Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Maybe I could talk Gary, and Saddlring into driving out. If we take my TDI Golf, and tag team the driving. I have to think about that. I'd rather fly, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, I'd rather fly too. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't show up if it were 2000 miles away. Not much room in my budget for cross-country vacations.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can show my collection gary....better call it the Bubba booth.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see about using the fairgrounds. There is a very nice rile range in town. It goes to three hundred yards. We could have a turkey shoot there I believe. I can see about hunting also. I know the local guide and some land owners. I have a big hunting cabin with lots of parking in a small town about 50 miles out. LESS than two miles from the bar. If it is small gathering we could have it at the fire hall in leadore I would imagine. I believe the steel head would also be biting then also. Archery season would be in full swing. Later in September there is a craw dad feed. Second week of September gives the most hunting opportunity.

Last edited by Angus1895; 01/29/16.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Problem with long trips that have other stuff to offer (fishing, hunting, Yellowstone, hitting gun shops in the northeast, etc) is what to do with the display guns I bring while I'm doing other stuff? Hate dragging them around or leaving them unattended, even if they are locked up in a vehicle.

Northeast has one solution, just have to rent out part of Loggah's vault for the week. grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, have it at Don's. Good plan.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't know, those crawdads are sounding good!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yeah, have it at Don's. Good plan.

Hey now.. you're gonna get me in trouble. Besides, he's got better taste than to have a bunch of yahoos like us around. grin

Some flashbacks to 2014...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice to think about. Thanks Rory.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Back East the have bigger Craw dads, I belive they are called "Lobster" Seem to rember Savage fest #2 Doug "Fug99" brought them from Maine with him, to this day one of the finest meals that iv ever had!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Theres about enough room in the vault for 6 people to stand! :)I just hate to travel thru anti gun states,with all the new unconstitutional regulations out there ! mad mad i always anyone here is welcome to come visit !!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How about more than one regional fest? The timing could be staggered, to make it possible to attend more than one. I can see the Nebraska and Kansas guys going both east and west, or the Illinois and Wisconsin guys, or the Michigan. That way, we could have one within a couple of days, or one really long day drive. Sorry about the Kiwis and Aussies!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Loggah wants to host a savage fest I would Get FROGGY and jump on that deal!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got friends I need to visit in Bozeman, MT and Wayan, ID! How many ever heard of Wayan?

Bruce
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Last crawdads I had were not lobsters from Main, but they were crawdads from that lake the Cartwrights burned up on the the map at the beginning of each episode of Bonanza.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sure was a great weekend. Fest and Jed's wedding.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any location would work for me but zone 1 -West would be easiest. You don't want to come to Hawaii - freight for guns would be prohibitive and all guns coming into the state have to be registered within so many days. I might be able to take 2 guns to savagefestwest but probably won't since, to me anyway, they are too valuable! Mel

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now that I move to Michigan, you guys move it the other way!

Seriously, I really think I am going to try to make it this year but humping a bunch of guns out west might be a little much for me. I just drove most of them 1500 miles from Texas to Michigan. Now that my father just passed, I have more.

If it is too far to travel with my collection, I may just come by myself. That would be a shame because I do have a nice collection of Savages. Some of which you guys already know about, and others that I don't think most of you have ever seen. Maybe only a few of you. Model70man, 6mm250 and Oldgunsmith have seen most or all of them.

Count me in, but if boomsticks need to be included, I am not sure I will have them. Depends on location. Again, I may just come solo.

Note: If it is out west with an over the counter elk tag available, I am going to bring my 99R in 308 and DL in 284 with also enough money for a tag. That is an awesome idea actually.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correction: I am going to bring my EG in 358. Yup, that one. Might bring my bow as well and just put a Savage sticker on it.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I am thinking...Savage Fest West....but perhaps better yet..Lever Fest West! We gotta have space on the tables for tube mags and hammers!
Blasphemy! There is NO lever gun besides the 99. All others are rank imitations! No sell me that old Winchester for a hundred bucks and be done with it!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
208 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 21 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.