Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dustylongshot
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I think a little forgiveness would go a long way in this situation.

When someone profits off an industry and community for decades, and then sticks a knife in their back, it's pretty tough to forgive. But it goes beyond that as that sort of betrayal is what contributes to the incremental chipping away at the 2nd amendment.

The popularity of AR's has been a huge boon to the shooting and sporting arms industry, those in the industry should all be extremely thankful for that.

What it really reeks of is elitism, which is something I can't stand. You can pick most any sport or pastime and there will be the elitists who look down their nose at anyone who doesn't use the same equipment or techniques they do. Whether it's fly fishermen, stick and string bowyers, blued steel and walnut shooters, etc., etc.,

This well written and I fully agree! Jim Zumbo needs to go.

Go where? Did you not read the title of this thread? He's already gone.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Where did he go is not the same as gone. He has his own site that need to be not visited...

http://www.jimzumbo.com

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Dustylongshot
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I think a little forgiveness would go a long way in this situation.

When someone profits off an industry and community for decades, and then sticks a knife in their back, it's pretty tough to forgive. But it goes beyond that as that sort of betrayal is what contributes to the incremental chipping away at the 2nd amendment.

The popularity of AR's has been a huge boon to the shooting and sporting arms industry, those in the industry should all be extremely thankful for that.

What it really reeks of is elitism, which is something I can't stand. You can pick most any sport or pastime and there will be the elitists who look down their nose at anyone who doesn't use the same equipment or techniques they do. Whether it's fly fishermen, stick and string bowyers, blued steel and walnut shooters, etc., etc.,

This well written and I fully agree! Jim Zumbo needs to go.

Go where? Did you not read the title of this thread? He's already gone.

To hell would be a good place!

P

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Where did he go is not the same as gone. He has his own site that need to be not visited...

Thanks for publicizing his site!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
He has his own site.

http://www.jimzumbo.com/

Don't thank me, just read previous posts...

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

If he's gone to the point that people have to ask where he is, he's gone.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Can you tell me where Tom Cruise is right now? I'm sure you don't know, but he sure isn't gone because you don't know where he is...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He has his own site.

Shrapnel,

I was joking! Maybe I should have added one of these grin . My point was that if you don't want people to go to Zumbo's website, it might not be a great idea to post a link to the site.

As for as his comments about AR-15's, I've already said that it was a stupid thing to do. I own several AR's and just got back from shooting a 3 gun match with an AR. So you're preaching to the choir on that one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowmanh
He has his own site.

Shrapnel,

I was joking! Maybe I should have added one of these grin . My point was that if you don't want people to go to Zumbo's website, it might not be a great idea to post a link to the site.

I do understand, no harm here. I only reposted that link to illustrate the scumbag was still profiting from the very people he stabbed in the back and yet they are willing participants in the whole debacle....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim Zumbo was an inspiration to me.

He inspired me to buy an AR15 (true story)

I wonder how many others were so inspired by Jim Zumbo ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
It is unfortunate in the fund-raising world that by spending $4 on mailers and phone calls, the result is $5 incoming, for a net gain of $1, that wouldn't be there at all without the wasteful expenditure of the $4.

Also, I am told that one can opt out of those fund-raising mailers, though I haven't done it myself.

I haven't received one in years.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Can you tell me where Tom Cruise is right now? I'm sure you don't know, but he sure isn't gone because you don't know where he is...

Google both of them. Zumbo's most recent "in the news" was 2007.

Tom Cruise was 13 hours ago.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can just bet what your first grade teacher had to put up with...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I can just bet what your first grade teacher had to put up with...

Sister JoJean didn't put up with anything even remotely resembling hijinks.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in a hunting camp with Zumbo, once upon a time & long ago.

It was with a well known & highly renown, Montana guide & we were hunting the wilderness area of the Selway.

Zumbo was well over weight, not too articulate or personable & not very gun knowledgeable in the least; he was there to kill an easy elk, on a comp'ed hunt & write a story about it, pure & simple.

The 1st day of hunting, Zumbo was horse-backed(he sure as hell couldn't have hiked there) into the prime honeyhole & sure enough, killed a nice 320 class bull before noon.

He was gone & out of camp by the next morning, a 12 mile ride out to the rail head. So much for the "experience".

To say that I was unimpressed with Zumbo in every possible way would be an understatement.........but the story that he would write about the hunt, according to the outfitter, was worth $20K in advertising.

FWIW, I hunted as hard as I've ever hunted in my entire life over the next 6 days, mostly on foot, in the Selway rain jungle.......10 mile days were common, & never saw a single shootable bull.

But I did get the Selway experience.

MM

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I too get tired of elitists and people who are stuck in the past. I've used the M1A in competition and Ive used AR15 match rifles as well. There wouldn't be so many people out there switching to AR platforms if they didnt work. More AR platforms have made it into the hands of designated marksmen and you cant find a serious predator hunter who is isnt using one

As for modern practical use, the M14 is a one-trick pony. The modern M4 is far more versatile.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The part that really pisses me off about the JZ stupidity is the FACT a certain well-known writer from the same staff backed him on his story and never was taken to task for his written and posted word.

Same fat POS was photographed by a good friend on a Kodiak blacktail hunt... well, if you consider staying [bleep] the whole time and getting someone to take pictures of you with someone else's deer "hunting"... rolling drunk out of the skiff into the water and then sitting on the beach drinking until picked up "hunting"... but being recognized as an optics expert...

Too many standards are too incident specific.

JZ pissed off a bunch of people in the industry and they had to find a way to disown him. He gave them that and deserves everything he got, and more.

But a certain, highly respected (by some) writer deserves the same...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fahq him. Nothing worse than a traitor sucking up to the enemy for his own gain masquerading as a gun owner and pretending to speak for them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

While I don't read all the gun magazines, I have not heard anything about him or by him for quite some time. I wonder if he retired or what.

Why would you care?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I remember Jim Zumbo's blog post like it was yesterday, and I remember all the campers getting their panties in a wad, thinking we should be cutting the guy some slack.

Me? I wrote Outdoor Life and told them that if they did not disavow his blog post and sever all ties with Mister Z, I'd cancel my subscription and never subscribe again. I didn't get an answer, and the next thing I knew, Jib was getting "rehabilitated" at Planet Nuge. That's when I decided Nuge was off my list too. I'd been a subscriber to OL since 1969 and a reader since 1965.

The shaman's Eulogy for Jim Zumbo

. . . lest we forget.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,319
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.