Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why the revisions/corrections on MOA values?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did it return to zero?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Didn't read the turrets correctly. The scope is as close to perfect as it gets

Originally Posted by GregW
Did it return to zero?

Überly

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got finished shooting one on a 7mag

POS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

POS

Positively Outstanding Scope ?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Did it return to zero?

Überly

That's good. Mine didn't...

- Greg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

Sure is does sweetheart...

That coming from the self proclaimed resident "Long Range Clown" who can't read a fückin' turret...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Love to meet you! Can you actually show up to a shoot?

smile

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

smile

Oh no!!!! Not the dreaded shoot out challenge...

I'd have to make sure it's okay with grams... I could swing by your food joint on the way to my parole officer without to much hassle...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No one has ever looked thru one of my Leupold scopes and said DAMN......like they do with my NF scopes......

I don't have a 6, but the mark 4 I had didn't last too long.....it went down the road.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

smile

Oh no!!!! Not the dreaded shoot out challenge...

I'd have to make sure it's okay with grams... I could swing by your food joint on the way to my parole officer without to much hassle...

Haha!

No challenge. Just like to see how much better someone in the "business" is than the rest of us.

smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whoa... This "Business" thing you speak of sounds serious... Like if you had a clue...

I was looking forward to the food joint meeting... Its been a couple weeks since I've seen someone cowering in a puddle of their own making...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So you think the VX-6 is über too?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My VX6 is a great scope, 2-12X42 Works great on my 300 Win. Mag.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you think the VX-6 is über too?

No... I can't say I do...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

6 shots out of the Light Creedmoor with 41.9 grains of H-4350 and the 139 Scenar at .040" off.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The first and only time I looked through this scope, I was impressed. Had wanted the weight and 30mm tube on the rifle I was putting together, I'd have bought it. It's a pretty good bargain in it's class.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had the same quandary kingston.

The VX-6 is on my light hunting rifle. I had a really lightweight VX-3 (4.5-14) on it for weight reasons first, but at only 5oz more, the Überness of the VX-6 "outweighed" that of the VX-3.

I put the VX-3 on my coyote rifle upgrading what it used to have. I'm so much more confident in the light Creedmoor now that it has this VX-6. It was worth increasing the weight of the rig 5 oz.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The uberness of the VX6 trumps all of my other scopes easily. That include VXIII, Conquest, and Trijicon Accupoint. Really no contest.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My VX-6 has better glass than my Swarovski z5's and actually moved when I twisted the windage when I was sighting it in the first time.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, honest question...
As a competition shooter, do you receive anything from Leupold? Discounts, free/cheap gear, sponsorship etc....in return for promotion? Don't take that as an attack, just wondering in the interest of full disclosure.... I'm a Leupold fan by the way. I shoot clays so I know you were sponsored by Browning at one time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

Glad you like them, I hope mine does not have to go back to them again. The Leupold religion is not rational.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Nice to see Leupold never stops trying

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rick, honest question...
As a competition shooter, do you receive anything from Leupold? Discounts, free/cheap gear, sponsorship etc....in return for promotion? Don't take that as an attack, just wondering in the interest of full disclosure.... I'm a Leupold fan by the way. I shoot clays so I know you were sponsored by Browning at one time.

As a competition shooter I receive not a single discount. I don't do any promotion for Leupold whatsoever.

I speak good about them simply from my first hand experience using the product. I have them on every one of my rifles; Competition and Hunting. I've won and placed well at major rifles matches and killed quite a few animals at long range with Leupold scopes.

It's more the Indian than the Arrow; I'm sure that if I had any other scope on my rifles the results would be the same. To me it's just funny to read posts here about how Leupold sucks and will prevent a shooter from hitting what they aim at when I've found just the contrary in reality.

Now as for being sponsored by Browning, the same goes. I was sponsored by Beretta at the beginning before I switched and I'm sure I would have done just as well with their product as Browning's. I switched because of the Browning Gold that I had won and had been shooting really well. The Gold is what propelled me to National Wins. I speak well of Browning products as well and to do so, even being sponsored, you have to believe in the product. To believe in the product, you have to have first hand experience using it and be happy with your results.

