Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Well known gun writer with his own TV show, until he publicly stated that AR-15s have no legitimate purpose, as I recall the events.

This resulted in his getting bad-mouthed by many hunters and shooters, amounting virtually to a boycott, and the loss of sponsorship for his TV show.

He tried to make amends by attending an AR-15 shooting school and then said that he had learned that they did have a legitimate sporting purpose, but a lot of shooters were not buying that.

While I don't read all the gun magazines, I have not heard anything about him or by him for quite some time. I wonder if he retired or what.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was kind of an unofficial boycott that did him in. It's a shame as I loved reading his stuff. To Heck With Elk Hunting was a great book.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I am probably not the first one to say "Who Cares"

Fat guys walking roads and claiming they are elk hunting isn't my idea of the same.

Writing and doing are two different things, I am sure he wasn't a doer and pretty sure he wasn't much of a writer either.

Count me as one who doesn't miss him and hope he stays gone...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Fat guys walking roads and claiming they are elk hunting isn't my idea of the same.

Writing and doing are two different things, I am sure he wasn't a doer and pretty sure he wasn't much of a writer either.

That about sums up my views too. Kinda figured the only ones he marveled with his knowledge was people who had not hunted elk.

I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Zumbo must be in his late 70s by now. He had an illustrious career until his misstep.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jumbo who? How long has he been gone? He wrote about what?

Forgot---Who cares?

Last edited by MissouriEd; 01/22/16.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never read his books, didn't care for his tv show. Thought his recipes were kinda amateurish. Wish him well, but don't miss him.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He has his own site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't wish him any ill will. I attended a couple of his "how to" presentations at RMEF "Elk Camps" back in the day and didn't find much to take home. He seemed like a nice guy who created a character that he could play and make a living out of it.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
He has his own site.

http://www.jimzumbo.com/

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think he still appears on some TV shows in cooking segments. He does make some good looking food.

I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Piss on him...he is the epitome of whats wrong in the firearms community.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'd rather see a 'fat guy' walking a road with a rifle than...

a 'fat guy' sitting on his fat arse behind a desk pecking at a computer. just sayin

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 01/22/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall

a 'fat guy' sitting on his fat arse behind a desk pecking at a computer. just sayin

Jerry

Where are fat guys sitting in front of a computer saying they are elk hunting on their own promotional show? Zumbo is just the type of cancer that eats up the shooting world from within.

He never found a wild animal on his own and hunted it and killed it without help. Somehow he gets away with that and writes a book or article on it, yet he couldn't find his way out of Walmart without a greeter.

To come out in public with a blatant statement about a particular firearm not being suited for hunting isn't only wrong, it shows his true colors of being anti-gun when the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with how sell suited a rifle is for hunting...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
No mystery. He got to be an old fart like some of the rest of us.

Everyone knows old farts don't know anything

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by postoak
Zumbo must be in his late 70s by now. He had an illustrious career until his misstep.

The trashing of the 2nd amendment in his rant against AR style rifles was much, much more than a "misstep"

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He never found a wild animal on his own and hunted it and killed it without help.

No sh**?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Jerry

Where are fat guys sitting in front of a computer saying they are elk hunting on their own promotional show? Zumbo is just the type of cancer that eats up the shooting world from within.

He never found a wild animal on his own and hunted it and killed it without help. Somehow he gets away with that and writes a book or article on it, yet he couldn't find his way out of Walmart without a greeter.

To come out in public with a blatant statement about a particular firearm not being suited for hunting isn't only wrong, it shows his true colors of being anti-gun when the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with how sell suited a rifle is for hunting...

The last paragraph nails the crux of the issue perfectly

It's DUMBO not Zumba

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
For the record:

I'm not a Zumbo fan. I'm also not a hater.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jwp475

The trashing of the 2nd amendment in his rant against AR style rifles was much, much more than a "misstep"

It was an opportunity for readers to see his views in an honest moment.

I wasnt up on the drama when it happened, but could care less as I GAF about wealthy paying-hunters and their problems.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As far as needing a guide, sorta like JOC.
I liked his articles on elk hunting.
I understand why his dislike for AR-15's and hunting too. My cousins started out with semi-auto 22's. We had single shots. We would end up with the rabbits and squirrels. They'd end up with empty boxes of shells.
As far as fat men go... Hey

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I knew Jim well for many years before the dumb-ass blog post, and hunted and fished with him a number of times. But have only run into him now and then since then, basically just long enough to say hi. Here's what I know:

He killed plenty of big game animals without a guide before he became "famous" as Outdoor Life's hunting columnist, and still kills some by himself, even though he's older and heavier. He owns hunting horses, which helps, and can hunt elk and mule deer by heading out directly from his house in Wyoming.

The dumb-ass blog post was written at a hotel in a tiny town in Wyoming. He was there with several people, while hunting coyotes. He wrote the stupid blog one evening and showed it to the people he was with, who all said he shouldn't post it. But like many hunters who don't understand the 2nd Amendment, Jim went ahead, appafrently thinking it would just introduce a little interest in his blog. (I stayed in the same hotel a couple years later, while on an "industry" prairie dog shoot, and by coincidence was assigned the notorious "Zumbo Room," where he wrote and e-mailed the blog. After we checked in, my friends searched me for any sort of writing implements. I didnt bring a computer, but they confiscating my pen and notebook, even after I showed them my NRA Life Membership card, because they were afraid the room was haunted.)

He's working in the business again, though not as much as he used to, both because of the dumb-ass blog, and because he is indeed in his late 70's.

Jim's a fun guy to hang with, and most of the people here would enjoy him. But I also understand the anger. It was a really stupid thing to post, especially after he'd been warned by other people not to do it.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good job John B. Most (but not all) of the folks that I have known over the years had some redeeming qualities. A very few, were only good at setting bad examples.

best wishes,
Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks.

I'm actually constantly amazed by the number of hunters who think the 2nd amendment is about hunting guns--just like a lot of nonhunters.

Of course, a bunch of hunters don't belong to the NRA, or any other gun-rights organization. Over 15 million American buy hunting licenses every year, yet the only times NRA membership approaches where it is now, around 4 million, is during periods when some politicians are screaming for "common sense" gun control.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Only 4 million members is still a travesty. It should be at least 3 times that

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

+1 and I also add Dick Metcalf who wrote his own epitaph.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks M D

I suppose that every one of US have had at least one gaff.

It seems there are those here who NEVER put their foot in their mouth. good grief!!!!!

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Agreed but

if they'd put the money into the cause

they could DROP the mags.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Thanks.

I'm actually constantly amazed by the number of hunters who think the 2nd amendment is about hunting guns--just like a lot of nonhunters.

Those are the ones who weren't paying attention in history class on the founding of this nation. And perhaps some of them are of a younger generation when the history classes were "revised".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John,

There you go bringing some knowledge and "reality" (for lack of a better term?) to the campfire.

I'm sure Mr Zumbo would appreciate it, I do.

Regarding the NRA-hunter thing, I'd have to expand that past the hunter population to even just the shooting public, especially those who don't have a membership at a range/club (many of which require it). And especially to the general public (many who don't have a clue about that amendment or any other one!).

