Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I picked up a new Diablo from the classifieds in 2008 and used it hard. Antelope, deer, elk and moose have all been packed out with it. Several of the zipper pulls had broken over the years and this fall the padding on the left shoulder strap popped loose from the nylon strap so I dropped it off to be repaired at their global headquarters when I was down that way. The next day a box was delivered to my home and inside was a brand new pack. If they were sucking up to get my future business, it worked.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awsome

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have sent one of my Badlands back and had them do some modifications to it. They did it in short time and at no charge. Awesome company.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My experience has been good as well. I tore a shoulder strap anchor on a daypack, the 2200 IIRC.

It did take a few days to get a response with a return authorization, but the turn around was about week after sending, and the repair was fully functional, and not visible.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have heard and had nothing but good experiences with badlands customer service regarding repairs. What bothers me is the sheer number of repairs needed especially zippers. They fixed mine and I sold it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Years back I had a zipper blowout on a super day pack. Same good experience as the rest of you. I have a 2200 and a 2800 and never had any issues with either but I wouldnt say I am a hard user like some of you. I need a bigger pack than most to carry size 6XL gear.LOL.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 2200 that some camp varmint chewed holes in. They fixed it and returned it good as new. Quick turnaround also. Great service.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The good news is that their CS is generally pretty good.
The bad news is that you'll definitely need it.

Myself and a bunch of the guys I run with all used to swear by badlands packs. After about 3 dozen broken zippers, many breaking when we needed them most, we've given up. None of use use them anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I replace the broken zip tabs with paracord on my 2800 as they break...
Like it better than the tabs, and they won't break again

No Farmers---No Food
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a strap rip out while packing a mule deer with a 2800. Badlands repaired it promptly with great service.

That said, IMO the strap never should have broken in the first place and I'm now a Mystery Ranch user for that very reason.

All the customer service in the world doesn't do you much good when a product breaks while hauling a load out of the backcountry.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Their new stuff is not near the quality of the old stuff. I was in their booth at the SHOT show. I asked the rep their what their experience was with the newer stuff compared to the older stuff. He just turned and went to another customer. Wouldn't give me the time of day.

I had a 2200 that fell apart. They did a TERRIBLE job fixing it. I called them on it. When I sent it back they accused me of sabotaging it when I got it back. I was livid. It got into a he-said, she-said when I told them that was the way I got it back. They refused to fix it and sent me a new pack. The new pack is not as well made as the old one but has more features and better design.

I would not trust one on a wilderness hunt where things depended on it. I still use mine nearly daily but I know I can get back to the truck and get another pack if needed.

I bought an Eberlestock pack and I hate it. Not sure what would make me happy now.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,479
Posts18,451,860
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.