Hop To
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
What do you guys think about them ?

Supposedly they spin an arrow 9,000 rpm ? That sounds mighty fast but people who design this stuff probably know more than me.
Anyway ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've played with them and they seem to work as advertised. Fletching clearance is the biggest issue since they're not flexible. I used a Whisker Biscuit but experienced odd flyers now and then. Don't know if that's attributable to the rest or knock. I haven't got back to trying them with a drop away rest to see if that clears it up. I like the idea and the ease of replacing them without the need for a fletching jig.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Odd flyers are a normal part of the whisker biscuits design.

It's not inherently the fault of the WB but the shooter. Folks have to realize that the brace height is functionally "zero" when shooting with the WB.

Longer brace height of 7" is very forgiving to the shooter. Shorter brace heights of 6" are more critical of the shooters form.

If this drop in " forgiving nature of only 1 or 2" is noticeable then what happens when it's reduced to zero?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tmitch
I've played with them and they seem to work as advertised. Fletching clearance is the biggest issue since they're not flexible. I used a Whisker Biscuit but experienced odd flyers now and then. Don't know if that's attributable to the rest or knock. I haven't got back to trying them with a drop away rest to see if that clears it up. I like the idea and the ease of replacing them without the need for a fletching jig.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw a slow motion video of how the arrow is already spinning when the fletching crosses the riser , since the arrow is mechanically spun very fast the fletching would be smacking the whisker biscuit -rather that slicing the vanes through the WB.

I use FOB's so tuning shouldn't affect them.

Tuning fletching shouldn't take anything more than turning the nock to get the timing right to miss the drop away rest.

I'm going to buy some arrows from alaska bowhunting supply and give heavy 650+gr arrows a try.
Single bevel heads --FOB'S and turbo nocks for shots on hog at steep downward angle , having a buddy build me an 8' heavy rebar spear w/a 6" cutting head.I'd guess it would weigh 10lbs.

Last edited by ol_mike; 01/04/16.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 1,909 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,671
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.