Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Thanks for the accolades guys. Yes the rifles are very expensive but they do cost a lot to make and take many hours to finish. They all shoot. With handloads .25" is quite realistic, especially with 300 win mags. You dont need to be a mental giant to see why NATO use it as a sniping round. The last rifle that was delivered was a 7mm mag and it shot half inch groups with 2 different lots of factory ammo with the first shots ever fired. It was then sent to the customer. I will get the web site revised soon and add a bunch of photos of new rifles that aren't posted yet. There are some exquisite pieces that have to new owners. We have started production of a bolt action rifle which will be available in the the new month or two. It will be very similar in outline. a light weight English styled stalking rifle......

If you want good quality hay then expect to pay a fair price, if you want to buy hay that has already been thru the horse, well that comes a little cheaper.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
One of the most beautiful Rifles I've ever seen,WOW...And that WOOD!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I agree ScottyO, beautiful work and outstanding in every respect. Well done, Sir, on a magnificent work of art that is functional as well as appealing.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I prefer the old 7x57 he sold for seven grand, the man has always had a good eye and serious taste in fire-arms.

Added;

Good God, I just reread my post and it appears very ungracious, and as such it behoves me to correct that.

The firearms depicted are very nice and very desirable, and should I ever be in the position to purchase one I shall do so at the drop of a hat.

But I would skin the pope for a chance to own Allison's old 7x57.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sirrocco
Thanks for the accolades guys. Yes the rifles are very expensive but they do cost a lot to make and take many hours to finish. They all shoot. With handloads .25" is quite realistic, especially with 300 win mags. You dont need to be a mental giant to see why NATO use it as a sniping round. The last rifle that was delivered was a 7mm mag and it shot half inch groups with 2 different lots of factory ammo with the first shots ever fired. It was then sent to the customer. I will get the web site revised soon and add a bunch of photos of new rifles that aren't posted yet. There are some exquisite pieces that have to new owners. We have started production of a bolt action rifle which will be available in the the new month or two. It will be very similar in outline. a light weight English styled stalking rifle......

If your bolt rifle is as good as your single shot then you will have the two best rifles in production without a doubt. I know that if I won lotto I would have one in a heartbeat. Looking forward to seeing your bolt rifle and periodically drool over your website.

Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
WOW! The metalwork, style, wood quality, finish quality, and overall workmanship of those rifles are absolutely sublime! I'm a falling block fanatic, and I don't think I've ever seen sexier falling blocks than those! Beautiful! I'm envious!

Ted
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Quote Dick Wright:
First, you have to be able to tell the difference. I honestly think most people don't recognize art of you hit them in the face with it. They just can't tell the difference.

Secondly, if you do recognize art, it has to mean something to you. You have to care about it enough to be willing to pay for it.

You hit the nail squarely on the head with that Dick.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That is absolutely a gorgeous rifle. Those who would cringe at the cost just don't understand what it takes in material and man hours to create something so elegant and functional.

You can get to the store in a Mercedes or a KIA it just depends on how you want to travel. While I can't afford a Mercedes I can do better than a KIA. Not to dispel your excellent craftsmanship but here are a couple of pics of a recently completed project using the Ruger #1 as a platform. Caliber is 7MM-08 with a McGowen 24 inch tapered octagon barrel. It will cloverleaf 3 140gr Sierra Game Kings at 100 yards.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Your No. 1 is stunning....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GSP, that is one kick ass looking rifle. What a piece of wood. Almost too pretty to shoot. I say almost, because I have yet to meet one too pretty to shoot or hunt for that matter.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks for the positive comments. I took a deer with it last fall and will take it west in October providing I draw tags. Whats really nice is the smith that built it is 10 minutes from me.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Having 7 falling and tilt block SS rifles (3 Westley Richards 19897 patent, an Alex Henry, 2 Martinis and A Winnie low wall) I'm tempted to sell some and get one of Glen's masterpieces. Very, very tempted!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.