Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Well known gun writer with his own TV show, until he publicly stated that AR-15s have no legitimate purpose, as I recall the events.

This resulted in his getting bad-mouthed by many hunters and shooters, amounting virtually to a boycott, and the loss of sponsorship for his TV show.

He tried to make amends by attending an AR-15 shooting school and then said that he had learned that they did have a legitimate sporting purpose, but a lot of shooters were not buying that.

While I don't read all the gun magazines, I have not heard anything about him or by him for quite some time. I wonder if he retired or what.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It was kind of an unofficial boycott that did him in. It's a shame as I loved reading his stuff. To Heck With Elk Hunting was a great book.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I am probably not the first one to say "Who Cares"

Fat guys walking roads and claiming they are elk hunting isn't my idea of the same.

Writing and doing are two different things, I am sure he wasn't a doer and pretty sure he wasn't much of a writer either.

Count me as one who doesn't miss him and hope he stays gone...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I am probably not the first one to say "Who Cares"

Fat guys walking roads and claiming they are elk hunting isn't my idea of the same.

Writing and doing are two different things, I am sure he wasn't a doer and pretty sure he wasn't much of a writer either.

Count me as one who doesn't miss him and hope he stays gone...

That about sums up my views too. Kinda figured the only ones he marveled with his knowledge was people who had not hunted elk.

I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Zumbo must be in his late 70s by now. He had an illustrious career until his misstep.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jumbo who? How long has he been gone? He wrote about what?

Forgot---Who cares?

Last edited by MissouriEd; 01/22/16.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never read his books, didn't care for his tv show. Thought his recipes were kinda amateurish. Wish him well, but don't miss him.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He has his own site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't wish him any ill will. I attended a couple of his "how to" presentations at RMEF "Elk Camps" back in the day and didn't find much to take home. He seemed like a nice guy who created a character that he could play and make a living out of it.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
He has his own site.

http://www.jimzumbo.com/

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think he still appears on some TV shows in cooking segments. He does make some good looking food.

I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Piss on him...he is the epitome of whats wrong in the firearms community.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'd rather see a 'fat guy' walking a road with a rifle than...

a 'fat guy' sitting on his fat arse behind a desk pecking at a computer. just sayin

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 01/22/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall

a 'fat guy' sitting on his fat arse behind a desk pecking at a computer. just sayin

Jerry

Where are fat guys sitting in front of a computer saying they are elk hunting on their own promotional show? Zumbo is just the type of cancer that eats up the shooting world from within.

He never found a wild animal on his own and hunted it and killed it without help. Somehow he gets away with that and writes a book or article on it, yet he couldn't find his way out of Walmart without a greeter.

To come out in public with a blatant statement about a particular firearm not being suited for hunting isn't only wrong, it shows his true colors of being anti-gun when the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with how sell suited a rifle is for hunting...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
No mystery. He got to be an old fart like some of the rest of us.

Everyone knows old farts don't know anything

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by postoak
Zumbo must be in his late 70s by now. He had an illustrious career until his misstep.

The trashing of the 2nd amendment in his rant against AR style rifles was much, much more than a "misstep"

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He never found a wild animal on his own and hunted it and killed it without help.

No sh**?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwall

Jerry

Where are fat guys sitting in front of a computer saying they are elk hunting on their own promotional show? Zumbo is just the type of cancer that eats up the shooting world from within.

He never found a wild animal on his own and hunted it and killed it without help. Somehow he gets away with that and writes a book or article on it, yet he couldn't find his way out of Walmart without a greeter.

To come out in public with a blatant statement about a particular firearm not being suited for hunting isn't only wrong, it shows his true colors of being anti-gun when the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with how sell suited a rifle is for hunting...

The last paragraph nails the crux of the issue perfectly

It's DUMBO not Zumba

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
For the record:

I'm not a Zumbo fan. I'm also not a hater.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jwp475

The trashing of the 2nd amendment in his rant against AR style rifles was much, much more than a "misstep"

It was an opportunity for readers to see his views in an honest moment.

I wasnt up on the drama when it happened, but could care less as I GAF about wealthy paying-hunters and their problems.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 257man, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.