Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
As of Dec. 18th this is a done deal. All of my trophy application TAGS services will now be in the hands of Worldwide Trophy Adventures (WTA).

Ever heard of them? Anyone use these folks for tag applications?

John.

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This just adds to the Bass Pro acquisition of Cabelas rumor...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek

No, this is a FACT. They sold it and I know this to be true because I called them about it.

Now, the question is for those thousands of people who use Cabelas TAGS etc. they now need to use Worldwide Trophy Adventures- Who has ever heard of these guys?

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek

No, this is a FACT. They sold it and I know this to be true because I called them about it.

Now, the question is for those thousands of people who use Cabelas TAGS etc. they now need to use Worldwide Trophy Adventures- Who has ever heard of these guys?

You misunderstood what Lee wrote. Another indicator might have been Cabelas selling their real estate wing to Sports Afield some time ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Thank you EdM; you're right. My bad. Yes, it shows that they're selling off all of their non-core assets to (re)focus on the retail operations.

Really interesting...

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Sooooo World Wide Trophy Adventures isn't Blair's is it?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sooooo World Wide Trophy Adventures isn't Blair's is it?

Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures and Trophy Application Guide Service are getting a new owner. In a Cabela’s communication Friday, CEO Tommy Millner announced that Mark Peterson of Worldwide Trophy Adventures is acquiring the travel-related business. This was not unexpected, as Cabela’s announced earlier this year it was seeking a strategic partner to purchase the business.

According to Millner’s announcement, as the businesses ownership transitions to Peterson, WTA will maintain an office in Sidney, and all OA and T.A.G.S. employees will either stay with Cabela’s or be offered a job with WTA.

Millner also said that under the agreement, customers of the travel and guide services will receive the same perks as when it was a Cabela’s owned business, including using and earning Cabela’s Club points and redeeming gift cards. Millner said Cabela’s executive leadership team is “confident that it will be a smooth transition for our valued customers and, most importantly, the Outfitters that make OA and T.A.G.S. an industry leader.”

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Find it ironic that I received by TAGS/Adventures catalog yesterday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer
Find it ironic that I received by TAGS/Adventures catalog yesterday.

I did, too. And I've never expressed any interest in T.A.G.S. Nor am I a great customer of Cabelas.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 1,958 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.