Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The uberness of the VX6 trumps all of my other scopes easily. That include VXIII, Conquest, and Trijicon Accupoint. Really no contest.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My VX-6 has better glass than my Swarovski z5's and actually moved when I twisted the windage when I was sighting it in the first time.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, honest question...
As a competition shooter, do you receive anything from Leupold? Discounts, free/cheap gear, sponsorship etc....in return for promotion? Don't take that as an attack, just wondering in the interest of full disclosure.... I'm a Leupold fan by the way. I shoot clays so I know you were sponsored by Browning at one time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Just got finished shooting one on a 7mag

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

Glad you like them, I hope mine does not have to go back to them again. The Leupold religion is not rational.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Nice to see Leupold never stops trying

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Rick, honest question...
As a competition shooter, do you receive anything from Leupold? Discounts, free/cheap gear, sponsorship etc....in return for promotion? Don't take that as an attack, just wondering in the interest of full disclosure.... I'm a Leupold fan by the way. I shoot clays so I know you were sponsored by Browning at one time.

As a competition shooter I receive not a single discount. I don't do any promotion for Leupold whatsoever.

I speak good about them simply from my first hand experience using the product. I have them on every one of my rifles; Competition and Hunting. I've won and placed well at major rifles matches and killed quite a few animals at long range with Leupold scopes.

It's more the Indian than the Arrow; I'm sure that if I had any other scope on my rifles the results would be the same. To me it's just funny to read posts here about how Leupold sucks and will prevent a shooter from hitting what they aim at when I've found just the contrary in reality.

Now as for being sponsored by Browning, the same goes. I was sponsored by Beretta at the beginning before I switched and I'm sure I would have done just as well with their product as Browning's. I switched because of the Browning Gold that I had won and had been shooting really well. The Gold is what propelled me to National Wins. I speak well of Browning products as well and to do so, even being sponsored, you have to believe in the product. To believe in the product, you have to have first hand experience using it and be happy with your results.

I'm happy with my results with Leupold and will tell everyone, even though I'm not sponsored by them and if I was, it wouldn't change.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Would have figured you for a K-80 guy for certain...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Rick, honest question...

As a competition shooter I receive not a single discount. I don't do any promotion for Leupold whatsoever.

I speak good about them simply from my first hand experience using the product. I have them on every one of my rifles; Competition and Hunting. I've won and placed well at major rifles matches and killed quite a few animals at long range with Leupold scopes.

It's more the Indian than the Arrow; I'm sure that if I had any other scope on my rifles the results would be the same. To me it's just funny to read posts here about how Leupold sucks and will prevent a shooter from hitting what they aim at when I've found just the contrary in reality.

Now as for being sponsored by Browning, the same goes. I was sponsored by Beretta at the beginning before I switched and I'm sure I would have done just as well with their product as Browning's. I switched because of the Browning Gold that I had won and had been shooting really well. The Gold is what propelled me to National Wins. I speak well of Browning products as well and to do so, even being sponsored, you have to believe in the product. To believe in the product, you have to have first hand experience using it and be happy with your results.

I'm happy with my results with Leupold and will tell everyone, even though I'm not sponsored by them and if I was, it wouldn't change.

Thanks for the reply. Couldnt help but wonder if there was motivation. I started with a gold, had ftf's religiously, had it back and forth to my dealer more times than I care to remember. Switched to citori's (525's 30" & 32")and my scores went up quick. Actually shooting a Zoli now and can't imagine using another gun now. Saw something on the Browning site that said you no longer shoot clays competitively.... Sorry to hear that.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks JM,

The travel BS got old not to mention the amount of work practicing that it takes to stay on top.

I'm shooting Long Range practical rifle matches now. I can compete at the highest level without putting too much work into it. It's really captured my interest as it's so different from the hand eye coordination game of Sporting and FITASC

ANYWAY, the VX-6 is the best scope I own on a hunting rifle. They hit a home run

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You well do fine. Great optics just don't dial on it!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Just got finished shooting one on a 7mag

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

I agree.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonzaga
No one has ever looked thru one of my Leupold scopes and said DAMN......like they do with my NF scopes......

I don't have a 6, but the mark 4 I had didn't last too long.....it went down the road.

Then why fuggin comment?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Most just like to share their opinion even if it doesn't really pertain to the topic at hand. It's not always nesicary to have hands on expierence with what you're posting about either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Most just like to share their opinion even if it doesn't really pertain to the topic at hand. It's not always nesicary to have hands on expierence with what you're posting about either.

So, it's not necessary to have first hand experience? If you read it on the internet, for example? Ha. I'm a frickin' expert on everything!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought a VX-6 last spring and put it on a 416 Rigby to take to Africa for Cape buffalo.

Ideal set up = one dead Buffalo!

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one has ever looked thru one of my Leupold scopes and said DAMN......like they do with my NF scopes......

I own a couple of NXS scopes and I've never once been wowed with the view.
To my peepers, the view in the VX6 trumps the NF - edge-to-edge in particular.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane

I own a couple of NXS scopes and I've never once been wowed with the view.
To my peepers, the view in the VX6 trumps the NF - edge-to-edge in particular.

Exactly my thoughts. As far as glass, my VX6s trump my NXS easily and especially in low light. Reliability while twisting is yet to be determined (over time, as initially the 6 seems to be the equal of the NXS).

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1Nut

Exactly my thoughts. As far as glass, my VX6s trump my NXS easily and especially in low light. Reliability while twisting is yet to be determined (over time, as initially the 6 seems to be the equal of the NXS).

Not really. The VX-6 is better.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Optic transmission might be equal...

BUT. VX-6 has a much better eyebox

So all in all VX-6 wins IMO.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Now where did we put that homounculus....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.