I must be weird. I'm one of the few (probably) who joined the NRA before owning a firearm. Hard to explain that to my liberal friends of the day. Well, not so hard to explain, hard to get them to understand maybe.

Again, thanks for part of the "real story".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Thanks.

Those are the ones who weren't paying attention in history class on the founding of this nation. And perhaps some of them are of a younger generation when the history classes were "revised".

Do they even teach "history" anymore? As an optional class even? confused

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'm not sure either, but my sister-in-law, who's married to Eileen's younger brother, is in her 50's and a college graduate. The last time they came to visit here in Montana (when they went fishing with us) she went into a semi-rant about "some hunting guns" should be legal, but nothing else. When I firmly (but politely) explained to her the meaning and historical intent of the 2nd amendment she became really offended. They haven't been back since.

John Steinbeck
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
JB it is sad that people make the gun argument about hunting arms ...I grew up in the South East part of Pa. think Washington's Crossing of Delware River area. School trips included A LOT of Revolutionary War Sites. I am 45 years old. My nieces only learned about the same things in the same schools because of my brother and I taking them to those same sites. They are in their 20's now.
Even the hunting crowd takes the arms debate to be about hunting guns.
The Second amendment is about protecting freedoms from tyranny,foreign or domestic.
We as a country have no problem gutting other countries we see as bad( IRAQ, LIBYA, GERMANY, JAPAN...ETC) but are too blind to see that it could and is happening here.

I remember Jim Zumbo's articles as interesting and somewhat informative, but when a man pees on his fans shoes he should expect a back lash. His one blog was career ender and he should have put his personal feelings aside on that one!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Agreed but

if they'd put the money into the cause

they could DROP the mags.

Jerry

The biggest problem I have with the NRA is they put the money into mailers and phone calls to members asking for more money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is unfortunate in the fund-raising world that by spending $4 on mailers and phone calls, the result is $5 incoming, for a net gain of $1, that wouldn't be there at all without the wasteful expenditure of the $4.

Also, I am told that one can opt out of those fund-raising mailers, though I haven't done it myself.

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 01/23/16.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NRA is the only organization between what we have and what Hitlery would have for us.
When I lived down south there were those that thought NRA was equivalent to the KKK. The NRA isn't made up of perfect people any more than any section of society, including writers.
Many of you are upset because he felt AR-15's were not sporting rifles. I know people that feel the same about center fire rifles and indeed percussion black powder. The flint lock to them is the only true hunting rifle.
We all have history which has formed our opinions. The thing about Zumbo was that he was too popular and well respected. What he said was not that bad if he wasn't in the spotlight.
From my look at hunting over a few decades, I hated seeing game shot at long distances and lost and too many game blown apart with high velocity bullets designed for 1,000 feet per second slower.
My generation is passing, bullets are 500% better, rifles are better and game is changing. To me shooting pigs is something brand new.
Shooting at pigs with an AR-10 in no way offends me and I'd bet the same would be for Zumbo.
Spraying a mountainside with a semi-auto rifle with a 30 round magazine shooting at deer or elk or other big game animal offends me. Having a AR-10 and AR-15 is a right and I'm putting money down to defend that right. Not for me, but for my grandchildren.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

This is Zumbo's statement. Having no use for a gun can fit many personal preferences, but calling them "terrorist" guns is inexcusable.

"call them “assault” rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I’ll go so far as to call them “terrorist” rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are “tackdrivers.”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great posts by Mule Deer about Jim Zumbo and also about the Second Amendment.

I met Jim Zumbo only once and he seemed to me like a nice guy who knew a good deal about hunting. But the post about AR-15's was really stupid. His viewpoint was not uncommon among some hunters at the time, although with the rising popularity of AR-15's and other semi-automatics I think that pattern has changed a bit.

These hunters didn't understand the origins and meaning of the Second Amendment and they had little exposure to firearms outside the context of hunting. My late uncle, a rancher who loved to hunt, at one point quit the NRA because he thought they shouldn't support the right of people to own "assault rifles". As I recall, Craig Boddington has said that he came late to the understanding that we need to protect our right to own semi-automatic firearms, which is interesting considering his military background.

There's no doubt that the Second Amendment is about protecting citizens from tyranny and has very little to do with hunting. Like all organizations, the NRA is imperfect, but it's the best defense we have against having our rights abridged and our guns confiscated. That's why I'm a Life Member. The Second Amendment Foundation is equally important because of all the legal work they do. Without them we'd have no Heller or McDonald SCOTUS decisions.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Shrapnel - Yeah, he said that 8 years ago when this tactical obsession was less common than it is now. I still kind of roll my eyes when I go to the range and 9 out of 10 shooters have black rifles. Times change but older people change with them only reluctantly.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I firmly (but politely) explained to her the meaning and historical intent of the 2nd amendment she became really offended. They haven't been back since.

Looks like it worked....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know if JZ spent anytime in the military, but when I had to give up my M14 for a POS M16 in the Marines. I was totally dismayed. Those M16 were the cause of many Marine deaths in Vietnam.
I shot well with the M14 (expert) but when shooting the M16 a man size target at 200 yards was safe. The M16 would lock up, they sounded like they were breaking each time you pulled the trigger. My opinion of AR15's was similar to JZ's. They were trash, total junk.
They made a lot of noise but were useless beyond spraying the undergrowth.
I owned a mini-14 for years and would have nothing to do with AR-15's.

40 out of my platoon of 80 were killed in the first two weeks in Vietnam. I blamed the worthless POS M16.

But that's my experience.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not sure either, but my sister-in-law, who's married to Eileen's younger brother, is in her 50's and a college graduate. The last time they came to visit here in Montana (when they went fishing with us) she went into a semi-rant about "some hunting guns" should be legal, but nothing else. When I firmly (but politely) explained to her the meaning and historical intent of the 2nd amendment she became really offended. They haven't been back since.

Lucky You

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still kind of roll my eyes when I go to the range and 9 out of 10 shooters have black rifles.

It's not so bad now. Flat Dark Earth has gotten more popular....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bugger,

My experience in the Marine Corps regarding the rifles was similar. I, too, hated giving up the M-14 for the M-16. I managed to shoot Expert with both, but the M-16 was definitely more difficult to shoot well with. The distaste for the M-16 stayed with me, and I haven't owned an AR-style rifle to this day.

One of my at-the-ready house guns is an M-1 Carbine. I like it better than an AR. Many of my friends have AR's, and I have shot them a few times. They are generations better than the M-16's that the Marines forced on us, but I still have no compelling desire to own one.

Thank you, Bugger, for your service, and I am very sorry for the loss of your platoon-mates.

I am not a "combat" veteran. I joined up when the Viet Nam War was still active, but while some of my friends went over, and some didn't come back, I was never sent. Extended training kept me stateside while things wound down. The Veteran's Administration calls me a "Viet Nam Era" Marine, and I got the ribbon for joining when I did.

My cousin got blown up pretty bad in an ambush while he was trying to clear his M-16 to get it shooting. He survived but he gets a disability check to this day. He doesn't have a very high opinion of the early M-16's, either.

