Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What don't you like? Would you buy it again? Did you consider a G42?

Looking at one for a possible purchase for my wife (if she likes it).

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish that Glock had rounded the front of the trigger guard instead of putting the ringer rest on it. That "feature" is pretty much useless to most people on all Glocks, but it is more annoying on a pocket pistol. Other than that, it is great, and my wife likes it, too.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is exactly what swayed me away from it. After pocketing it and then the LC9S Pro it was a pretty easy decision for me. The Ruger with all its rolled edges and tapered slide it just carried better. In a woman's purse that might not be a problem though.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i love mine both of them. we have a 42 and 43.

my only complaints:

the slick grip

the trigger

fixed both

ghost trigger and robar

[Linked Image]

FJB
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like that grip.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a 42 and a 43, I like both of them, if I were to sell one it would be the 42 its a little big for a .380. The 43 is a nice gun and surprises me with its accuracy for such a small gun.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if that square guard can be rounded off and sanded smooth? Can a 43 be ordered with night sights or is that strictly after market.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as I know, Glock no longer offers night sights from the factory; strictly aftermarket.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 4ager
As far as I know, Glock no longer offers night sights from the factory; strictly aftermarket.

When did they start this?

I got my 43 in May with factory night sites.

Dink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 4ager

I think it might be a distributor thing. IE, Davidson's or RSR orders a boatload of them.

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I wonder if that square guard can be rounded off and sanded smooth? Can a 43 be ordered with night sights or is that strictly after market.

It is a fairly soft polymer and quickly succumbs to files and sandpaper. Depending on the final finish a 600 grit should blend things pretty well.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A lifelong friend of mine who is retired military and law enforcement is now a firearms instructor. After handling his 43 over the weekend, I picked mine up today at another buddy's local shop.

I'm going to set it up just like my pal did his, with the Crimson Trace Green Laserguard, the Taran Tactical +2 magazine base pad and a Sticky Holster.

My S&W Airweights are jealous already...

Share some details with me on the ghost trigger and robar please rockchucker.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
what I like best about my 43, is it shoots like a big gun and hides like a little gun

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never been a big Glock fan, but this G43 has completely won me over. I've run the snot out of mine through all sorts of courses and drills, and so far, it has proven itself extremely reliable.

As for issues, sights, grip, and mag base needed attention:

I am currently running HDs (orange), and am most pleased. We run a timed steel combat course for duty pistols, which I stretched out to 30 yards for the longest shots, and I was cleaning the course with very fast times testing those sights on my little 43. Good light to poor light, they worked well.

I do not care for hard stippling or skateboard texture on this type of pistol, as I've ruined too many shirts and jacket linings over the decades. What I now prefer are the rubber textured Talons. From Sunday church to sweaty/dirty use of force training day, they work.

Do not really care if I add rounds, but I do like the pinkie hook I gain from the Pierce + 1. I get an excellent "big gun" 2-handed straight thumbs grip with these, and they make hooking and indexing my grip when drawing out my pocket holster much easier.

The trigger guard thing noted above, I do not see. You never stick a bare 43 in a pocket, unless you care to shoot yourself. Trigger and guard are always covered by a proper pocket holster,if soft, prior to going into the pocket. It would require a hard shaped holster that prevents the trigger guard and trigger from dragging the pocket opening to be safe, which defeats the purpose, in my opinion. I use an iwb hoster for that purpose, but for pocket carry, they are designed for the pistol to be drawn quickly, not reholstered quickly. I like the DeSantis and have seen zero problems with the square guard.

Outside of this, I highly recommend the Speer Gold Dot short barrel +p 124gr for reliable performance with the reduced velocities of this pistol.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for all the input.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sakoluvr: I picked one up at a bargain price from one of my OCD gun buddies - he literally buys guns he doesn't really need or wants but if they are the "latest thing" he jumps on them and nearly as quickly tires of them and sells them.
Anyway I have the Model 43 now and enjoy its size and design.
It has been shot less than 50 times so far by both owners and no function issues to date and was not in need of any sight adjustment at all.
I may either trade it off for a Varmint Rifle or keep it and familiarize the VarmintWife with its use.
Her Smith & Wesson Model 60 is just to minty and valuable to leave with her anymore.
The Model 43's sure seem to be popular and the gunshops I frequent most often, sell quickly the few Model 43's they get in.
By the way one of my favorite gunshops has been selling handguns (of all types) like hotcakes for the past month!
I say it would be a fine choice for your wife.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I may either trade it off for a Varmint Rifle or keep it and familiarize the VarmintWife with its use.
Her Smith & Wesson Model 60 is just to minty and valuable to leave with her anymore.

Seriously? Your wife isn't worth a minty model 60?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Have had both since they first became available. Wife shot both and choose the 42 for everyday carry. She already has a Glock 23 for home/field use.

I'm trying out the 43 for now. Grip fits my hand better than the Glock 26 I was carrying.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
What don't you like? Would you buy it again? Did you consider a G42?

Looking at one for a possible purchase for my wife (if she likes it).

I have had the pleasure of owning a G42 for a year now, and a G43 for about 4 or 5 months.

I like them both, to tell the truth. The G42 is softer to shoot. Empties seem to roll out of the ejection port and over my knuckles. Accuracy is very good. It has earned a place here at my house.

I like the G43 as well. While a touch larger than the G42, the G43 competes with the Smith and Wesson Shield, Ruger LC9s, Springfield XDs 9mm, and I suppose the Kel Tec PF9.

Very easy to carry, IWB is no problem. I have been carrying it in an ankle holster for the last couple or three months and can say that it is far more comfortable and concealable than the G27 in that role.

In terms of accuracy, the G43 shoots as well as my G42 and G19. If loaded with +p ammo, it does get a little lively, but in the backup gun role, or for off duty carry, I am more than happy with the setup.

Oh, most of all, reliability in my pistol has been flawless. I estimate 600-800 rounds through it at this point, various ball and JHP combinations. No problems of any kind.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought the Glock 42 and my Wife liked it so well I bought her one also.

Then the 43 came out, and I traded up.

I seem to be able to "hit" just as well with the 43 as the 42 and the 43 has more power.

As mentioned, it carry's like a small Pistol and shoots like a big Pistol.

I've probably got 300 rounds through my 43. It's running GREAT!

Would I buy another? YES, in a heartbeat!

Virgil B.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 72 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.