Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Gents,

Those who make the choices, are having a meeting about the future introduction of possibly 2 subspecies of wolves in Colorado, on Jan 13-14.

This is pressure, emails, petitions and politics from OUTSIDE Colorado moving this forward.

Help us out, send an email stating you choose option 2, NO introduction/re-introduction of any wolf species in CO to:

dnr_cpwcommissionstate.co.us

We all saw what happened in ID, MT and WY, and the increasing problems everywhere else. Lets make our voices heard this time!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Link? Thanks.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

Last edited by MileHighShooter; 01/11/16.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
GGRRrrrrr! The bastards just can't leave things alone.

I bet that a wolf and a coyote look the same thru a rifle scope... mad

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Email sent to them

Be careful what you ask for because you just may get it someday.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
CO will have all the wolves they need all too soon. ID has nicely seeded WA, OR and other states. The Yellowstone pack hasn't exactly stayed put. They're prolific and mobile.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wolves have likely already reintroduced themselves.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hate to break the news to you but you already have them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been told by someone who should know that wolf scat has been collected in Brown's Park. Identified by DNA, not "expert" eyeballing.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S.S.S

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
You guys realize there is a big difference between some wolves moving in (that hopefully get the SSS treatment) and entire PACKS being introduced at the same time, in several places, right? Those will be more acknowledged wolves ON TOP of the "incidental" wolves that moved in.

Either way, as it stands they voted, narrowly, on action 2, to not introduce them. Still can happen by legislature.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sent this morning.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I would use caution on the SSS treatment. Some of them dogs have hidden tracking devices.

We now have a pack in our elk area and the USFWS was up to some shady sheit tracking them during our hunting season.

Last edited by wyoelk; 01/14/16.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Gents,

Those who make the choices, are having a meeting about the future introduction of possibly 2 subspecies of wolves in Colorado, on Jan 13-14.

This is pressure, emails, petitions and politics from OUTSIDE Colorado moving this forward.

Help us out, send an email stating you choose option 2, NO introduction/re-introduction of any wolf species in CO to:

dnr_cpwcommissionstate.co.us

We all saw what happened in ID, MT and WY, and the increasing problems everywhere else. Lets make our voices heard this time!

There are real world choices:

Fist Choice; don't allow Colorado to introduce wolves, then have a breeding pair show up in Colorado, which will automatically be classified as endangered or threatened, have the Feds take over management of wolves and everything that will go with it.

Second Choice; allow Colorado to introduce wolves under our own management plan, keeping the Feds out of it, and having virtually full control over how wolves are managed.

First choice is quite possible, and as time goes on increasingly likely.

Second choice is the method Colorado used to head off Federal listing and retain complete management control of another large predator currently residing in Colorado.

Do you know what that predator is?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lynx.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
Lynx.

Bingo--and it saved everybody a whole lot of headaches. The USFWS was so thrilled for Colorado to take that particular headache off their hands they GAVE Colorado $250k to help defray the costs of reintroduction.

Granted, wolf restoration would not be so simple as lynx......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I live not far from the Colo. line in air miles.. One of the gals that lives up the creek that I often hunt coyotes on said they have seen a black one up there.. She kind of blew it off to begin with, but she and her family have spotted it..

Molon Labe
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by wyoelk
I would use caution on the SSS treatment. Some of them dogs have hidden tracking devices.

We now have a pack in our elk area and the USFWS was up to some shady sheit tracking them during our hunting season.

this is an urban legend. I've collared a fair number of wolves, and there is no such device. Only collars and GPS collars that give off the location,usually in12 hour intervals. Wolves can have pit tags put I them, but those have to be scanned from about a foot away, with something like a grocery scanner. They give the age, date, and location of the capture. No magic voodoo devices.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by wyoelk

this is an urban legend.

I call BS. How can you have an urban legend in Wyoming?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Rural legend??? Old wives tale? Ghost story? Ha!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.