Semper Fi.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The problem is people attaching politics to inanimate objects, whether it be guns, cars, food,.... you name it.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Bugger
I don't know if JZ spent anytime in the military, but when I had to give up my M14 for a POS M16 in the Marines.

I will echo the thought of a comparison of the two. Having been issued the M-14 in the Army and the M-16 in the National Guard, the M-16 reminded me of a tinker toy. In short, I just don't care for them. But, if any law abiding person wants to own one they certainly don't need my approval and shouldn't need approval from anyone else for that matter.

As far as Zumbo is concerned there is no doubt he made a foolish mistake. But I can't imagine Jack O'Connor would have said much of anything different if he had been alive. But, in all fairness, Zumbo has really made a great effort to right the wrong he did. Tom Gresham's remark's when Zumbo was awarded the "POMA/NSSF Grits Gresham Shooting Sports Communicator Award" says a lot.

After questioning the use of AR-style guns in the realm of hunting in an Outdoor Life blog entry, Jim heard the cries of gun owners. He immediately educated himself about modern sporting rifles and became a proponent of them. That speaks well of his intellectual honesty.

I'm not advocating that folks should entirely forget what he did nearly eight years ago, but I do think he should get some credit for what he has done since, such as his support for the "modern sporting rifle" and his help to Veterans.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It's interesting so many people here (or at least a few) are down on Jim Zumbo for being a paying-client hunter. Jack O'Connor was exactly the same way and he was never attacked for that, as far as I know. Was Teddy Roosevelt attacked for it, Robert Ruark, Ernest Hemingway? This idea is something new to me.

Anyway, as Mule Deer said, he used to be a DIY hunter. I don't think many of us would pass up the kind of opportunities he was given as the hunting editor of Outdoor Life.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You will always find flies around a cow pie...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You will always find flies around a cow pie...

And tumble bugs too. (dung beetles)

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I think a little forgiveness would go a long way in this situation.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It would be different if he had been just another ignorant leftie spouting anti-gun rhetoric but he wasn't, he was one of us. As such the outrage is tinged with betrayal, and that lasts a long time.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Betrayal sticks. Zumbo was hyped up by the usual suspects as a "reasonable" man, the media was full of Dick Metcalf sob stories for a while.
Never mind the punishment for Colt and Smith when they left the pack.....

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Zumbo is a typical CONSERVATIVE Yankee, period.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

This is Zumbo's statement. Having no use for a gun can fit many personal preferences, but calling them "terrorist" guns is inexcusable.

"call them “assault” rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I’ll go so far as to call them “terrorist” rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are “tackdrivers.”

When one writes about guns, hunting, etc one has a duty to know what they are writing. Dumbo did more harm than most seem to realize. He gave the gun control groups credence and he has no place in the industry. NONE!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim just forgot or wasn't aware that the Second Amendment boils down to the Right to Life.
The type of tool used to preserve Life and Liberty is irrelevant.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

When someone profits off an industry and community for decades, and then sticks a knife in their back, it's pretty tough to forgive. But it goes beyond that as that sort of betrayal is what contributes to the incremental chipping away at the 2nd amendment.

The popularity of AR's has been a huge boon to the shooting and sporting arms industry, those in the industry should all be extremely thankful for that.

What it really reeks of is elitism, which is something I can't stand. You can pick most any sport or pastime and there will be the elitists who look down their nose at anyone who doesn't use the same equipment or techniques they do. Whether it's fly fishermen, stick and string bowyers, blued steel and walnut shooters, etc., etc.,

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

When someone profits off an industry and community for decades, and then sticks a knife in their back, it's pretty tough to forgive. But it goes beyond that as that sort of betrayal is what contributes to the incremental chipping away at the 2nd amendment.

The popularity of AR's has been a huge boon to the shooting and sporting arms industry, those in the industry should all be extremely thankful for that.

What it really reeks of is elitism, which is something I can't stand. You can pick most any sport or pastime and there will be the elitists who look down their nose at anyone who doesn't use the same equipment or techniques they do. Whether it's fly fishermen, stick and string bowyers, blued steel and walnut shooters, etc., etc.,

Too bad more people don't get it!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

This well written and I fully agree! Jim Zumbo needs to go.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yankee or southern redneck the same rule applies.

Stupid Hurts

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dustylongshot

Go where? Did you not read the title of this thread? He's already gone.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Where did he go is not the same as gone. He has his own site that need to be not visited...

http://www.jimzumbo.com

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Dustylongshot

Go where? Did you not read the title of this thread? He's already gone.

To hell would be a good place!

P

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Where did he go is not the same as gone. He has his own site that need to be not visited...

Thanks for publicizing his site!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
He has his own site.

Don't thank me, just read previous posts...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

If he's gone to the point that people have to ask where he is, he's gone.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Can you tell me where Tom Cruise is right now? I'm sure you don't know, but he sure isn't gone because you don't know where he is...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He has his own site.

Shrapnel,

I was joking! Maybe I should have added one of these grin . My point was that if you don't want people to go to Zumbo's website, it might not be a great idea to post a link to the site.

As for as his comments about AR-15's, I've already said that it was a stupid thing to do. I own several AR's and just got back from shooting a 3 gun match with an AR. So you're preaching to the choir on that one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowmanh
He has his own site.

Shrapnel,

I was joking! Maybe I should have added one of these grin . My point was that if you don't want people to go to Zumbo's website, it might not be a great idea to post a link to the site.

I do understand, no harm here. I only reposted that link to illustrate the scumbag was still profiting from the very people he stabbed in the back and yet they are willing participants in the whole debacle....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim Zumbo was an inspiration to me.

He inspired me to buy an AR15 (true story)

I wonder how many others were so inspired by Jim Zumbo ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
It is unfortunate in the fund-raising world that by spending $4 on mailers and phone calls, the result is $5 incoming, for a net gain of $1, that wouldn't be there at all without the wasteful expenditure of the $4.

Also, I am told that one can opt out of those fund-raising mailers, though I haven't done it myself.

I haven't received one in years.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Can you tell me where Tom Cruise is right now? I'm sure you don't know, but he sure isn't gone because you don't know where he is...

Google both of them. Zumbo's most recent "in the news" was 2007.

Tom Cruise was 13 hours ago.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I can just bet what your first grade teacher had to put up with...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I can just bet what your first grade teacher had to put up with...

Sister JoJean didn't put up with anything even remotely resembling hijinks.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in a hunting camp with Zumbo, once upon a time & long ago.

It was with a well known & highly renown, Montana guide & we were hunting the wilderness area of the Selway.

Zumbo was well over weight, not too articulate or personable & not very gun knowledgeable in the least; he was there to kill an easy elk, on a comp'ed hunt & write a story about it, pure & simple.

The 1st day of hunting, Zumbo was horse-backed(he sure as hell couldn't have hiked there) into the prime honeyhole & sure enough, killed a nice 320 class bull before noon.

He was gone & out of camp by the next morning, a 12 mile ride out to the rail head. So much for the "experience".

