Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by robear
I gotta' agree with Hammond. If the state's spending oil revenues, people grump but don't really get serious about it. When they start spending income tax dollars there will be a whole 'nother level of scrutiny.

Very good point.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
open the tax faucet on individuals and enterprise , waste the revenue and let future generations suffer the consequences ,they don't care , they will all be living large on the fortunes they made as a result of being a civil "servant". Sad really. Lets run this state into the ground , hell they've done it to our nation why not this state too. If Bernie doesn't win maybe he could come up here and be our next governor.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Correct on many points; however, I don't see our governor giving a tinker's dam about his tenure in office. What he pulled with his election and choosing the partner we have as light gov. sorta tells me this...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Being from NY I can assure you that once the tax flood gates are open, those 52 employees will quickly become thousands......it's a bottomless cesspool.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Welcome to the jungle and the lower 48.

You had a long run...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by humdinger

You had a long run...

Like minnisota; they started electing democrats and it turned to chit.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Correct on many points; however, I don't see our governor giving a tinker's dam about his tenure in office. What he pulled with his election and choosing the partner we have as light gov. sorta tells me this...

You can read sign, Sir.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by robear
I gotta' agree with Hammond. If the state's spending oil revenues, people grump but don't really get serious about it. When they start spending income tax dollars there will be a whole 'nother level of scrutiny.

Very good point.

I remember that being an argument against repealing the state income tax. It was in effect removing a citizens reason and ability to complain about expenditures. It's not *tax* dollars being wasted.

Of course in those days the state spent like a drunk sailor in a whorehouse with a stolen credit card.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by watch4bear

You had a long run...

You have a problem that only you can fix.

You're upset the people of Alaska voted in a democrat governor. Blame yourself and your neighbor.

Federal funding is getting cut and it sounds like your governor is finding ways to pay for services you enjoy... snow plows, snow plow drivers, roads, emergency services, welfare, drug rehab & alcoholic rehab, subsidized hospitals, paying doctor school loans so you have health care.

You're paying for what you use so suck it up and take care of yourselves. Or go out and live off the grid and stay off the internet at the same time.

If you're so upset about democrats... Blame your girl for blowing it for McCain. She didn't even stay full term as Governor so your people voted in a democrat. Apparently this guy has balls to make changes and not quit.

Good luck with your new taxes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

You had a long run...

You have a problem that only you can fix.

You're upset the people of Alaska voted in a democrat governor. Blame yourself and your neighbor.

Federal funding is getting cut and it sounds like your governor is finding ways to pay for services you enjoy... snow plows, snow plow drivers, roads, emergency services, welfare, drug rehab & alcoholic rehab, subsidized hospitals, paying doctor school loans so you have health care.

You're paying for what you use so suck it up and take care of yourselves. Or go out and live off the grid and stay off the internet at the same time.

If you're so upset about democrats... Blame your girl for blowing it for McCain. She didn't even stay full term as Governor so your people voted in a democrat. Apparently this guy has balls to make changes and not quit.

Good luck with your new taxes.

Anything else you do not know about Alaska that you feel a need to explain to us poor ignorant hicks?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Goofy bastard must have fell out of his tree stand.

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope. Your guy made a sarcastic comment about Minnesota and couldn't even spell it right. You have your opinions and he doesn't know anything about my state.

Alaska is what you see on all those TV shows that romanticize it and Alaska State Troopers where they show alcoholics and druggies driving around being stupid.

It sucks you have to start paying taxes now, but welcome to being part of the united states. You have to pay for those soldiers that keep us free and keep Russia from invading you. Oil revenue is dropping so you can't depend on the lower 48 to keep you funded like the past... sounds strangely like...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Minesota , not even worth spelling right"...There is your new state slogan...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It sucks you have to start paying taxes now, but welcome to being part of the united states.

your a special kind of stupid ain't ya grin Any relation to Al Franken?

MOLON LABE

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It sucks you have to start paying taxes now, but welcome to being part of the united states. You have to pay for those soldiers that keep us free and keep Russia from invading you. Oil revenue is dropping so you can't depend on the lower 48 to keep you funded like the past... sounds strangely like...

Wtf you get into grandpas cough medicine we pay federal taxes you dumb ass.. We also pay a pretty heft property taxes as well.. A lot of cities also have a sales tax..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BCJR
"Minesota , not even worth spelling right"...There is your new state slogan...

Hummer will be stamping that into license plates soon!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ah.. you guys are whining about your oil welfare money running out and having to pay for your own services....

I thought you were a bunch of self reliant tough individuals that get by with no one else's help.

Maybe you should tax the Kilchers and Alaska Bush People and get Sarah another show to help fund your life style.

Sarah can save you. She can see Russia from her door step and she reads all the papers and is up on things.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"It sucks you have to start paying taxes now, but welcome to being part of the united states. You have to pay for those soldiers that keep us free and keep Russia from invading you. Oil revenue is dropping so you can't depend on the lower 48 to keep you funded like the past... sounds strangely like... "

Wait a minute we don't pay federal income tax? Holy [bleep] Ive been sending the IRS money for no reason? Maybe they should start making reality TV in Minesota , This week on land of 10,000 idiots.... ice fishing in August.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You alaka guys are real sensitive aren't you.

You're whining that you may have to pay taxes to pay for your schools and snow plows, your oil money is running low, and you have a governor is more concerned about funding the state than getting re-elected.

You may think you're isolated up there, but Walker and your legislative system (people that you voted in) has found a way to fund the services that you use. I think you're politicians got smart and looked at how the other states fund themselves.

Paying taxes suck and you're getting a bunch of new ones similar to other states. Other states didn't have oil money to carry them so it was just a matter of time before the bubble burst.

Good luck. Get out and vote if you want to change things.
In summation...

Your loss of Alaka oil money has made my North Dakota oil money all the sweeter.

And your dumb Sarah ruined it for all of us and we could have had McCain in there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Being from NY I can assure you that once the tax flood gates are open, those 52 employees will quickly become thousands......it's a bottomless cesspool.

That's my biggest concern. And I think it also speaks to why we're having trouble cutting things. Certainly there are plenty of ways yet that cuts can be made. The trouble is that people have a hard time with the belt tightening.

Alaska's population has grown tremendously in the past 30 years. Alaska can't support the population it presently has. Perhaps we need to start exporting some of the more recent immigrants? crazy

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,339
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.