Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Who was it said, "Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your brain, rent free,"?

Mathew 22: 37-39

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Who was it said, "Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your brain, rent free,"?

Or like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cra1948

This is true. I don't know whether she said it first, but I think it was Ann Landers. It's certainly not the Christian thing to do

Having reread the thread, I feel that some people are unintentionally feeding the hate has been posted on the Interwebs. I will even go so far as to suggest that some never actually read what Zumbo wrote, or what was written and done after he realised his gaffe. I am not suggesting that you should forget, just do the Christian thing - forgive and move on.

By constantly dredging this up, the anger is fed. Keeping this incident alive is not helping. Let it go. Don't feed the beast. It's counterproductive.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I met Jim Zumbo at a sports show in California, and bought a cookbook from him, to give to a friend's wife. That was a few years before the gaffe.

For myself, for years I didn't care for military style rifles. I finally bought an AR when Kerry was surging in the polls. Now I have several of them.

<shrug>

this year:

[Linked Image]

last year:

[Linked Image]

pretty eclectic tastes, and don't plan to change.

AR's can be pretty accurate (note these are 10 shot groups)

[Linked Image]

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I will even go so far as to suggest that some never actually read what Zumbo wrote, or what was written and done after he realised his gaffe.

I read what he wrote, the day he posted it, and followed the firestorm which followed as people started replying on his blog.

Given that similar statements from people identifying as shooters were trotted out in support of bans on semiautomatic firearms here in Oz. I had no sympathy for him. He stepped on his own dick, but in doing so betrayed his fellows.

Until this thread I had largely forgotten him. If he's worked to mitigate the damage that is no more than should be expected, but better than some others have done.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Jim Zumbo should get as much credit as Bill Clinton and Barack Obama when it comes to increasing the number of gun owners in America.

They all help us........

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunted elk in southern Co. with guys who guied him on the same ranch I was on.

They were not impressed with ole Jim.

I believe the terms, dumb phfuck and dueshbag were associated with him....

That and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Just saying....

We did laugh our azzes off at the stories they were telling about him.

Tony

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

By constantly dredging this up, the anger is fed. Keeping this incident alive is not helping. Let it go. Don't feed the beast. It's counterproductive.

Anger, in certain circumstances, is good. Anger reminds that the enemy is often within our ranks, considered one of us. Anger reminds those who might do similar things of what can happen.

Zumbo and his ilk, many of which reside on this forum, are as much the enemy to our rights as Pelosi or Schumer, and left unattended, are often capable of even more damage.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I frequently open my mouth just so I can change feet.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was never a fan, but he equalled the Nations service rifle with the same vile muslim enemy that we have been forced to fight! Sorry I will not ever buy a book by him or read anything he writes! That is also one of the great things about America, he is free to say anything he wants to and I am free not to listen!

Last edited by gmsemel; 02/03/16.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by shaman
... What if John Barsness wrote a weblog entry that all pink camo hunting rifles needed to be banned by the federal government, that they were only used by women and fairies and he wanted them banned from the hunting woods and obsession outlawed? ...

(emphasis added}

shaman-

In your professional shamanic opinion, is it even theoretically possible that some persons might obsess over pink camo hunting rifles?

How might such obsession be manifested? How might the obsession be recognized by us common non-shamans?

--Bob

Sorry I missed this. I was on the road giving meteorology lectures to the groundhogs. It's a busy time of year for us shamanic types.

Look, if folks can obsess on black rifles, I would think pink rifles would be possible. Frankly I can't stand pink rifles, and if I had my way, pink rifles and the 270 WIN would be barred from the hunting woods. However, that's just my eccentric view of things, and I understand the slippery slope. Therefore I do not openly advocate for it.

I do not feel as strongly about pink rifles as I do the 270 Winchester. However, describing my feelings about 270 WIN may give you some idea. I've been angered by the very sight of the 270 WIN, and it is problem I've been having since I was first left to my own devices in a barbershop when I was 5. In over fifty years, I have never been able to bring myself to fire a round in 270 WIN. I dislike articles written about 270 WIN. I dislike rifles chambered in 270 WIN, even though the same identical rifle in 30-06 may please me to no end. Whenever I read an article or see a picture of somebody's successful hunt, I mentally put an asterisk by it, kind of "yes, but it was taken with (ugh!) a 270 WIN."

As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass.

On the other hand, I have the exact opposite reaction to 35 Whelen. I find the 35 Whelen soothing. Just saying it, "Thirty Five Whelen," makes me feel good. I keep a round of 35 Whelen with a 200 grain Rem Corelokt next to my chair in the cave. When I am feeling stressed, I pick it up and roll it around in my hand and it makes me feel calm and peaceful. It has gotten quite a workout these past few years with Obama, and all. Some of the guilding metal is giving way on one edge of the bullet and there is a hint of the underlying lead peaking through.

