Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
"I am confident using it on North American big game,” says Shockey.
smile Did you see his smile?! Smells like he got paid a lot of money to smile and say how "shocked" he was as the poor penned bison struggled to get up again....

Yea, it looked about as exciting as shooting a cow in a pasture to me.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
When you manually have to draw the string hold it and release weather, compound,recurve or long bow that's what I consider bow hunting
Crossbow is boarder line
That thing is an air rifle

I was just musing... not pointing fingers. I hate crossbows and compounds once I learned the joy of the recurve. But i still barely can use a compound and use a crossbow a lot due to issues... Don't much care what others think either.

The guns firing arrows have been around for a LONG time.

NOt saying they should be put in archery but just musing how far archery has come.

Elitists would say my recurve isn't traditional either.....

I don't think this is an extension of how far archery has come because it has nothing to do with archery.

I'm not a crossbow fan but a crossbow DOES have a bow string and limbs as do a recurve, longbow and compound. This air rifle has neither, so it is not archery.

If we get some arrows to fly from a mortar tube, is that "archery"?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I travel and hunt by air way to much to pack around a high pressure tank. Those folks that hunt from home on on there own property would be all set with his stated 8 full power shots. Night pig hunting over a feeder would be amazingly fun and functional with this!

I'm sure you can use a pump- just like the pre-charged air rifles use in lieu of the HP tank. Might take a while to pump up.

Ed Brown made some type of rifle arrow shooter if I recall or maybe it was Brown Precision. Used a charge to shoot an arrow out of a barrel?? Saw them at SHOT one year.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by pointer
One press release I read stated that it comes with 3 "full sized" 375gr arrows. Did not mention if that was with a broadhead.

http://howldb.com/p/05t3pm

The broadhead:

Rage Krossbow Kore

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Seems like an air powered harpoon gun. Might as well launch them with a 12ga blank and be done with it.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

This is what Crossman is pushing

Based on the Pioneer’s powerplant, we believe it is legal for use in those
seasons in which Air Powered Guns are eligible.
Based on the projectile, comparable performance, range, and superior
safety aspects, we also believe the Pioneer is a suitable alternative for
archery hunters. The language used to define Archery focuses on
minimum force and cutting diameters, both of which this product meets.
We welcome opportunities to work with legislators, wildlife officials and
consumers to secure its approval for use during crossbow and general
archery hunting seasons.

Hands-on demonstrations can be arranged upon request

If you believe there’s room in the woods for something that moves an arrow at 450 FPS, that shoots straighter and is more accurate but isn’t driven by a string, and is safer and easier to operate, then please contact your legislators and wildlife officials. Tell them you want to use the Pioneer Airbow in a crossbow or archery season. Download this informational packet and get it into their hands by email, snail mail or personal delivery. With your help, we can introduce more people to hunting with airguns and with the Airbow, we can bring back those who may have left it.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They'll sell a bunch of them in states that will allow them as they are in the price range of new, higher end bows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TAG!

Molan Labe
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I see one good use for this ....killing walking dead zombies

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

This is what Crossman is pushing

Based on the Pioneer’s powerplant, we believe it is legal for use in those
seasons in which Air Powered Guns are eligible.
Based on the projectile, comparable performance, range, and superior
safety aspects, we also believe the Pioneer is a suitable alternative for
archery hunters. The language used to define Archery focuses on
minimum force and cutting diameters, both of which this product meets.
We welcome opportunities to work with legislators, wildlife officials and
consumers to secure its approval for use during crossbow and general
archery hunting seasons.

Hands-on demonstrations can be arranged upon request

If you believe there’s room in the woods for something that moves an arrow at 450 FPS, that shoots straighter and is more accurate but isn’t driven by a string, and is safer and easier to operate, then please contact your legislators and wildlife officials. Tell them you want to use the Pioneer Airbow in a crossbow or archery season. Download this informational packet and get it into their hands by email, snail mail or personal delivery. With your help, we can introduce more people to hunting with airguns and with the Airbow, we can bring back those who may have left it.

Bunch of crap. Totally. But then if it were allowed for handicap issues, I'd have zero issue with that. I"ve a soft spot for folks that can't do what we normally can.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
Seems like an air powered harpoon gun. Might as well launch them with a 12ga blank and be done with it.

Thats been done back in the 70s around here for grins.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The people replying that it is the same as or might as well as use a firearm cartridge obviously don't get it.

It's a cool invention. It is an air arrow gun. Crossman is in the air gun business. Why would they start using 12 ga. shells?

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bunch of crap. Totally. But then if it were allowed for handicap issues, I'd have zero issue with that. I"ve a soft spot for folks that can't do what we normally can.
Agreed

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MarlinMark
The people replying that it is the same as or might as well as use a firearm cartridge obviously don't get it.

It's a cool invention. It is an air arrow gun. Crossman is in the air gun business. Why would they start using 12 ga. shells?

No one said that... just musing it could be done, and actually has been done.... I've seen a lot done over the years... shooting deer with a dove load where you cut the shell and tape it back together and it acts like a slug... take most powder out of a shell and put the wad back in and seat an arrow down in the wad adn shoot...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.