Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#10838759 01/05/16
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Just ordered the barrel for my Big .33 build. Brake is a potential lead time item so that's next. Advice? I'd say Holland, Vais, and DE are my leading candidates and if I ordered it this second, it'd be DE. But interested in any experience-based opinions. Thanks.

It MUST do great from prone. No dust storms allowed.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Terminator 3. Backward slanted ports except the one nearest the muzzle. Excellent for prone since there are no ports in the bottom. Muzzle is .930" on mine.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Mine is the DE and I am very happy with it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somewhere on the 'net there is a comparison with a slide. There was as much as 100% difference from the worst to the best. I don't remember where, but after watching the video I purchased the Terminator 3 for my "big" gun and a Terminator 2 for my smaller one.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's an interesting one. Top pic is the DE:

[Linked Image]

Bottom pic is an Elk Meadow Performance unit. Design seems very similar though the EMP does have a small port at TDC. The EMP is titanium........

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really like the EMP, it works great and Steve is an awesome gunsmith easy to deal with titanium is a bonus

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff,

Take a look at the muzzle brake evaluation from Precision Rifle Blog. This the most scientific test I have seen to date:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/category/rifles/suppressors-and-muzzle-brakes/

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Social conservatives have been pushing an agenda of god in the schools, courthouses, etc. I cannot abide by that. It degrades BOTH the concepts of God, and of State.

By the way, I have my own spiritual beliefs which I am not interested in sharing around here. WAY too much childish behavior around here for that. Not blaming any if the posters on this thread, but if I " go there", I'll never hear the end of it.

You guys are comical in your fear of Obama. He's not gonna go after your guns.
The Dems have learned their lesson on that one. But after 8 years of ineptitude from GWB, and with an old, tired McCain and a freaky Palin as the ONLY alternative... Well... Call me all the names you want, but *I* voted for the better overall ticket, period. If the repub's had fielded a decent ticket, or if we HAD MORE REAL CHOICES, (aaargh!!) it would be different.

Right now, if McCain was prez, he'd be acting like a deer in the headlights, blustering, alienating congress, and pushing a "stimulus package" very similar in substance to the crap Obama is pushing.

Face it. We had two bad choices. Obama was the better one, and not by a little bit!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I really like the EMP, it works great and Steve is an awesome gunsmith easy to deal with titanium is a bonus

Thanks, nice to hear from someone using one. I've never machined Ti so it'd be a learning experience bringing it to barrel OD and taper with a nice surface finish. I'd be leaning on Steve for some info there for sure.

One thing I've wondered, since noticing the EMP, is whether reducing weight out at the muzzle is even desirable! For carry, yeah... but for you brake users, are some extra ounces out at the muzzle actually a benefit when it comes to stability with staying on target? Or does the brake itself render that moot?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, have you ever considered shooting a rifle? I mean REALLY considered it? I think you should give it some thought.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Higbean, one of these days I will indeed get around to actually firing a rifle.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Center shot rifles blast tamer brake. Effective and no concussion to the shooter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jowens,

Center shot rifles blast tamer brake. Effective and no concussion to the shooter.

Can you elaborate on what you are saying? Are you talking about a brand or something else?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Higbean, one of these days I will indeed get around to actually firing a rifle.

Had to LOL.

Good job Jeff.

Yank a trigger for me when you get the chance. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
jowens,

Can you elaborate on what you are saying? Are you talking about a brand or something else?

Yes, a brand. Center Shot Rifles is the brand. The name of the brake is a Blast Tamer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks.

Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just ordered the barrel for my Big .33 build. Brake is a potential lead time item so that's next. Advice? I'd say Holland, Vais, and DE are my leading candidates and if I ordered it this second, it'd be DE. But interested in any experience-based opinions. Thanks.

It MUST do great from prone. No dust storms allowed.

Does this mean you've decided on the bullet you want to shoot and the case you want to shoot it out of?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I traded for an Ed Brown Damara a number of years ago. It's a .300 Win Mag. I saw a piece by Ed, stating that light barrels, particularly, seem to shoot better with a brake. Thus, all his LW magnums, such as the Damara, were supplied with a brake. Unfortunately, Ed shut down his rifle line to focus on pistols.

Not a discussion on what type brake, just thoughts about brake or no brake. The Damara doesn't shoot as well without the brake, so it stays, although I basically don't like brakes.

DF

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,060
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.