To say that I was unimpressed with Zumbo in every possible way would be an understatement.........but the story that he would write about the hunt, according to the outfitter, was worth $20K in advertising.

FWIW, I hunted as hard as I've ever hunted in my entire life over the next 6 days, mostly on foot, in the Selway rain jungle.......10 mile days were common, & never saw a single shootable bull.

But I did get the Selway experience.

MM

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I too get tired of elitists and people who are stuck in the past. I've used the M1A in competition and Ive used AR15 match rifles as well. There wouldn't be so many people out there switching to AR platforms if they didnt work. More AR platforms have made it into the hands of designated marksmen and you cant find a serious predator hunter who is isnt using one

As for modern practical use, the M14 is a one-trick pony. The modern M4 is far more versatile.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The part that really pisses me off about the JZ stupidity is the FACT a certain well-known writer from the same staff backed him on his story and never was taken to task for his written and posted word.

Same fat POS was photographed by a good friend on a Kodiak blacktail hunt... well, if you consider staying [bleep] the whole time and getting someone to take pictures of you with someone else's deer "hunting"... rolling drunk out of the skiff into the water and then sitting on the beach drinking until picked up "hunting"... but being recognized as an optics expert...

Too many standards are too incident specific.

JZ pissed off a bunch of people in the industry and they had to find a way to disown him. He gave them that and deserves everything he got, and more.

But a certain, highly respected (by some) writer deserves the same...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fahq him. Nothing worse than a traitor sucking up to the enemy for his own gain masquerading as a gun owner and pretending to speak for them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

While I don't read all the gun magazines, I have not heard anything about him or by him for quite some time. I wonder if he retired or what.

Why would you care?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I remember Jim Zumbo's blog post like it was yesterday, and I remember all the campers getting their panties in a wad, thinking we should be cutting the guy some slack.

Me? I wrote Outdoor Life and told them that if they did not disavow his blog post and sever all ties with Mister Z, I'd cancel my subscription and never subscribe again. I didn't get an answer, and the next thing I knew, Jib was getting "rehabilitated" at Planet Nuge. That's when I decided Nuge was off my list too. I'd been a subscriber to OL since 1969 and a reader since 1965.

The shaman's Eulogy for Jim Zumbo

. . . lest we forget.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I wasn't going to say anything more on this but I am confused on one thing. I am not trying to argue on this point, just trying to understand why some people think the way they do.

First off, I understand completely why folks are upset with Zumbo for saying assault rifles should be banned. That is a no brainer.

But where is the same outcry against Donald Trump for his stance on banning assault rifles before his flip-flop on that issue? Why give him a pass and yet crucify Zumbo for doing the same thing?

Many thanks

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Apparently Zumbo hasn't gone away:

www.professionaloutdoormedia.org/node/10137

John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idared

But where is the same outcry against Donald Trump for his stance on banning assault rifles before his flip-flop on that issue? Why give him a pass and yet crucify Zumbo for doing the same thing?

For me, that answer is simple. I do not consider Donald Trump a spokesman for the shooting sports. Supposedly Donald has changed his position and now represents himself as a staunch 2A advocate. That may be, that may not be. We'll see. Donald has a lot of things in his past he's had to rethink and walk back. The fact that he says he's into concealed carry and is packing heat tells me he may have seen the light.

Zumbo, on the other hand, was writing from a position as the shooting editor for one of the premier outdoor magazines. His blog post was an extreme betrayal, and the way Outdoor Life handled it was an even worse betrayal. The half-hearted apologies and rehabilitation, was all useless because the damage was already done. A right thinking magazine should have canned him publicly on the spot instead of sitting back and waiting to see which way the wind blew and then sending him off on a sabbatical.

I'm just saying this as a hypothetical, not to accuse our illustrious Mr Mule Deer. What if John Barsness wrote a weblog entry that all pink camo hunting rifles needed to be banned by the federal government, that they were only used by women and fairies and he wanted them banned from the hunting woods and obsession outlawed? What would be the reaction?

What if he then said he'd rethought the situation (after Eileen had beat him over the head with a frying pan) and decided pink rifles could stay?

What would that say about John's way of looking at private ownership of firearms (regardless of color) ? What if Wolf came out with a half-hearted retraction and sent John off to a weekend with Lee and Tiffany for rehab? Would that make it all better?

What would you think of Ingwe if he just started calling the .270 Winchester queer?

. . . oh, never mind.

Last edited by shaman; 01/25/16.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have been asked if the optics expert and Kodiak drunk I was referring to is Mule Deer and just wanted to point out it is not...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

I see he's recovering from a heart attack:

http://www.jimzumbo.com/explore-jim-s-blog/entry/2015/12/the-truth-about-my-heart-attack

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
shaman,

Actually, Zumbo wasn't the shooting editor for Outdoor Life. He was the hunting editor. At the time the shooting editor was Jim Carmichel. This may seem irrelevant but isn't.

As has been pointed out previously in this thread, a lot of hunters are just as ignorant about the Second Amendment as anti-gunners. Zumbo was what's often been called a Fudd, a hunter who believes nobody will ever take his hunting guns away. But often Fudds are from states with repressive gun laws, so think registering or banning certain guns is normal, and Zumbo was born and raised in upstate New York. This certainly doesn't excuse his blog, but it does explain some of his ignorance.

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A Fudd? That's funny, haven't heard that one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I knew Jim well for many years before the dumb-ass blog post, and hunted and fished with him a number of times. But have only run into him now and then since then, basically just long enough to say hi. Here's what I know:

He killed plenty of big game animals without a guide before he became "famous" as Outdoor Life's hunting columnist, and still kills some by himself, even though he's older and heavier. He owns hunting horses, which helps, and can hunt elk and mule deer by heading out directly from his house in Wyoming.

The dumb-ass blog post was written at a hotel in a tiny town in Wyoming. He was there with several people, while hunting coyotes. He wrote the stupid blog one evening and showed it to the people he was with, who all said he shouldn't post it. But like many hunters who don't understand the 2nd Amendment, Jim went ahead, appafrently thinking it would just introduce a little interest in his blog. (I stayed in the same hotel a couple years later, while on an "industry" prairie dog shoot, and by coincidence was assigned the notorious "Zumbo Room," where he wrote and e-mailed the blog. After we checked in, my friends searched me for any sort of writing implements. I didnt bring a computer, but they confiscating my pen and notebook, even after I showed them my NRA Life Membership card, because they were afraid the room was haunted.)

He's working in the business again, though not as much as he used to, both because of the dumb-ass blog, and because he is indeed in his late 70's.

Jim's a fun guy to hang with, and most of the people here would enjoy him. But I also understand the anger. It was a really stupid thing to post, especially after he'd been warned by other people not to do it.

For all of those haters out there - I can tell you this. Jim Zumbo treated me well back when I was just an elk hunting dreamer (and teenager). This was at a time when he was one of the "experts". He gave me words of encouragement - and his books contained advice/strategies that turned out to help me harvest my first elk.

I wish him well and just wanted people to know that he was generous with time and advice - when he didn't have to be. For that I am thankful.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
wizzer

I think Mule Deer's statement goes along with what you say.

