Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image] [img:center]

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I'm very happy with it. Tomorrow I take it to the skeet field. I did the transfer thru a local Gander Mountain and when I went to pick it up the kid behind the counter comes out with it all put together and holding it very casually. I asked, "where's the box." He said oh, it just came in a plain box (they do that on purpose so no UPS guy knows what's in the box) with lots of bubble wrap." As he is holding it he looks at the stock and says, "Is this real wood." I said, "Yeah that's exhibition grade black walnut." He asked "What did ya pay for it?" When I told him his eyes bugged out a bit and I said. "I'd really appreciated it if you would please re-pack it in the box and to please be careful with it." When I got it home and unpacked it, it was thankfully in good shape. So, I will have the honor of putting the first ding in the stock.

ps The balance point is right at the hinge, barrels 30" and weight at 6 1/2 lbs.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/21/16.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Beautiful! Enjoy.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Kid should have taken one look at it and had the common sense not to be fooling around putting it together.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
How many young people today have much sense at all, especially when it comes to guns? This guy knew next to nothing about guns. Thankfully he managed to put it together without buggering it up. Gander Mountain does employ "gunsmiths" so maybe there was someone back there that had a clue put it together.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Can't ever remember picking up a gun from an incoming store that was out of the box. They have always handed me the box to open it on my own. Any problems we both are aware of it right there and it was obvious they had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by battue; 01/21/16.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Yeah, but to make matters worse, when you pick up a gun you've ordered, until you've exchanged $ the gun belongs to the store. If they open it and drop and damage it, it's theirs. But in this case, the gun was mine, bought and paid for. The store had nothing to do with it other than to do the background check and transfer. Had they dropped it and damaged it, it would have been my property they were damaging and I would have been stuck with it. Who knows if they would have paid for any repairs or maybe I would have had to sue them. From my talk with CSMC I think they would have repaired any damage, but what a PITA that would be. I won't be using them for any future transfers.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm referring to guns they are only doing the transfer. Same as your situation. They mess it up in the back, they have the opportunity to put it back in shippers box, seal it up and no one knows the truth of it. Leave it in the box, open it in front of the person they are filling out the paperwork for and they have no problems.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was just reading about these, I wish I could handle one. Like battue said the P gun is a more proven rig but these are bad to the bone and the lumber on the one you got is killer. Is that upgraded wood?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Yes it is. They had it graded as exhibition black walnut. I didn't order this but bought it off the rack at their showroom. It was the only one they had that had the 30" barrels. I would have liked the feathercrotch to go all the way back to the recoil pad, but it was nice enough and I didn't want to wait and place an order and hope the wood would be a little bit better. You should have seen some of the wood on the guns they had lying around over the place. For me, it was like it is for someone walking into the Playboy mansion. I was overwhelmed.

No doubt the Perazzi is a more proven high volume gun, but I have no plans to put a high volume of rounds thru it. A couple boxes a week will be about it. The Perazzi would be about 2X the cost of this. In their new catalog it states CSMC will be coming out with a dedicated clays gun with a stainless receiver and some nice features. They didn't indicate a price though.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/21/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish my 16 gauge Citori had 30's, that makes for such a nice all-arounder over 28's

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
C57,

That's a beauty. Thank goodness they didn't bang it up. Every transfer I can remember doing the FFL opened the boxes and logged the gun into their book, before even calling me. Most Dealers aren't accustomed to handling fine firearms. I had one throw the outer box from a Cooper into their burn barrel. I've always wanted to go down to CSMC. I've been to Robin Hollow a few times.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I would encourage you to visit their showroom. They love to chat and had one older guy who is a volunteer, who just loves to talk about fine guns. They had several rooms just filled with fine doubles (new and used), Jim Carmichael's gun collection, all beautifully furnished and appointed. If you are ordering a shotgun, they will take you to their wood room where you can pick out your own blanks. It's just a great experience.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You will love your M-21. I have an Inverness in my safe, and a buddy has a M-21 similar to yours. They feel nearly identicle when you shoulder them. I've shoulder P guns, and they are nice, but I much prefer the fit of the Inverness/M-21. My go to meat gun is a Beretta 686 White Onyx, and I can tell you that as much as I love my 686; it feels like a tank compared to the Inverness. The Inverness is styled after the RA Best quality guns built by McKay Brown such sell for about $50k+!

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I've been shooting skeet with it and I've been enjoying it. No issues. It does handle very well. I haven't gone straight with it yet but did shoot a 24. It fits me well.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Went straight with it this week at skeet and followed it up with a 24 (missed 6 low) for a 49/50. We're getting to know each other pretty well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 75 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.