Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day, sooooooooooo, what is on the menu ? I am about to examine the possibilities in the kitchen ! smile

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Just noting the time you posted this brought back memories of my grandmother. At age 8 yrs she was cooking three meals a day for 11 brothers and sister, parents, and several cousins, while babysitting her younger sister. She continued rising between 1AM and 3Am to cook until in her 80s.

Uh, to the OP, bacon and eggs.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Pancakes with real maple syrup and bacon. Along with a few cups of good black coffee, it made a simple and satisfying meal.

μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good God do some people really think that everyone really cares gives a darn what others eat every meal, every day ?????????????

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by mohick
Good God do some people really think that everyone really cares gives a darn what others eat every meal, every day ?????????????

Just making conversation. Feel free to move along.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mohick

Yes actually they do, sharing menus, food ideas, getting recommendations about different types of foods we do not necessarily eat or know how to prepare, sharing memories of meals had with family and friends, just plain talking about food and cooking and the enjoyment of it all, right down to a pancake.

What did/will you have for breakfast, dinner, supper, and special occasions has been shared in this forum and the main campfire forum for as long as I have been around. It is part of what this forum is all about.

By the way, I am not just "some people", ask Denny.

Lynn

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I made an omelet this morning, added mushrooms I browned in butter first, some of that 5 year old reserve cheddar cheese, and chives. Not bad, not bad at all, but I think next time if I use cheese I will use something mellower. Served it with some nice farmers sausage and crusty bread that I toasted in the oven instead of the toaster which I plan to fire through the door on to the street soon mad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steel cut Oats with a Tbsp. of Agave for sweetener, and a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea.

In a few hours I'll be ready for some real food for lunch! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
I made an omelet this morning, added mushrooms I browned in butter first, some of that 5 year old reserve cheddar cheese, and chives. Not bad, not bad at all, but I think next time if I use cheese I will use something mellower. Served it with some nice farmers sausage and crusty bread that I toasted in the oven instead of the toaster which I plan to fire through the door on to the street soon mad

You've been using my NEW toaster??

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had some leftover pork and cannelloni beans that I did with a red pasta sauce and chicken stock cassoulet with two farm fresh brown eggs sunny side.

Some crusty bread would have been nice, but none on hand.

Sean
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Bacon,eggs,toast with 4-1/2 cups of coffee.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Possibly, maybe, could be, I might have, you can't prove it, there are no finger prints, not even any toast crumbs in it since I shook it two hundred and fifty thousand times trying to teach it a lesson even, maybe it wasn't even me, maybe it was my evil sister, yeah, yeah, that's it, my evil twin sister ! Yeeahhhhh, that's my story and I am sticking to it ! cool whistle

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I went back to the comfort food of my youth - cream chipped beef on toast. Even the picky teenager licked the pot. He didn't care for my biscuits, though, even though I finally got them right!

I've been waiting to make this breakfast for a couple weeks now.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Coffee and Red Bull

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nada...nothing!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by byc
nada...nothing!

Pourquoi donne moi ?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ummmm....Wee Wee!! I mean Oui!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Possibly, maybe, could be, I might have, you can't prove it, there are no finger prints, not even any toast crumbs in it since I shook it two hundred and fifty thousand times trying to teach it a lesson even, maybe it wasn't even me, maybe it was my evil sister, yeah, yeah, that's it, my evil twin sister ! Yeeahhhhh, that's my story and I am sticking to it ! cool whistle

If you drive by and see it crushed and laying in my front swale, you'll know we won't have to deal with it any more. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had my usual. 2 eggs sunny, 2 slices of dry toast with blackberry jam, big Turvis Tumbler full of burn your tongue coffee. Would have had some Jimmy Dean sausage, but forgot I thawed it out last night specifically for a nice Sunday breakfast.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by byc
ummmm....Wee Wee!! I mean Oui!

Fail !

I am asking why no breakfast ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 36 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.