Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
ANCHORAGE –

It’s a diverse coalition of some well-known Alaskans that’s calling on lawmakers to act now: The “Alaska’s Future” campaign kicked off Tuesday in an effort to save the state from financial ruin down the road. Coalition members include GCI President Ron Duncan and former Gov. Tony Knowles.

On Thursday, Helvi Sankvik, president and CEO of the Nana corporation, and Vince Beltrami, Alaska AFL-CIO president, both members of the coalition, joined Daybreak to talk about the campaign and how using a portion of the Permanent Fund earnings could help pay for services such as health care, education and public safety.

“We have a real serious crisis — $3.5 billion budget deficit,” Sankvik said. “We need to make some hard decisions. It’s not popular to talk about the Permanent Fund earnings, but we think it’s necessary and we think if we speak out now and we help educate people, folks down in Juneau will recognize that it’s safe to take some deep steps.”

The coalition encourages the Legislature to act sooner, rather than later.

“What we’re trying to do is empower the Legislature to take a bold step,” Sankvik said. “And we believe citizens ought to be telling the legislators, ‘you have my permission to do this, it’s safe to do that.’ We’re asking folks to sign on, contact their legislators, let them know that we want them to deal with this crisis this year. We cannot afford to wait. It will get worse and eventually our PFD program will go away and the state will go in to a serious economic decline.”

http://www.ktva.com/alaskas-future-campaign-448/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BP-B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
here is a great idea to bring in revenue... Let's say we start a dairy in oh I don't know the mat valley and oh I don't know pour millions into it and before you know it we have money coming out of our asses...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
We can feed the cows Delta barley.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Surcharge on tourists, up the taxes on mining and fishing! Actually the mining does need to go up a bit on the big operations

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The permanent fund is managed by David Rubenstein of the Carlyle Group; who is married to Alice Rogoff, who owns alaska dispatch.

Alice is the gal who had obama over for dinner when he was here.

Democrats working with democrats who manage and own the media. Were screwed.

http://www.alaskagop.org/ktuu_report_raises_important_questions_regarding_influence_peddling

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Help me out here....Is the Gov. a Dem or a member of the Grand Old Party?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There you go again! How could Walker be anything but a Dem? Notice his actions? Mallott for VP? Medicare expansion? Secret deals? And one could go on and on...

Are you really that clueless? It must be an act.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
There you go again! How could Walker be anything but a Dem? Notice his actions? Mallott for VP? Medicare expansion? Secret deals? And one could go on and on...

I understand what you are saying but it is just like the current GOP front runner. Cartman/Trump has all of the history of a very liberal DEM but the Base is claiming him as a died in the wool conservative...... Can you say paradox?

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle

That's rhetorical, right?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
...Trump has all of the history of a very liberal DEM but the Base is claiming him as a died in the wool conservative......

Who is making such claims?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Help me out here....Is the Gov. a Dem or a member of the Grand Old Party?

Independent Walt Jesus don't you pay attention when you vote... Hell you might be out of a gig if they keep cutting school funding ah maybe you should pay property taxes poor walt

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I understand what you are saying but it is just like the current GOP front runner. Cartman/Trump has all of the history of a very liberal DEM but the Base is claiming him as a died in the wool conservative...... Can you say paradox?

I thought he was the Manchurian candidate?? You know hand the victory to Clinton oh wait a second looks like ol Hillary might be doing some plea deals

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NWA's obsession with Trump is laughable.

Always avoiding the elephant in the room "O" who has
driven the national debt up trillions, imperiled us with Iran, destroyed our economy to a 'part-time' job existence, trashed our Law Enforcement, trashed our vets,....the slime-filled list goes on.
And Hillary, who should be indicted... he is strangely silent on these cretins and yet talking about Trump.

It's laughable.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by las
Surcharge on tourists, up the taxes on mining and fishing! Actually the mining does need to go up a bit on the big operations

Mining is hurting right now , although some would love to see them all gone loosing them right now would only compound the "oil crisis." I have heard lots of folks say things like "they have all kinds of money" but it takes a lot of capital to operate. I would encourage them rather than penalize them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I can say paradox... even in WaltSpeak...
"I make money from hunters and voted for Obama."
"JeffO and I are the Real Americans."

Look up "entitlement paradox" and see right where you fit in. How you can circulate enough oxygen to walk yet not enough to think is another paradox...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
I doubt that will happen, that seems to be AK's bread n butter.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
548 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.