Jim's a fun guy to hang with, and most of the people here would enjoy him.

I have talked to him a few times and enjoyed the conversation. Also, I certainly don't hate him, I just question his logic in making that statement he did a few years ago.

Larry
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
shaman

I appreciate your reply but I am still somewhat confused by your answer.

Am I understanding correctly that you are more upset with a magazine editor making a call for a ban on a certain firearm then changing his mind than you would be with a person who is running for president of the United States, who may nominate Supreme Court Justices in the future, doing the same?

Many thanks

Larry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I grew up eagerly anticipating every issue of Outdoor Life in the 1980's. I'll always love Jim Carmichael, Jim Zumbo, and Pat McManus. I don't give a damn how the Campfire tells me to think and act. I think for myself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And furthermore Jim wasn't a gunwriter of any kind or even much of a gun guy. He killed his first 19 Elk with Betsy, a pre 64 Winchester 70 .30-06 and he wouldn't have moved on but General Yeager gave him his .300 Bee Mark V and insisted he started using it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
I grew up eagerly anticipating every issue of Outdoor Life in the 1980's. I'll always love Jim Carmichael, Jim Zumbo, and Pat McManus. I don't give a damn how the Campfire tells me to think and act. I think for myself.

Well, it's time to start.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We don't need to bring tenner shoes into this.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
shaman,

Actually, Zumbo wasn't the shooting editor for Outdoor Life. He was the hunting editor. At the time the shooting editor was Jim Carmichel. This may seem irrelevant but isn't.

As has been pointed out previously in this thread, a lot of hunters are just as ignorant about the Second Amendment as anti-gunners. Zumbo was what's often been called a Fudd, a hunter who believes nobody will ever take his hunting guns away. But often Fudds are from states with repressive gun laws, so think registering or banning certain guns is normal, and Zumbo was born and raised in upstate New York. This certainly doesn't excuse his blog, but it does explain some of his ignorance.

Drat. Did I say shooting editor? Yes, I did. Sorry, I've got to get the doc to up my dose of Armour Thyroid. I'm just not holding up all day like I used to. I probably was late for my nap.

Fudd? You mean like this?

[Linked Image]

"Shhhhh. Be veeeewy veeewy quiet. I'm hunting wascally elk."

O
O

Perhaps since this is a shooting and not a hunting forum my comments may be out of line. I think that it is as much a hunting issue as it is a shooting issue so I will go ahead.

Due to my fuzzy memory I had to go back and look at Jim Zumbos original comments. My interpretation of his comments is that he was more concerned with the place of black rifles in hunting rather than simply saying they should be banned. Hunters particularly older ones tend to be traditionalists. We grew up with walnut stocked bolt and lever actions. Whenever something perceived as technologically advanced comes along there is an uproar among some who question the place of that advancement in fair chase and hunting tradition. Most of these "advancements" turn out to be no big deal and are usually marketing hype. Look at the long raging discussions in the archery world over recurve so versus compounds versus crossbows. With me the look and feel and noise of a crossbow insults my aesthetic sensibilities. If I should say this should I be banned from the bowhunting world or should it just be seen as a topic for good natured campfire talk?

Jim Zumbo screwed up in that he didn't use good judgement in how he expressed his feelings. Using anti gun buzz words like assault rifles etc did not sit well with a lot of us. The role of black rifles in fair chase hunting at the time was being questioned by some traditional hunters. That is why the industry rebranded them as "modern sporting rifles" Any new advancement in technology probably should be questioned by ethical hunters. The same thing happened when compound bows came on the scene. We were certainly allowed at the time to express our "outrage". None of us were banned or vilified. It was just the hunting culture evolving.

I thought then at the time that the reaction to Zumbo statements was way out proportion to the "crime". I still do. Whatever good the man did for the hunting and conservation world was suddenly out the window over one stupid paragraph. We get so upset with the left and its political correctness and rightly so. Political correctness however is alive and well on our side of the aisle. We sadly are hypocrites in that respect. Give it a break.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Amazing

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And BY IN LARGE, a FUDD is a Conservative Yankee, also known as a liberal.

Just because you're the leper with the most fingers doesn't mean you're not a leper.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Just because you're the leper with the most fingers doesn't mean you're not a leper.

And I've quickly learned conservative "rebels" are no more conservative than conservative "yankees" are. I'm more socially conservative than the vast majority of them. But back to Zumbo. I could care less if he said Remington 700's need banned. One mans opinions don't move me that deeply. My grandfathers were both war veterans and hunters and they both felt "assault" rifles should be banned. I never hated them because of it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Zumbo's comments sure hasn't curtailed the sale of M16 style rifles. They are more popular today than when he screwed up. Question for me, because I like to know what makes people tick, is the why of it.

Why would he say what he did? Obviously he meant it, but why would he do so when he was told not to, and I would think there were others in the industry with experience in that room.

Answer from a distance would be ego. Outdoor editor of one of the largest hunting/shooting publications of his time. Also probably had his ass kissed for some time because of it. From readers to outfitters who wanted a writeup, he was a big man in his own mind and came to think he was more knowledgeable and influential then the rest. He obviously thought the way he did and his ego made him believe everyone else should also. Even against the advice of other knowledgeable people in the industry.

Ego bit him in the place he was used to being kissed. North, South, East, West, makes no difference, live long enough and an overinflated ego will most times eventually cause a fall.

Not all that rare to see it happen here on a smaller scale.

Last edited by battue; 01/25/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's an astute observation.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Those old Greeks figured these things out a long time ago.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by shaman
That's when I decided Nuge was off my list too.

Never cared too much for his constant rattling off of the mouth.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Reading back over this, I think the topic says it all. Jim may be a heck of a nice guy, but his career ended up in the past tense as a result of that blog post.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think if we took a poll of men born prior to 1950 and asked their opinions on AR-15 rifles, I think we would be shocked. I think JZ is just a product of his generation. I know of no one age 70 or older who has any interest in AR's or AK's. And I've heard plenty of old guys deride them while in gun shops.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Oldwyoelkhunter

Perhaps since this is a shooting and not a hunting forum my comments may be out of line. I think that it is as much a hunting issue as it is a shooting issue so I will go ahead.

Due to my fuzzy memory I had to go back and look at Jim Zumbos original comments. My interpretation of his comments is that he was more concerned with the place of black rifles in hunting rather than simply saying they should be banned. Hunters particularly older ones tend to be traditionalists. We grew up with walnut stocked bolt and lever actions. Whenever something perceived as technologically advanced comes along there is an uproar among some who question the place of that advancement in fair chase and hunting tradition. Most of these "advancements" turn out to be no big deal and are usually marketing hype. Look at the long raging discussions in the archery world over recurve so versus compounds versus crossbows. With me the look and feel and noise of a crossbow insults my aesthetic sensibilities. If I should say this should I be banned from the bowhunting world or should it just be seen as a topic for good natured campfire talk?

