Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My two brothers and I are looking for a fishing trip. I had originally planned to visit Loreto, Mexico in May and fish out of a super panga for dorado and tuna. Have done this before and am looking for a similar trip. Flights to Loreto aren't working for us since we're only seeing Alaska Air flights and not willing to overnight in LAX and pay double what the price was early this year. I have emails to Loreto in an attempt to learn who else fly there.

Also, my one brother gets sea sick easily so rough water or even getting out of view of the shore isn't an option. I believe that leaves us with either reef fishing or bone fishing.

Worse of all, my brothers are awfully cheap so I don't see us headed out for a day that cost more than $500 total.

Some background: I've fished Cabo and don't like the place, had a great time reef fishing at Ambergris but flights to here are an issue, bone fished Vieques (off Puerto Rico) with poor luck, found great bone fishing at Guanaja but again flights are expensive.

Any ideas?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boise,

I've fished out of LaPaz for 3 decades with David Jones of Fishermans Fleet. He uses pangas near the fishing site to avoid long boat rides.......His operation is above board all the way.....no hidden charges or fees.....no screw the gringo BS....way cheaper than you quote.....You can fly into SJD and he will send a van for you.

His captains live in a small farming village and grew up on the water....probably the best natural fishermen I've been around.....good solid family people that I consider friends.

Check out his website and give him a call early some morning.

Usually May is good as the winds have ceased and warmer water is bringing in the pelagics.

Not sure if I'll make it this spring as I'm booked with his son, Chris for next fall at Magdalena Bay. If Chris isn't the best captain on the Baja, he's within reach.

If you wish to discuss PM me for phone or email.

Vern

Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Vern,

That's an excellent suggestion, just south of Loreto where I've had excellent fishing.

PM headed your way.

Rick

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Vern, that's good to know. I've fished out of Cabo, both bigger boat and ponga, and my ponga experience sucked because of the captain.

I've been up to La Paz and it's a cool little town. Sounds like you've got a good Captain dialed in.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
An entire village full of good captains.

Chris should be back from Mag Bay about now and will have his 32' center console available our of LaPaz.

Give David a call......he's a great guy with a great family....regardless of his politics smile

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1minute, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 70 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,210
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.