24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 48 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 47 48
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been sick all week, but I felt good enough today to try a ride. Got on my bike, hit the first climb, which is about 3 miles long and fairly easy, a good warmup, and my legs had some real pop in them. The horse was willing! My poor sore lungs felt like they were opening up too, so even though I'd set out to do an easy ride I instead turned up Butler and did my hard climb route. Actually felt darn good, for a 50 year old sick man. There's one hill that's a cruel one, very long and very steep. I call it Nasty Wench. She got my attention for sure but I lived to ride another day.

27 miles, I didn't look at what Strava says for calories burned.

Love cycling, especially climbs, especially hard climbs. It's so ridiculously aerobic it's like a trance state or something <g>.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Much to be learned in a gym beyond exercise.

Sure. You can learn what "perving" is.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Then, then there are the real heroes. Those who come stumbling in suffering the after effects of strokes, accident or some other disability and they struggle to do the best they can.

Unlike battue and smokepole, whose excellent conditioning allows them freedom in their focus while exercising, I'm usually breathing too hard and having to focus on my lifts too much to oggle or perv. I do however, take notice when someone like battue mentioned comes in.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The mirror in the free weights section makes perving a breeze. You can look at the girls without looking at the girls. Until they catch you ogling them. wink

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Much to be learned in a gym beyond exercise.

Sure. You can learn what "perving" is.

Man doesn't need to learn how to perv. I suspect cavemen did it. Maybe even Apes. It's in the DNA of man, although some try to deny it these days. Most of the gals don't mind it all that much either and you are not fooling them by trying to hide it. Actually a look followed by direct eye contact often bears fruit.Healthy minded women like to be admired for physical beauty.

As long as you don't cross over into pervert it's all good.

Last edited by battue; 04/01/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's crazy talk. The earth is 6,000 years old, fool.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Took the dog out, dogs need exercise too. He's 10, and starting to slow down. But when he gets on pheasants, he goes full speed, tail starts going in a circle and he'll run around like a puppy non-stop for an hour or two. Then he'll come home and mope around like he can hardly walk, until it's time to go chase birds again.

Kind of like Battue at the gym. Except my dog's not a perv.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks, appreciate the compliment. It contains more than a little truth also.

Anyway been fasting for 12 hours. Blood work draw time. Will finish it off with a big breakfast. Thing I hate is sooner than later they are going to find what they are looking for.

Last time there was a fairly hot nurse. I purved on her, but nothing good came of it. Being on the purv and hunting have more than a little in common....

Last edited by battue; 04/02/16.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Took the Dogs on a 2 hour hike on one of the local trails. Couple points of interest.

The Carpenter log house from around 1820. Smoke probably was born in something similar.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back in about a mile. This was a real workout cutting their way thru virgin forest.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did a brisk 20 miles (on bikes) with a buddy. We knew the loop was short, so we tried to push the pace. One big climb did get me to my aerobic happy place <g>...

Pretty much impossible to get off a bike unhappy... did take an EPIC bug strike to the sunglasses on a 35 mph descent. I find fresh spring bugs to be the juiciest.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Front squats 3 sets of 10: 185
Deadlifts 3 sets of 8: 275

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
29.6 miles o' hills on the bike.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bike intervals: 30minutes

Back/Legs evolution: 60minutes.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did lower body/abs today, goblet squats, hack press, hamstring curls, glute kickbacks, calf raises, and a couple balance drills on the bosu ball. Had gained a little, back down to 198. Can't wait for September.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Incline press 125#-300#

Leg press 390# x 100, sets of 10
Calf raises 390# x100, sets of 10

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Elliptical: 30minutes
Rower: 30minutes

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
40.4 miles on a bike. Fairly difficult ride. Lot of relentless climbing. Couple epic descents as well. Hit 44 mph on one. That's awfully fast to be going in goofy clothing.

Did some "deep core exercises" getting the chicken coop, built onto an old utility trailer, un-stuck and turned around so I could hook it to the truck. The rural lifestyle has a lot of that kind of stuff, for better or worse. I try to be smart about it.

I've been building the suite of fixtures and tooling to make a certain product out in my shop... a lot of time basically standing on concrete. Anti-fatigue mats or not, that will make an old man out of you. The bike really unlocks my body post-concrete.

Keep fighting the good fight fellas!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
44 mph on a bicycle! I believe that would scare me.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
40.4 miles on a bike. Fairly difficult ride. Lot of relentless climbing. Couple epic descents as well. Hit 44 mph on one. That's awfully fast to be going in goofy clothing.

Did some "deep core exercises" getting the chicken coop, built onto an old utility trailer, un-stuck and turned around so I could hook it to the truck. The rural lifestyle has a lot of that kind of stuff, for better or worse. I try to be smart about it.

I've been building the suite of fixtures and tooling to make a certain product out in my shop... a lot of time basically standing on concrete. Anti-fatigue mats or not, that will make an old man out of you. The bike really unlocks my body post-concrete.

Keep fighting the good fight fellas!

If you are normally or formerly a desk jockey and worry about injury doing rural things, then you need to buy a barbell and about 300 lbs of weights, build yourself a squat rack, and read Starting Strength by Rippetoe.

as for me...

Squats 3 sets of 8 with 275
Cleans 3 sets of 6 with 185

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Moose, you work up to it. I've done a few centuries (100 miles) and my normal rides are ~ 30 miles, so 40 isn't a big deal. However, it's a hard route we took. I finish a ride exhilarated and that feeling carries into the next day, but I was definitely a bit whipped last night.

Cycling is an incredible low-impact cardio workout guys. Best thing I discovered in middle life by a long shot... Super fun. Out in the clean air, seeing sights, covering ground, hauling ass. The "kit" for it is admittedly goofy as it gets.

Vek, I'm not a desk jockey, I've done the rural thing for 25 years. I should start adding some of the "stuff" that I do to my exercise reports. Gets pretty physical out in the sticks quite often. smile Anyway, it doesn't leave me feeling like I need to be lifting heavy things for sport.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 16 of 48 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
768 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 87 invisible), 2,849 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,046
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.