Jim Zumbo screwed up in that he didn't use good judgement in how he expressed his feelings. Using anti gun buzz words like assault rifles etc did not sit well with a lot of us. The role of black rifles in fair chase hunting at the time was being questioned by some traditional hunters. That is why the industry rebranded them as "modern sporting rifles" Any new advancement in technology probably should be questioned by ethical hunters. The same thing happened when compound bows came on the scene. We were certainly allowed at the time to express our "outrage". None of us were banned or vilified. It was just the hunting culture evolving.

I thought then at the time that the reaction to Zumbo statements was way out proportion to the "crime". I still do. Whatever good the man did for the hunting and conservation world was suddenly out the window over one stupid paragraph. We get so upset with the left and its political correctness and rightly so. Political correctness however is alive and well on our side of the aisle. We sadly are hypocrites in that respect. Give it a break.

You dang sure ain't traditional if you are talking bolt guns... traditional are loaded from the muzzle.......

See what I did there?????

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think if we took a poll of men born prior to 1950 and asked their opinions on AR-15 rifles, I think we would be shocked. I think JZ is just a product of his generation. I know of no one age 70 or older who has any interest in AR's or AK's. And I've heard plenty of old guys deride them while in gun shops.

Big difference in Uncle Joe at the gun store and a public figure who purports to represent hunters commenting on a widely-read blog.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Big difference in Uncle Joe at the gun store and a public figure who purports to represent hunters commenting on a widely-read blog.

Perhaps.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Im not seeing this at all, as a matter of fact, I see scores of guys who have never touched a gun outside of their old pump birdgun buying ARs.

That being said, who cares what a poll would produce? Wrong is still wrong, and those men should be ostracized from the community just as Zumbo. These are the same men who have no issue with banning certain classes of gun, as long as their particular poison is safe. To hell with them, each and every one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue

Answer from a distance would be ego. Outdoor editor of one of the largest hunting/shooting publications of his time. Also probably had his ass kissed for some time because of it. From readers to outfitters who wanted a writeup, he was a big man in his own mind and came to think he was more knowledgeable and influential then the rest. He obviously thought the way he did and his ego made him believe everyone else should also.

From my limited exposure to the man, I'd say you are right on with that assessment.

Big ego coupled with a less than large intellect coupled with not really being a "gun guy".

MM

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by liliysdad
To hell with them, each and every one.

And I agree. Until they change their mind. Then they become an asset; especially if they have a pulpit. I.E. blog or commercial television show if you will. Doesn't much matter if it was a sincere intellectual change or one brought on by a kick in the groin. Say what you will about Nuge, but he was the catalyst for Zumbo's turn around.

Today Zumbo isn't entirely useless with regard gun and hunting rights. Not as influential as in the past, but certainly not useless. Let Bloomberg have a change of heart and start pouring millions into the pro-gun movement and he would become a poster boy for the NRA.

Last edited by battue; 01/26/16.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Apparently very few actually clicked on the link I posted earlier in this thread.

Zumbo's career did not end, and in 2014 the National Shooting Sports Foundation and the Professional Outdoor Media Association gave him the Annual Grits Gresham Award for lifetime achievement, in part for promoting AR-15's and other "modern hunting rifles," particularly on his "Wounded Warriors" TV show.

The NSSF is the shooting industry organization that took over running of the SHOT Show after Reed Expos, the former company, told exhibitors at several shows they ran that AR-15's or other "assault rifles" would not be allowed. POWA was formed in the 1990's after anti-hunters and anti-gunners started infiltrating the older organization named the Outdoor Writer's Association of America, which was formed in the 1920's by hunting and fishing writers. A bunch of hunting and shooting writers quit OWAA and formed the new pro-gun and hunting POMA.

So no, his career was not destroyed. Those who feel it should have been should contact the NSSF, which has more than 12,000 members, including major manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers.

John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
He was rewarded for being easily influenced, and cheaply bought. Still no love from me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Isn't a person on here I love and many I could care less about spending time with and I'm sure many fell the same about me. Doesn't mean we are not on the same side.

Last edited by battue; 01/26/16.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
M D-

Some people either don't read or will not listen.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Overall, I think you are probably right on that point. I myself am almost 72 years old and have little interest in AR-15s or Modern Sporting Rifles. My military life was with M-1s, M-14s and M-16s. Of the three the M-14 was my favorite with the M-1 second. If I could own the M-14 I was issued in basic training I would be a happy camper as it was a very reliable weapon that shot well. I just don't have those types of good memories about the M-16 I was issued.

However with all that said I don't begrudge anyone from owning any type of firearm they desire and I would never deride one in a gun shop. I am also sure the AR-15 types today are much better rifles than the M-16 I was issued in the late 1960s, but at this time in my life I am more interested in downsizing my firearm inventory rater than increasing it. Therefore I probably won't ever own one of these rifles.

One thing the intrigues me, in today's world when something firearm related is called to be banned it seems to increase sales dramatically of them. As often mentioned Obama is the best gun salesman that ever lived. As I look back to the time Zumbo made his fateful statements just how popular were these so called AR and Ak rifles? Certainly not nearly what they are today. Maybe Zumbo actually was partly responsible for the increased interest in these types of firearms because we have certainly heard much more about them, both for and against, since that time.

Could be kind of ironic, couldn't it? smile

Larry
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Jim Zumbo is best known as an Elk hunter. I doubt many hunters go after Elk with an AR15. He wandered off in an area he was pretty much ignorant about. Let it go people!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
He wandered off in an area he was pretty much ignorant about.

Are you trying to say he'd fit right in here?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no doubt that Zumbo ticked off a lot of people with his mental misfire. Otherwise this thread would be over.

As for old people not liking EBRs, that's not necessarily true. My dadster has no problem grabbing the latest and greatest once it hits the shelves -- early synthetic/stainless Mark 5 Wby, kevlar this, that, lasers, Volquartsen whatevers, and of course, a Colt M forgery with lots of sharp edges AND a couple of "just in case" lowers.

He's never been afraid of new technology. Doesn't always master it, but he's never afraid to give it a go.

I think he's nuts, but he can afford it.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
... What if John Barsness wrote a weblog entry that all pink camo hunting rifles needed to be banned by the federal government, that they were only used by women and fairies and he wanted them banned from the hunting woods and obsession outlawed? ...

(emphasis added}

shaman-

In your professional shamanic opinion, is it even theoretically possible that some persons might obsess over pink camo hunting rifles?

How might such obsession be manifested? How might the obsession be recognized by us common non-shamans?

--Bob

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Who was it said, "Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your brain, rent free,"?

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Who was it said, "Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your brain, rent free,"?

Or like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cra1948

This is true. I don't know whether she said it first, but I think it was Ann Landers. It's certainly not the Christian thing to do

Having reread the thread, I feel that some people are unintentionally feeding the hate has been posted on the Interwebs. I will even go so far as to suggest that some never actually read what Zumbo wrote, or what was written and done after he realised his gaffe. I am not suggesting that you should forget, just do the Christian thing - forgive and move on.

By constantly dredging this up, the anger is fed. Keeping this incident alive is not helping. Let it go. Don't feed the beast. It's counterproductive.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I met Jim Zumbo at a sports show in California, and bought a cookbook from him, to give to a friend's wife. That was a few years before the gaffe.

