Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Has anyone had their hands on this scope?

I would like feedback if you have. Optical quality, turret feel, features, etc�

Thanks.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Has anyone had their hands on this scope?

I would like feedback if you have. Optical quality, turret feel, features, etc�

Thanks.

This used to be the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 and it was made by Meopta. I had one last year and it was great in lowlight and never an issue with tracking anything, nice eye relief and eye box. I did not have a turret on it though. You might be able to find a Zeiss Conquest somewhere with turrets .

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I bought 1 last year and having owned a couple of Swarovski Professional Hunters and Zeiss,Victory VM/V's,I would rate it BETTER than the Swarovski AND ALMOST equal to the VM/V'S AS FAR AS CLARITY,CONTRAST,especially early in the morning and late in the evening.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I haven't used the 4.5-14 model but I have used Meopta and find them to be the best value. In fact, I am slowly replacing all my Leupolds (VX2, VX3 & VX6) with Meopta's.

I can't comment on the feel of the turrets as I used the BDC reticles but the build quality is great. Like crittergetter, I have been very impressed with low light resolution and in wet/foggy conditions.

Hope that helps.

Kindest regards.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have one of the prototypes with the McWhorter Reticle. It is a super scope. Glass is on par with all the high end stuff. I am certain it is better than that of the Swaro Z5 as I have one of these too. You absolutely cannot go wrong with it!

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by JimBobwsm
I have one of the prototypes with the McWhorter Reticle. It is a super scope. Glass is on par with all the high end stuff. I am certain it is better than that of the Swaro Z5 as I have one of these too. You absolutely cannot go wrong with it!

is there anyway u could post a pic of the mcwhorter reticle looking thro the scope whenever u get a chance? im considering one of these with that reticle but cant find a pic of it through the scope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check this link out for the Meopta reticles including the McWhorter reticles.

http://www.cameralandny.com/pdf/meopta_reticles.pdf

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Old thread, looking real hard at this scope, with the McWhorter HV reticle.. Anybody know if there's much difference between the McWhorter and the rapid Z 800?
Will the Zeiss ballistic calculator work for the McWhorter reticle?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muttly
Old thread, looking real hard at this scope, with the McWhorter HV reticle.. Anybody know if there's much difference between the McWhorter and the rapid Z 800?
Will the Zeiss ballistic calculator work for the McWhorter reticle?

I don't know if there is a difference or whether the Zeiss ballistic calculator will work; however, on the Meopta web site they do have their own similar calculator for their reticles. Using that calculator may render your question moot. If not, you could use each calculator with he exact same inputs and check the results. That will tell you how identical they are.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 12/06/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What do you use a calculator for?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
What do you use a calculator for?

People use the calculator to give them a starting point as to which hashmark represents which distance at which power. Then, shoot and confirm (repeatedly).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ah, got it. I just go shoot and see what the paper and impacts tell me.

Have heard of this, kind of like running drops on JBM or such, but would not trust a dang thing at all personally except what I fire.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's exactly why I tell people what I posted above, "shoot and confirm (repeatedly). Use the calculator as a starting point.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Meopta is the exact same scope as the old Zeiss Conquest? Just priced higher?

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Not sure. Never owned the Zeiss.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love my Meoptas, the only reason I have not completely switched over, other than cost, is the large ocular lens make it harder to install on Model 70 actions.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
828 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 79 invisible), 3,254 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,713
Posts18,400,305
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.