Pink rifles do not have nearly the effect on me, but I suppose it would be the same thing. Zumbo's problem is that he let these eccentricities control his life.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man, we are so much closer than I ever realized.. LOL... now if you just had a hatred for Ruger. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well BOTH you and 'shaman' are banned from my 'memory'.

I don't remember ever talking to y'all and can't remember your handles.

OTOH - Zumbo did apologize and CHANGE his positions. I give him more credit than you two bozos.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
... What if John Barsness wrote a weblog entry that all pink camo hunting rifles needed to be banned by the federal government, that they were only used by women and fairies and he wanted them banned from the hunting woods and obsession outlawed? ...

(emphasis added}

shaman-

In your professional shamanic opinion, is it even theoretically possible that some persons might obsess over pink camo hunting rifles?

How might such obsession be manifested? How might the obsession be recognized by us common non-shamans?

--Bob

Sorry I missed this. I was on the road giving meteorology lectures to the groundhogs. It's a busy time of year for us shamanic types.

Look, if folks can obsess on black rifles, I would think pink rifles would be possible. Frankly I can't stand pink rifles, and if I had my way, pink rifles and the 270 WIN would be barred from the hunting woods. However, that's just my eccentric view of things, and I understand the slippery slope. Therefore I do not openly advocate for it.

I do not feel as strongly about pink rifles as I do the 270 Winchester. However, describing my feelings about 270 WIN may give you some idea. I've been angered by the very sight of the 270 WIN, and it is problem I've been having since I was first left to my own devices in a barbershop when I was 5. In over fifty years, I have never been able to bring myself to fire a round in 270 WIN. I dislike articles written about 270 WIN. I dislike rifles chambered in 270 WIN, even though the same identical rifle in 30-06 may please me to no end. Whenever I read an article or see a picture of somebody's successful hunt, I mentally put an asterisk by it, kind of "yes, but it was taken with (ugh!) a 270 WIN."

As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass.

On the other hand, I have the exact opposite reaction to 35 Whelen. I find the 35 Whelen soothing. Just saying it, "Thirty Five Whelen," makes me feel good. I keep a round of 35 Whelen with a 200 grain Rem Corelokt next to my chair in the cave. When I am feeling stressed, I pick it up and roll it around in my hand and it makes me feel calm and peaceful. It has gotten quite a workout these past few years with Obama, and all. Some of the guilding metal is giving way on one edge of the bullet and there is a hint of the underlying lead peaking through.

Pink rifles do not have nearly the effect on me, but I suppose it would be the same thing. Zumbo's problem is that he let these eccentricities control his life.

Geesus, get help man, you need it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jwall
Well BOTH you and 'shaman' are banned from my 'memory'.

I don't remember ever talking to y'all and can't remember your handles.

OTOH - Zumbo did apologize and CHANGE his positions. I give him more credit than you two bozos.

Jerry

To help you out, there is an ignore button available. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

(emphasis added}

shaman-

--Bob

Extraordinary insight as usual Shaman. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Bugger
As far as needing a guide, sorta like JOC.

Would you mind sharing your source for this ridiculous claim?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Jack O'connor hunted a lot of areas that require non residents to hire a guide.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pugs

Extraordinary insight as usual Shaman. grin

Many thanks. Now, having said all that, let me remind you what I wrote at the time of the Zumbo incident. . .

. . . no, I mean the other thing I wrote, silly. Besides, I was highly intoxicated at the time. If you remember, I'd burned my hand and had no Ibuprofen at camp, and I'd had to dunk the hand in ice water and kill the pain with scotch. Besides, you all seemed to have fun at the time reading it.

What I was referring to was that was that although I might abhor black rifles in the woods every bit as much as Zumbo, but that I would defend to the death a man's right to keep and bear them. That's true about rifles with pink stocks chambered in 270 Winchester, and in keeping with what I wrote at the time, you can show up at deer camp with one, but I would prefer that you hunt on the next ridge over.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
... As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass. ...

Shaman-
I appreciate your dissertation that my query somehow prompted.

I suspect that as a spiteful response to the 270, a 256 Newton would have exceeded the 270. Based on a slightly modified 30-06 case, Newton's cartridge was introduced about the same time (1913) that the 270's long gestation began. At true 6.5mm cartridge, it's what the 270 wants to be when it grows up and loses 0.013" of baby fat. Admittedly, because one can't buy cartridges for the Newton at the local Mart, it's not quite as practical as the 270.

I'm uncertain what role practicality may play in a shamanesque environment.

--Bob

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
133 members (2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 10Glocks, 12 invisible), 1,806 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.