Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10910288 01/28/16
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
A BC Provincial Court Judge has found a Salmon Arm couple guilty of assault for spanking their 14 year old daughter. It happened on February 14th of last year after they discovered the girl sent nude photos via Snapchat to a young man.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

B
B
Fourteen is way beyond "spanking" age. Mild physical correction is for small children, not adolescents.

Sounds like fear and frustration clouded their judgement, and they made a poor choice and assaulted their daughter under the Criminal Code.

Longbows, single shot rifles, fly rods: Life is good.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I am certainly not against spanking kids by way of discipline and training, but 14 years old may be too late.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Age makes a big difference. Just 14 years ago, they could have aborted her and gotten in less trouble...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Well, a smack on the ass may have prevented a bun in the oven! At 14 tho a talk would have been better..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how did they find out about the spanking?

They facebook it?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
"..the girl sent nude photos via Snapchat to a young man." This is what she's doing at 14 and she's got parents whose parenting skills, apparently, don't go beyond spanking a 14 year old. I don't hold out much hope for this girl.

Mathew 22: 37-39

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like the young man needs a spanking...
doesn't anyone know how to parent anymore?

The parents should of taken her f****** phone and internet privilages away long before this happened.

btw, the whole thing sounds contrived, did they spank her in the mall?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You take away privileges from a 14 year old not spank them. The parents are probably drug addicts or mentally retarded.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
You take away privileges from a 14 year old not spank them. The parents are probably drug addicts or mentally retarded.

Nope, religious.

The judge said the child knew her parents believed the discipline came from their adherence to the Bible, which they said advocates the use of the "rod" to spank, rather than the hand, as hands are to be used as instruments of love.

SALMON ARM , B.C. -- A British Columbia mother and father who used a plastic hockey stick and a skipping rope to spank their 14-year-old daughter have been found guilty of assault with a weapon.

A provincial court heard the couple from Salmon Arm, B.C., wanted to punish their daughter for sending nude photos to a young man over the Internet and instead of being grounded, the teen chose the spanking.

Her father used a mini hockey stick two or three times on his daughter's buttocks over her pyjama pants and when her mother came home, she delivered a similar punishment with a skipping rope.

When the girl went to school with lacerations and bruises, her friends told administrators, who called RCMP.

The father testified during the trial that he had no clue that the law doesn't allow corporal punishment or that he might be breaking the law when he spanked his daughter.

Judge Edmond de Walle said he was troubled by the father's denial of the girl's bruising as described by her friends and there was no evidence he looked at the girl's injuries after the spanking.

"The testimony of the father regarding the injuries to his daughter suggests that he is downplaying the seriousness of the events that took place in the garage of his home," he said in his ruling posted online earlier this month.

"At the very least the father's evidence leads me to conclude that he gave little thought, if any, to the possible injuries suffered by his daughter."

The judge said the child knew her parents believed the discipline came from their adherence to the Bible, which they said advocates the use of the "rod" to spank, rather than the hand, as hands are to be used as instruments of love.

De Walle found the teen could not have consented to such a punishment given the amount of force applied, the use of weapons and seriousness of the assault.

He agreed that any reasonable parent would be concerned about their teen sending nude pictures, but to suggest that responding to such acts with a spanking would educate the girl is simply not believable or acceptable.

"The parents took no educative or corrective steps by seeking out expert help or any other assistance to discuss their daughter's actions with her. Their actions were solely punitive and not corrective."

De Walle also said the punishment was punitive and degrading.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The parents took no educative or corrective steps by seeking out expert help or any other assistance to discuss their daughter's actions with her.

read as: you must consult the government first.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another report indicated the girl had shown bruises on her back side or legs to one or two girls at school. They then reported it to the principal who apparently called the police. I think the father used a plastic hockey stick and the mother a skipping rope.

All I can say is that I am glad my girls are women now.

Jim

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Another report indicated the girl had shown bruises on her back side or legs to one or two girls at school. They then reported it to the principal who apparently called the police. I think the father used a plastic hockey stick....

Wouldn't that just be a 4 minute minor?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim

All I can say is that I am glad my girls are women now.

Jim

Amen to that. We used a wooden spoon, and the most either of them received were five strokes. No bruising, and my wife checked. The last spankings were around eleven years old. Neither of them ever sent nude photos to anyone. They both went to the marriage altar for their first kiss.

I thank the Lord for two exceptional daughters. They both continue to faithfully read their bibles and pray and attend church. They both married men of like faith and conduct.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need to be educated
Please post the bible verses that recommend spanking as a deterant.
If I were to spank my sons at 14 it would of turned into a fist fight, I never "spanked" my children, nor do I have any problem with them, they are productive members of society.
Its ridiculous to spank a 14 year old, stupid.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Snapchat is a tool of perverts & child molesters

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
If the father had checked the alledged bruising, he would probably been charged with sexual assault. I do think the proper response would have been to take the cell phone out, put it on the chopping block, and take the axe to it. As to whether or not corporal punishment is acceptable, I believe there are times when it is but usually it shows weakness on the part of the parent. I hope these parents at least have sense enough to get rid of the cell phones in their home. If I was in the fathers shoes, that girl wouldn't even get money for stamps from me and when she reached the age of majority she would come home to find the locks changed and a suitcase in the yard. GD

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Dollars to donuts says she will not be living in the parents house for some time -- place of safety, and all.

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Age makes a big difference. Just 14 years ago, they could have aborted her and gotten in less trouble...

The sick, sad truth

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

576 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,301
Posts18,449,049
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.