Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I've never been to Europe, but someday hope to see the Schwartzwald, the Caucasus mountains, and the Welsh countryside from whence my ancestors came. I don't post opinions or meddle in foreign affairs as a general rule because I don't like to others do the same here. I'm not saying or inferring anything, just asking for perspective.

That being said, I am curious and am hoping some of my fellow members back in the old countries can offer up their own local perspectives. I read about the influx of immigrants, and the resultant crime, along with the shift of demographics and wonder what the local sentiment is. I'd think it's a given that what makes print here doesn't cover all the activity there, good and bad, and I am curious as to the ground truth. With the gang rapes, as an example, is there no local movement to handle it? I know how things would be handled here, and am wondering if there is more that is not getting reported?

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow. Do you really see Europe so scary through your local medias ?

The Paris attacks were terrible and daesh's terrorists are still a problem, but I see nothing else very bad around here and the average violence level in big cities is probably lower than what you can see in big American cities.

I don't think Wales nor the black forest are dangerous countries.

Va t'in tch�re !
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks, for the reply. Not that they are scary places necessarily, but that your burgeoning muslim minority populations are getting out of hand at a scary pace. At least that's the reporting I've seen. If that's not the case I'm glad to hear it.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What you report as being reported,is not what we see here either. I live with my family just outside Berlin.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

R
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Thanks, for the reply. Not that they are scary places necessarily, but that your burgeoning muslim minority populations are getting out of hand at a scary pace. At least that's the reporting I've seen. If that's not the case I'm glad to hear it.

Unfortunately this is the case at least in France...

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Interesting, thank you gentlemen.

MAGA
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Gruff, I cannot speak about Europe for I have never traveled there.. But made two trips to So. Africa about the time Mandela took over.. What I saw there and what the American news media reported the conditions were was surprising.. Conditions between the various groups were NOT at all what the American press described.. It just reinforced what I have felt about the press since I was fifteen.. They lie, the distort the facts, they paint the picture as THEY want it to be scene.

If you have an interest in these places, you are going about it in the right way.. Check with folks who have been there or are living there.. The American press is the least likely place you will find any truth..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by REY375
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Unfortunately this is the case at least in France...

Remember that the muslim population in France, like most places, is almost entirely urban. Having spent time in rural France I found it as welcoming as any rural place in America. I would feel perfectly safe traveling there. Paris? Not really but if you put see Paris it's also a pretty low percent that you'll be targeted.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.