I'm happy with my results with Leupold and will tell everyone, even though I'm not sponsored by them and if I was, it wouldn't change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Would have figured you for a K-80 guy for certain...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, honest question...

As a competition shooter I receive not a single discount. I don't do any promotion for Leupold whatsoever.

I speak good about them simply from my first hand experience using the product. I have them on every one of my rifles; Competition and Hunting. I've won and placed well at major rifles matches and killed quite a few animals at long range with Leupold scopes.

It's more the Indian than the Arrow; I'm sure that if I had any other scope on my rifles the results would be the same. To me it's just funny to read posts here about how Leupold sucks and will prevent a shooter from hitting what they aim at when I've found just the contrary in reality.

Now as for being sponsored by Browning, the same goes. I was sponsored by Beretta at the beginning before I switched and I'm sure I would have done just as well with their product as Browning's. I switched because of the Browning Gold that I had won and had been shooting really well. The Gold is what propelled me to National Wins. I speak well of Browning products as well and to do so, even being sponsored, you have to believe in the product. To believe in the product, you have to have first hand experience using it and be happy with your results.

I'm happy with my results with Leupold and will tell everyone, even though I'm not sponsored by them and if I was, it wouldn't change.

Thanks for the reply. Couldnt help but wonder if there was motivation. I started with a gold, had ftf's religiously, had it back and forth to my dealer more times than I care to remember. Switched to citori's (525's 30" & 32")and my scores went up quick. Actually shooting a Zoli now and can't imagine using another gun now. Saw something on the Browning site that said you no longer shoot clays competitively.... Sorry to hear that.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks JM,

The travel BS got old not to mention the amount of work practicing that it takes to stay on top.

I'm shooting Long Range practical rifle matches now. I can compete at the highest level without putting too much work into it. It's really captured my interest as it's so different from the hand eye coordination game of Sporting and FITASC

ANYWAY, the VX-6 is the best scope I own on a hunting rifle. They hit a home run

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You well do fine. Great optics just don't dial on it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

I agree.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonzaga
No one has ever looked thru one of my Leupold scopes and said DAMN......like they do with my NF scopes......

I don't have a 6, but the mark 4 I had didn't last too long.....it went down the road.

Then why fuggin comment?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Most just like to share their opinion even if it doesn't really pertain to the topic at hand. It's not always nesicary to have hands on expierence with what you're posting about either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Most just like to share their opinion even if it doesn't really pertain to the topic at hand. It's not always nesicary to have hands on expierence with what you're posting about either.

So, it's not necessary to have first hand experience? If you read it on the internet, for example? Ha. I'm a frickin' expert on everything!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought a VX-6 last spring and put it on a 416 Rigby to take to Africa for Cape buffalo.

Ideal set up = one dead Buffalo!

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I own a couple of NXS scopes and I've never once been wowed with the view.
To my peepers, the view in the VX6 trumps the NF - edge-to-edge in particular.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane

Exactly my thoughts. As far as glass, my VX6s trump my NXS easily and especially in low light. Reliability while twisting is yet to be determined (over time, as initially the 6 seems to be the equal of the NXS).

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1Nut

Exactly my thoughts. As far as glass, my VX6s trump my NXS easily and especially in low light. Reliability while twisting is yet to be determined (over time, as initially the 6 seems to be the equal of the NXS).

Not really. The VX-6 is better.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Optic transmission might be equal...

BUT. VX-6 has a much better eyebox

So all in all VX-6 wins IMO.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Now where did we put that homounculus....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It wins on click value accuracy, reticle subtension accuracy as well

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Spotshooter,

Here I am. I fit under the kitchen sink when my daughter need pluming work.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunted with the 1-6 VX6 this year and I was really impressed. I keep it on 3-4X and the light gathering before sunrise was really impressive. I hated to swap out the 1.5-5 VX3 because of the additional VX6 weight, but the quality of the optics is worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

BUT. VX-6 has a much better eyebox (than the NXS)

Also true.