For myself, for years I didn't care for military style rifles. I finally bought an AR when Kerry was surging in the polls. Now I have several of them.

<shrug>

this year:

[Linked Image]

last year:

[Linked Image]

pretty eclectic tastes, and don't plan to change.

AR's can be pretty accurate (note these are 10 shot groups)

[Linked Image]

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I will even go so far as to suggest that some never actually read what Zumbo wrote, or what was written and done after he realised his gaffe.

I read what he wrote, the day he posted it, and followed the firestorm which followed as people started replying on his blog.

Given that similar statements from people identifying as shooters were trotted out in support of bans on semiautomatic firearms here in Oz. I had no sympathy for him. He stepped on his own dick, but in doing so betrayed his fellows.

Until this thread I had largely forgotten him. If he's worked to mitigate the damage that is no more than should be expected, but better than some others have done.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Jim Zumbo should get as much credit as Bill Clinton and Barack Obama when it comes to increasing the number of gun owners in America.

They all help us........

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I hunted elk in southern Co. with guys who guied him on the same ranch I was on.

They were not impressed with ole Jim.

I believe the terms, dumb phfuck and dueshbag were associated with him....

That and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Just saying....

We did laugh our azzes off at the stories they were telling about him.

Tony

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

By constantly dredging this up, the anger is fed. Keeping this incident alive is not helping. Let it go. Don't feed the beast. It's counterproductive.

Anger, in certain circumstances, is good. Anger reminds that the enemy is often within our ranks, considered one of us. Anger reminds those who might do similar things of what can happen.

Zumbo and his ilk, many of which reside on this forum, are as much the enemy to our rights as Pelosi or Schumer, and left unattended, are often capable of even more damage.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I frequently open my mouth just so I can change feet.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was never a fan, but he equalled the Nations service rifle with the same vile muslim enemy that we have been forced to fight! Sorry I will not ever buy a book by him or read anything he writes! That is also one of the great things about America, he is free to say anything he wants to and I am free not to listen!

Last edited by gmsemel; 02/03/16.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BullShooter
... What if John Barsness wrote a weblog entry that all pink camo hunting rifles needed to be banned by the federal government, that they were only used by women and fairies and he wanted them banned from the hunting woods and obsession outlawed? ...

(emphasis added}

shaman-

In your professional shamanic opinion, is it even theoretically possible that some persons might obsess over pink camo hunting rifles?

How might such obsession be manifested? How might the obsession be recognized by us common non-shamans?

--Bob

Sorry I missed this. I was on the road giving meteorology lectures to the groundhogs. It's a busy time of year for us shamanic types.

Look, if folks can obsess on black rifles, I would think pink rifles would be possible. Frankly I can't stand pink rifles, and if I had my way, pink rifles and the 270 WIN would be barred from the hunting woods. However, that's just my eccentric view of things, and I understand the slippery slope. Therefore I do not openly advocate for it.

I do not feel as strongly about pink rifles as I do the 270 Winchester. However, describing my feelings about 270 WIN may give you some idea. I've been angered by the very sight of the 270 WIN, and it is problem I've been having since I was first left to my own devices in a barbershop when I was 5. In over fifty years, I have never been able to bring myself to fire a round in 270 WIN. I dislike articles written about 270 WIN. I dislike rifles chambered in 270 WIN, even though the same identical rifle in 30-06 may please me to no end. Whenever I read an article or see a picture of somebody's successful hunt, I mentally put an asterisk by it, kind of "yes, but it was taken with (ugh!) a 270 WIN."

As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass.

On the other hand, I have the exact opposite reaction to 35 Whelen. I find the 35 Whelen soothing. Just saying it, "Thirty Five Whelen," makes me feel good. I keep a round of 35 Whelen with a 200 grain Rem Corelokt next to my chair in the cave. When I am feeling stressed, I pick it up and roll it around in my hand and it makes me feel calm and peaceful. It has gotten quite a workout these past few years with Obama, and all. Some of the guilding metal is giving way on one edge of the bullet and there is a hint of the underlying lead peaking through.

Pink rifles do not have nearly the effect on me, but I suppose it would be the same thing. Zumbo's problem is that he let these eccentricities control his life.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man, we are so much closer than I ever realized.. LOL... now if you just had a hatred for Ruger. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well BOTH you and 'shaman' are banned from my 'memory'.

I don't remember ever talking to y'all and can't remember your handles.

OTOH - Zumbo did apologize and CHANGE his positions. I give him more credit than you two bozos.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

(emphasis added}

shaman-

--Bob

Sorry I missed this. I was on the road giving meteorology lectures to the groundhogs. It's a busy time of year for us shamanic types.

Look, if folks can obsess on black rifles, I would think pink rifles would be possible. Frankly I can't stand pink rifles, and if I had my way, pink rifles and the 270 WIN would be barred from the hunting woods. However, that's just my eccentric view of things, and I understand the slippery slope. Therefore I do not openly advocate for it.

I do not feel as strongly about pink rifles as I do the 270 Winchester. However, describing my feelings about 270 WIN may give you some idea. I've been angered by the very sight of the 270 WIN, and it is problem I've been having since I was first left to my own devices in a barbershop when I was 5. In over fifty years, I have never been able to bring myself to fire a round in 270 WIN. I dislike articles written about 270 WIN. I dislike rifles chambered in 270 WIN, even though the same identical rifle in 30-06 may please me to no end. Whenever I read an article or see a picture of somebody's successful hunt, I mentally put an asterisk by it, kind of "yes, but it was taken with (ugh!) a 270 WIN."

As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass.

On the other hand, I have the exact opposite reaction to 35 Whelen. I find the 35 Whelen soothing. Just saying it, "Thirty Five Whelen," makes me feel good. I keep a round of 35 Whelen with a 200 grain Rem Corelokt next to my chair in the cave. When I am feeling stressed, I pick it up and roll it around in my hand and it makes me feel calm and peaceful. It has gotten quite a workout these past few years with Obama, and all. Some of the guilding metal is giving way on one edge of the bullet and there is a hint of the underlying lead peaking through.

Pink rifles do not have nearly the effect on me, but I suppose it would be the same thing. Zumbo's problem is that he let these eccentricities control his life.

Geesus, get help man, you need it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well BOTH you and 'shaman' are banned from my 'memory'.

I don't remember ever talking to y'all and can't remember your handles.

OTOH - Zumbo did apologize and CHANGE his positions. I give him more credit than you two bozos.

Jerry

To help you out, there is an ignore button available. LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

(emphasis added}

shaman-

--Bob

Extraordinary insight as usual Shaman. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Would you mind sharing your source for this ridiculous claim?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Jack O'connor hunted a lot of areas that require non residents to hire a guide.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pugs

Extraordinary insight as usual Shaman. grin

Many thanks. Now, having said all that, let me remind you what I wrote at the time of the Zumbo incident. . .

