Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Prowling cats are more of a problem in my area than dogs..

Molon Labe
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel

One of our neighbors said they hadn't seen their cat in a couple weeks. After tap dancing all over the GTO for most of that 2 weeks in my garage, I couldn't hardly tell them the last time I saw their cat, he was headed toward a dumpster...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GOTDAMN those tracks would piss me off too!!!!! mad mad

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Mink
I am one of those that thinks any dog raised right is not a menace. The damn owners should be shot IMO as well. Hope the pup (Moms) came out alright.
Sorry, but the pit bull breed has a touch of schizophrenia. They've been known to snap for reasons totally unknown and attack anyone and everyone. Even highly trained ones have turned killer without reason and many people have paid the price, even their owners. I won't allow one on my property.

The same has been said about Dobermans, German Shepherds and Rottweilers at one point or another. Irresponsible breeding combined with even more irresponsible ownership can always result in deviations from the norm. Just my opinion.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
They just have something not quite right bred into them. What gets me, though, is the owners that allow them to live even AFTER they have shown their true colors. If they had been MY dogs, I would have personally put them down after they got ahold of my Mom's Chihuahua a year ago.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I am one of those that thinks any dog raised right is not a menace. The damn owners should be shot IMO as well. Hope the pup (Moms) came out alright.
Sorry, but the pit bull breed has a touch of schizophrenia. They've been known to snap for reasons totally unknown and attack anyone and everyone. Even highly trained ones have turned killer without reason and many people have paid the price, even their owners. I won't allow one on my property.

The same has been said (with justification) about Dobermans, German Shepherds and Rottweilers at one point or another. Irresponsible breeding combined with even more irresponsible ownership can always result in deviations from the norm. Just my opinion.

I would add the red parenthetical.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Prowling cats are more of a problem in my area than dogs..

I always thought that garbage bags with reinforced mesh incorporated into the fabric would be a good thing.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I love people and their tough attack dogs. My dog Sparky killed a pit bull that someone had not kept under control. Sparky was frolicking around in an open field near a park when the pit bull attacked him.

Big mistake! The pit bull died when he choked on Sparky...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of my 1st wife's uncles raised sheep on a farm close to town. One the roaming dogs from the subdivision found the sheep and brought several of his buddies back to visit. Chased and killed a half dozen ewes and lambs. I'd sit up on a hills and watch for them to return. A 25-06 100 grain hollow point drops them like lightening. I could get as many as 4 or 5 in an a morning. The survivors would bring new members in the following weeks. We'd throw the carcasses brush/trash pile and keep quiet.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

On my deer lease, they had one friendly cat who hung out at the cabin, and probably 20 ferals who would run like hell when they saw a person. But zero mice in the cabin. The friendly cat finally died of old age, 18 or 22, depending on who you talk to. The ranch hand also decided about then to thin the ferals, and got all but a couple of them.

So my last deer hunt, I walk in the cabin, and there are two dead mice in the toilet, several live ones running around, and droppings here & there. I set out traps and caught three of them. And spent a lot of time vacuuming, because I really don't need to deal with hantavirus.

I'd rather have cats than mice. Hopefully you won't wind up missing the cat... smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If the dog was attacking, then you did nothing wrong, but theres a lot of you guys that don't understand the breed , I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me, they're not dogs for inexperienced owners, and thats why there is problems with them. about 5% of the owners that have them should have them, they're stubborn, powerful, intelligent breed, but you can't train them like some sissy ass lab or a bird dog. Given the right training, and a knowledgeable individual they are fantastic dogs, my training would be called border line animal abuse, but my dogs mind, and know who the boss is, all it takes is a look and they are running to their corners.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pit bulls are the muslims of the canine world.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good job Hawk!

People that let their dogs roam around really piss me off, irresponsible pet owners are almost as bad as liberals.

What did the cops say?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Deputy patted me on the back. Literally.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by T LEE
... had to shoot a pit as well. Guy turned it loose on them,

I sure hope he got a new charge for turning the dog on them.

Nope, he just let it out, didn't tell it to "get em", the dog did that on it's own.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tjm10025
... had to shoot a pit as well. Guy turned it loose on them,

I sure hope he got a new charge for turning the dog on them.

Nope, he just let it out, didn't tell it to "get em", the dog did that on it's own.

Which is a very telling point about pit bulls.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

[Linked Image]

On my deer lease, they had one friendly cat who hung out at the cabin, and probably 20 ferals who would run like hell when they saw a person. But zero mice in the cabin. The friendly cat finally died of old age, 18 or 22, depending on who you talk to. The ranch hand also decided about then to thin the ferals, and got all but a couple of them.
. And spent a lot of time vacuuming, because I really don't need to deal with hantavirus.

I'd rather have cats than mice. Hopefully you won't wind up missing the cat... smirk

Hanta virus comes almost exclusively from deer mice, not house mice.

I was called many years ago to a report where two Rottweilers had broken into a lady's house while she was away for a couple of days. They killed her border collie (and were using it for a dog bed), killed an exotic parrot the lady was boarding and tore up her carpet, walls and beds. SHe got home and shot one of them with a 10-22 with no apparent affect.

I went in to shoot them and my supv made me give the dog catcher first grab at them with a catch pole. He jumped in front of me as I was drawing down on the dog and and snagged it. I had to dump the shotgun and grab the pole and we had a fight on our hands.

This was the second time they had been out. Owner was jailed and fined $16,000 in ADDITION to restitution and someone else got to shoot the damn dogs! One of the rare times when justice was served.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Cattle are bred for certain characteristics. Horses are bred for certain characteristics. DOGS are bred for certain characteristics!!!

I love it when folks get on here and start telling us how their big bad azz killer guard dog, that was BRED to be a big bad azz killer guard dog, is just SO gentle and SO wonderful with people and kids. So are they just WONDERFUL trainers, overcoming HUNDREDS of years of breeding, or did they get lucky??

If I want a herding dog, I get a collie or healer. If I want a hunting dog, I get a pointer or setter or lab. If you want a good pet, you get a dog that has good "pet" characteristics. Foremost, that it isn't capable of killing small children or inflicting more than just a few mild flesh wounds if it decides to go beserk...

You don't try to make an Indy car out of a pickup truck. You don't haul your boat with a Honda Civic. Why in the helll do some folks insist on trying to make a pit bull or rott into a family pet??

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good post.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Cattle are bred for certain characteristics. Horses are bred for certain characteristics. DOGS are bred for certain characteristics!!!

I love it when folks get on here and start telling us how their big bad azz killer guard dog, that was BRED to be a big bad azz killer guard dog, is just SO gentle and SO wonderful with people and kids. So are they just WONDERFUL trainers, overcoming HUNDREDS of years of breeding, or did they get lucky??

If I want a herding dog, I get a collie or healer. If I want a hunting dog, I get a pointer or setter or lab. If you want a good pet, you get a dog that has good "pet" characteristics. Foremost, that it isn't capable of killing small children or inflicting more than just a few mild flesh wounds if it decides to go beserk...

You don't try to make an Indy car out of a pickup truck. You don't haul your boat with a Honda Civic. Why in the helll do some folks insist on trying to make a pit bull or rott into a family pet??
they weren't bred to be guard dogs....

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,890 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.