WWP53D
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Russian roulette on the tracking..

Good luck guys...

- Greg

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
Spotshooter,

Here I am. I fit under the kitchen sink when my daughter need pluming work.

Naw -

I meant Sticker shock.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No nuts, just because I don't own a vx6, doesn't mean that I haven't looked through them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Good luck guys...

My experience with 3. One tracked fairly well, two started the diagonal walk at 500. Glass was good, just as good if not a tad better than the NF I owned. I liked the eye box as well.

However, the NF tracking was better than all 3 samples of the VX-6.

Each has there good points, but if I was getting a scope that would be dialed regularly, I would grab an NF without a doubt

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Good luck guys...

Also WRONGO.

My gunsmith has done precision mounts and evaluated dozens. All have been as perfect as the one you see the report here.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Good luck guys...

Also WRONGO.

My gunsmith has done precision mounts and evaluated dozens. All have been as perfect as the one you see the report here.

I ain't gonna argue with you hoss about whether or not my scopes tracked properly. They didn't. It's that simple.

I'll say it again, good luck guys.

- Greg

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BobinNH
What's the difference in price? Hate to say it but Leupold broke my heart. I'd look at the Nightforce...

Rick what happened? shocked

Just having to send things in for repair. Even though it comes back fixed, a guy shouldn't have to do that. I have had one particular product line from Leupold that seems to want to return home frequently; the VX3's and Variable Mark 4's with the 30mm tubes. The Mark 4 M5 A2 is simply the best scope I or anyone I know has ever seen, on the other hand.

I realize that all scopes break or fail regardless of the brand, but the 30mm tube offerings from Leupold seem to be prone to this for some reason.

My VX2's have never been back to Leupold and function flawlessly. I've actually used them in Tac Matches, constantly dialing too.

I guess Leopold has made significant improvements over their earlier models...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I ain't gonna argue with you hoss about whether or not my scopes tracked properly. They didn't. It's that simple.

+1

Same here and I'm not going to argue about it. Guys can use the info as they choose. I will add that I was biased, but it was in FAVOR of Leupold. Heck, every rifle I owned was topped with a Leupy. I certainly did not want to swap them all out. But alas, I had no choice.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
ctsmith,

Same here and I'm not going to argue about it. Guys can use the info as they choose. I will add that I was biased, but it was in FAVOR of Leupold. Heck, every rifle I owned was topped with a Leupy. I certainly did not want to swap them all out. But alas, I had no choice.

After four Swarovski z5 5-25X52 I feel the same way. I really wanted them to work because they're so light.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No nuts, just because I don't own a vx6, doesn't mean that I haven't looked through them.

So has my 10 year old daughter. But I'd bet big she's seen more and done more and knows more about a fuggin' scope than you.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My oh my, well color me purple....you sure whipped me now no nutz.....

Talk all the crap you want princess, but I'll stand by the products that NF puts out.....

Funny how you guys compare Leupy best and brightest against Nightforce SHV line.

Put your VX6 against the best out there no nutz and see where the truth lies.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't twist enough to call myself a long range expert by any stretch, but I do own and use 2 different VX6's and they've been great for their 2+ yrs of use. Both are mounted of 7mmRemMagnificent's.

I can say this without reservation.....I've had mine side by side, in the field, numerous occasions, good light, poor light, and in between, with several different NF's. Optically speaking ONLY.....no NF I've seen can match it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I must have a bad sample of a VX-6. It is better than my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 during day light and matches the z5 during low light, but neither compare with the Nightforce 12-42X56 whether bright or low light when set on the same magnification. It's like they are not in the same league.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My oh my, well color me purple....you sure whipped me now no nutz.....

Talk all the crap you want princess, but I'll stand by the products that NF puts out.....

Funny how you guys compare Leupy best and brightest against Nightforce SHV line.

Put your VX6 against the best out there no nutz and see where the truth lies.....

gonzalez- Your talking out your azz and it's obvious. The glass of the VX6 is superb, better than an NXS or an SHV-- on par with a Swaro. I've "looked through" them all, niñita! Laffin'.

