrat Party platform. It’s where they buy their votes and get their donations. Duping one more non-gun owning liberal into thinking that one more gun law, over and above the 20,000+ laws we now have, will be the answer to the problem, with no empirical facts to support it. Name one country in the last century that has turned back the clock on restricting small arms ownership to its citizens? There are none. Gun control marches forward.
We have the 2nd Amendment in this country but in this election if Hillary is elected she will change the face of the Supreme Court and put in justices that will NOT believe or rule in favor of your individual right to own a firearm. She has stated as much and it will be her legacy if elected and allowed to do so.
This fight will NEVER end and laws passed now and rights lost now will almost never be recovered.
I think the left loves these petty arguments. It makes their job easier: “Divide and Conquer”.

No way, what makes gun rights haters job easier is the fact that their "enemy" (the NRA) is not opposed to gun control. It's a phony dance they do to get money out of suckers. Neither side wants to win, they just want to keep on dancing on the gravy train of donations.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.