Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Who would even show up to FestWest? George and I would end up drinking all the beer! grin

Don't underestimate the left coast crowd. I think there may be 5 or 6 of us out here!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"The three men initially had gathered together to exchange knowledge on vintage firearms, in an event officials say they dubbed FestWest. Police say the event sparked widespread alarm as the three revelers left the pavilion where the event was headquartered, and took the "festivities" downtown. One spectator called them, "three dirty old men", as she sought a safer locale away from the celebrants.
Police are still adding to the list of charges as witnesses come forward."

LOL
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am willing to do this for mid-August, in the Wellsboro, PA area. Somebody tell me a "Yes" or a "No" on it, so I can get things moving at my end.

I would want:
1) A couple of contacts that have done this before so I don't need to recreate the wheel.
2) Any and all suggestions.
3) A way to know how many will be expected to display, and how many that would attend and not display? Is that possible?
Thanks,
Bob

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might I suggest that rather than a East coast and a West coast in the same year that we do one and the other the following year?

If this works I need to know who/where it would be and when. I will then made a new posting and take a pole of who would come and if they would display or just attend.

I've been looking for a location in my town to have one but being a liberal college town a building has not been found that would work.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Looks like quite a bit of interest in a Pa fest. Count me in.

Al

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the county fair is Aug 8-13, I could probably do the next weekend but not the 27/28.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a big party to help work in Aug. so id be a maybe! not sure when tho!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have nothing planned for August. But we need to nail down a date soon so folks can start planning. I daresay any date selected will infringe on someone's plans. The trick is to minimize that.

I'll be happy to come a day or two early and help with setting up and incidental logistics. (It'll be a good excuse to spend some quality time on the Loyalsock chasing trout.)

Bars, restaurants, lodging close by to these fairgrounds? Closest airport? (Harrisburg, and rent a car?) I don't think Williamsport has anything bigger than a grass airstrip?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in for PA any weekend in August. Need 2-4 tables.
SUGGESTION; Before we get going to fast here,first thing to do is make sure the fairgrounds controlling authority is gun friendly! Since local politics is involved I doubt anything will be unanimous but can't overstate the importance of a clear understanding (in writing would be good) that we would be welcome. My experience was there will be a lot of questions about who coming and what type of firearms will be there, will sales be allowed, and on and on. Be prepared for this and be cool but totally honest.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, what John said. It is a gathering of Savage collectors to "show and tell". It is not an "open to the public" gun show. No partying on site...but we do like to eat. grin

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I can probably come up a day or two early also. If Gary could put up with me that long we could carpool. The only 99 I'd like to share is the Malcolm scoped 22HP, so if I could rent one corner of someone else's table, I'm good to go, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The best nearby airports are:
Williamsport, PA 1 hour away, nice local airport. Not a grass strip.
If you don't mind going through NY state, Elmira, NY is about 1 hour north, about the same size as Williamsport airport.
Biggest and best is Rochester, NY, 3 hours north, and 4-lane hwy most of the way to Wellsboro, but its in NY. Those are the options. No need to go to Harrisburg, as its not much bigger than Williamsport, functionally.

I will connect with the Whitneyville fairgrounds people. There may be other options available. Can anybody give me a rough idea of the dimensions of a space we will need? X feet by X feet for example?
This is all good, and any and all help (offers to show up early, etc) would be much appreciated.
Bob

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like the idea of west one year and east the next, or midwest on an odd year. That way we all get a chance every year or 2 or 3. PA or ID is long way for me but as long as there is a FEST somewhere there is always a chance! And August usually works best. September in ID does offer some other options.....

Bruce
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Very Generous offer Bob, Thanks! I have a better shot at making early August than anything later.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like July 23 and 24 would be the only time I could attend in Pennsylvania. I'll be at the Ohio Gun Collectors the weekend before and can come on over to Pa the next weekend. I can't make two long trips that close together. You guys will probably already have your books by then anyway. August is out anyway since I'll have relatives visiting then.
David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Who would even show up to FestWest? George and I would end up drinking all the beer! grin

Don't underestimate the left coast crowd. I think there may be 5 or 6 of us out here!

I'd Go Any-were in the West. BEER or No Beer!

Last edited by 1899sav; 02/13/16.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1899guy
I am willing to do this for mid-August, in the Wellsboro, PA area. Somebody tell me a "Yes" or a "No" on it, so I can get things moving at my end.

I would want:
1) A couple of contacts that have done this before so I don't need to recreate the wheel.
2) Any and all suggestions.
3) A way to know how many will be expected to display, and how many that would attend and not display? Is that possible?
Thanks,
Bob

I Have Hosted 2, with the Help of Some Fantastic Members Here, and Bruce Savage Up North.
P.M. Me,, i'd Be willing to Give You any Infor that would help

Last edited by 1899sav; 02/13/16.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live on the border of unit 29 and 30 in Idaho. Cow elk rifle near hay orany sex elk archery and deer open in September. Rifle deer October 10. I will be around. Got friends got space and I make my own beer and mead. Small one I think lead ore bigger Salmon. I just ain't got many good uns to show. You see I ain't that worried too much about what the factory did to the firearm or if Bubba did it. My interest in them is if I LIKE it and what I can do WITH it. If some of you wanna come on over I will love to help. We would just need a real collector to commit so it is ..........official.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just want to clarify something. There is absolutely nothing offensive about collecting un molested firearms. I am just a El cheapo bottom feeder

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (44mc, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.