The twin bias spring erector system on the Leupold is excellent. As I said above, we shall see if the tracking lasts. It's less money and less weight (by about a half pound!).

Keep spewing ignorance, sweetheart. Maybe you should actually 'do' rather than assume. Because that old "assume" adage is hard at work for ya.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You spelled my name wrong no nutz........lol

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Isn't the same dual-spring erector system now on the VX3 and 3i also? If so, should they not track just as well?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

POS

LOL.

Smokes any Nightfarce

Interesting so many have encountered problems with Leupolds and so few have with Nightforce.

Wasn't it about this time last year that you had a Leupold fail, or perhaps the year before? Something about Leupold "broke my heart" if I remember correctly?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick is a good guy- quick to forgive wink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Good luck guys...

Also WRONGO.

GregW is one of the quiet members here that has a TON of experience. He shoots far more than most and hunts a lot. When he says something like Leupolds aren't tracking right, that should make you perk up and pay attention.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

ST hit the nail on the head. GregW is good people and knows his stuff. Doesn't constantly blab about it though.

I'm inclined to follow my own experience and people like Greg's over the proclamations of someone who has owned something for a month...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

In all ruggedness and repeatability, which one would you pick..... whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 300MAG

In all ruggedness and repeatability, which one would you pick..... whistle

Well, I'll never be confused for a long-range authority, but, for me, if I'm setting-and-forgetting; it's Leupold - for its weight and svelteness alone - better glass and ER too.
If I'm purposely making the reticle move, give me the NF. Every time.

WWP53D
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've been impressed with the glass on my VX6, but the controls are mushy as hell. Leupold knows how to make a good turret, they just don't...always.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The one I have is very mushy too. Really the only thing I'm not happy with, but overall, very nice.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
These "better than nightforce" posts are always good for a laugh.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
These "better than nightforce" posts are always good for a laugh.

The "mushy turrets" make me rotflmao! Like that is a "sign" of horribleness.

Refer to the scope evaluation posted originally

I recently put this scope on a match rifle to see if the problems I was having with the rifle it was on was the scope.

It shot a one-hole group in the .3" range

It's perfect like every other tested.

Last edited by rcamuglia; 02/17/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My VX 6 works great. No soft or mushy turrets. I would say, more like crisp and clean. Solid clicks.
I also have shot .292 inch groups with a 300 win mag shooting 200 grain bullets.

Wish you all the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,

What scope was on that rifle prior to the VX6, that was causing the trouble?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Light Creedmoor. Turned out to be a loose front base.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LMAO... You can't read a turret...

Can't mount a scope base...

Can't read wind for schitt...

Have a love/hate relationship with your "Champion" scope company...

You're struggling there sweetheart...

Since BigStick is busy arguing with the boy's from Deliverance I guess I'll have to ask the question...

Who chews your food for you, you dumbfück...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You're struggling there sweetheart...

Since BigStick is busy arguing with the boy's from Deliverance I guess I'll.....

Fill in for your hero? You and bs are leading the polls in the "Complete A S S hole" primary for sure. LOL.

As for "sweetheart", you're not doing a very good job repressing your homosexuality

Best of luck to you

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The loose front base really was the icing on the cake. Lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fill in for your hero? You and bs are leading the polls in the "Complete A S S hole" primary for sure. LOL.

As for "sweetheart", you're not doing a very good job repressing your homosexuality

Best of luck to you

That's it ??? That's the best you could muster ???? Who built your spine for you.... Leupold...

I've never felt the need for "Heros" as I've always been comfortable in my own skin and more than happy forging my own path... Obviously you struggle...

Homosexuality brings thoughts of rope, trash bags and a shovel but I'm kinky that way...

So whats next Petunia... You gonna hang pics of cock trophies or pull the epic whine card of all you have achieved and the very little the rest of us have...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sh/ t and bend is wear it's @

Elk anytime you want the 10x gone. Just send it w/bill

Last edited by rickmenefee; 02/19/16.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,257
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.