Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by forpest
Sam

You are in Alberta? Send some of that cold down here. Still waiting for a call that we can get onto Lake Winnipeg. People are getting out, but the ice there is really variable too.

Fred

Hey Fred,

Sorry, I replied but it didn't upload I guess. I was fishing northern Sask, but here in Alberta the ice is thinner. We are having a cold snap now, so I suspect we are probably building ice now. There has been limited snow cover so the ice we have is nice and black. Southern parts of the province are still sitting at 8-10" from what I hear.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
My oldest boy has been fishing lake of the woods with his girlfriend. Taking atv and portable house.

these are his photos I stole off facebook.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Meanwhile my wife and I took our youngest boy out to a smaller lake to try some dark house spearing. Neither Joey or Pam had ever thrown the spear before. We only had one opportunity and Joey had the spear at the moment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The ice is really late this year but we are managing to get out on it a little now.

cool pics!

been quite a few years since i ice fished in the mid west. used to carry two screw drivers attached with a ft foot piece of string over my back in case i fell threw during early ice or would scoot the grumman canoe out on the ice with one foot in the canoe and one on the ice.nlol

young and dumb. used to see quite a few trucks go through the ice every year.

forpest Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sam

Looks like those folks in northern Canada are finally sharing some of their cold air. We are about to get below 0(our degrees) for the first time. . That should make us some safe ice. Hope it works in your country too! Unless you are using a hand auger😬

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,822
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.