Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What finally fixed it ?

There's a bunch of threads that I'm still biting my nails on waiting for an answer. eek

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What finally fixt it? My neighbor.

Carburated '67 ford truck. Intermittently would start fine, or not, but "not" quite often once was warmed up. Unfortunately, while can follow a shop manual am not otherwise a mechanic. Gave truck to TWO local mechanics, the second guy asked him to keep/drive it for the week. Couldn't find anything wrong...

Pull in driveway getting home from the second shop, pop the hood, poking around looking for inspiration when my neighbor buddy walks over. He's not a mechanic either, but he's tinkered on his GTO and others for years. So share with him what's been happening.

"Fuel or ignition, you think?"

"Fuel," I say.

"You got a minute? Let's just start simple and see." Sure, what the hell, right?

Sprays some carb cleaner around, low and behold the two gaskets (spacer) below carb and a third, the carb's top cover all leaked like sieves, in part because most fasteners were between loose and not-tight. Cleaned/replaced/tightened them up? Fixed.

Took a knowledgeable shade-tree mechanic neighbor one minute to find what two free-standing shops couldn't in a week and a half?. Blows the mind. At least I learned something.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Buy your neighbor a beer!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A miss? Start the engine and turn off all the lights. You'd be amazed at how a spark plug wire or distributor cap leak will flash in the dark.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2001 Ford Explorer: heater stopped working. Would occasionally come back to like after hitting a bump.

Did a core flush; no joy. Blend door fine.

So onto heater control valve: pulled the vac line, reapplied, and tapped the unit lightly with a hammer couple times.....works now.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 51 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,727
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.