. . . no, I mean the other thing I wrote, silly. Besides, I was highly intoxicated at the time. If you remember, I'd burned my hand and had no Ibuprofen at camp, and I'd had to dunk the hand in ice water and kill the pain with scotch. Besides, you all seemed to have fun at the time reading it.

What I was referring to was that was that although I might abhor black rifles in the woods every bit as much as Zumbo, but that I would defend to the death a man's right to keep and bear them. That's true about rifles with pink stocks chambered in 270 Winchester, and in keeping with what I wrote at the time, you can show up at deer camp with one, but I would prefer that you hunt on the next ridge over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
... As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass. ...

Shaman-
I appreciate your dissertation that my query somehow prompted.

I suspect that as a spiteful response to the 270, a 256 Newton would have exceeded the 270. Based on a slightly modified 30-06 case, Newton's cartridge was introduced about the same time (1913) that the 270's long gestation began. At true 6.5mm cartridge, it's what the 270 wants to be when it grows up and loses 0.013" of baby fat. Admittedly, because one can't buy cartridges for the Newton at the local Mart, it's not quite as practical as the 270.

I'm uncertain what role practicality may play in a shamanesque environment.

--Bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[
Shaman-

I suspect that as a spiteful response to the 270, a 256 Newton would have exceeded the 270. Based on a slightly modified 30-06 case, Newton's cartridge was introduced about the same time (1913) that the 270's long gestation began. At true 6.5mm cartridge, it's what the 270 wants to be when it grows up and loses 0.013" of baby fat. Admittedly, because one can't buy cartridges for the Newton at the local Mart, it's not quite as practical as the 270.

--Bob

What role? I would say as little as possible. I once had a college professor who had "Through Absurdity, Truth." written in Latin up on the wall of his office. One of the chief purposes of the shaman is to do just that.

Or as one of my colleagues once said: "I provide comfort to the disquieted, while disquieting the comfortable." The trick is to stay on that ragged edge; you don't want them putting you on IGNORE, just enough to keep them tuning in to see what the crazy bugger is going to write next.

.256 Newton is rather neutral in my book, and I'm quite well disposed to 280 Remington. I suspect the 270 thing was due to reading too many magazines in the barbershop, and doing so at such an impressionable age left me with lasting scars.

They're not necessarily permanent either. I was similarly vitriolic about 308 Winchester until about 15 years ago and now a 308 WIN rifle is my favorite deer gun. I suppose if someone went back and researched it , they could find the issues of Outdoor Life that did this too me-- probably starting the summer of '64 or thereabouts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

In 2007 Randy Marsh missed the word "nagger" on TV he had to find Jesse Jackson the head of all blacks to apologize.

In 2007 Zumbo dissed AR15 ownership rights, he had to find Ted Nugent, the head of all hunters to apologize.

[Linked Image]

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

And I've quickly learned conservative "rebels" are no more conservative than conservative "yankees" are. I'm more socially conservative than the vast majority of them. But back to Zumbo. I could care less if he said Remington 700's need banned. One mans opinions don't move me that deeply. My grandfathers were both war veterans and hunters and they both felt "assault" rifles should be banned. I never hated them because of it.

Family can be cull too. If you don't fight stupid where you find it, then what the hell are you doing to help? Obviously not a damned thing.

Congrats?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
... As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass. ...

Shaman-

--Bob

You guys really need to go kill some stuff. Bunch of whack jobs..... grin

You really sit around thinking about this shidt? LMAO.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Family can be cull too. If you don't fight stupid where you find it, then what the hell are you doing to help? Obviously not a damned thing.

Congrats?

These are WWII and a Korean war veteran that you are referring to as "culls". I thought the Conservative way was to honor our vets?

Last edited by moosemike; 02/06/16.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Someone's service does not give them a pass to support the removal of rights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know if anybody else picked up on this but I think Jim Zumbo posted in this thread.............Twice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if anybody else picked up on this but I think Jim Zumbo posted in this thread.............Twice.

That thought crossed my mind with one suspective post...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Congrats?

These are WWII and a Korean war veteran that you are referring to as "culls". I thought the Conservative way was to honor our vets?

Voting for the likes of Obama and Bernie is the greatest disservice one can do to Veterans. Men that fought and died to protect the Constitution and people elect people that want to destroy it.

You ain't the smart one in the family, are you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never voted for Obama and I'm sure not voting for Sanders, azzhat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand why his dislike for AR-15's and hunting too. My cousins started out with semi-auto 22's. We had single shots. We would end up with the rabbits and squirrels. They'd end up with empty boxes of shells.

Good post.

Not a Zumbo fan...not a Zumbo hater.

Not a fan of the AR for hunting anything but what they were originally designed for, and yes, I have/shoot ARs.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The often used term "Fudd," while somewhat annoying, is apparent when viewing threads like this.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Someone's service does not give them a pass to support the removal of rights.
This

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Good post.

Not a Zumbo fan...not a Zumbo hater.

Not a fan of the AR for hunting anything but what they were originally designed for, and yes, I have/shoot ARs.

But bet you hunt with bolt guns.... lets see now... 1903 springfield ring any bells....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Liking or not liking a certain gun, tool, car, etc. is everyone's right..where that right becomes offensive is when the dislike is an affront to my rights. Zumbo made this mistake. At least he had the balls to say what many feel, including many on this very site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The often used term "Fudd," while somewhat annoying, is apparent when viewing threads like this.

I have zero interest in AR's so perhaps I'm a Fudd. Of course there are few things I enjoy more than an AK-47 and a couple magazines of x39's. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
9mm handguns and 223 ARs are the biggest sellers.

Go to the range and that is what young people are shooting.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Clarkm
9mm handguns and 223 ARs are the biggest sellers.

Go to the range and that is what young people are shooting.

Thanks Clark -

My S-W 6906, 9 mil is my fav self defense weapon. grin
Guess that makes me "young". laugh

B T W - I am 66. frown

Actually -- I wish I had gotten it in S-W 40 but I am too well stocked on components to even consider swapping. Oh Well.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fudd
Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.
"See sonny, all those pistols in that cabinet... all thems is good for is killin people." -Example of ignorant comment from a fudd at a local gun shop. See also: Zumbo.

Zumbo
1.) A person who speaks from ignorance.

2.) A person who has his head buried so far up his ass he can't see the truth.

See that Zumbo over there, he used to be a well known outdoor writer until he pissed off the masses with some ignorant statement about banning guns.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I blame people more who should know better.
I can't think of any examples that are worse than a gun writer that writes the 2nd should be infringed.

I'm thinking.... a child protective officer that rapes toddlers.

Ok, that's worse.
Zumbo should get out of jail before THAT guy.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can't think of any examples that are worse than a gun writer than thinks the 2nd should be infringed.

Very well stated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I can't think of any examples that are worse than a gun writer than thinks the 2nd should be infringed.

Very well stated.

But again, Jim Zumbo was never, ever a gunwriter. He wasn't even a gun guy.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
the never a gun guy is obvious, might have been a liberal democrat all those years for all I can tell.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Not hardly--but as moosemike stated, Zumbo never was a gun writer. He was a Fudd hunting writer.

John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 44 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.