Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
On Friday, I once again experienced the pleasure of traffic tie-up at the gas pumps with people trying to occupy available spots from two different directions instead of just lining up in orderly fashion thanks to the c##k-s**king, mother-f%%ing, s**t-eating, d**c-licking, idiot that thought it cute to start putting the gas fill on the wrong side of some vehicles.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Which one is the wrong side?
Personally I think they should all be on the drivers side.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
That is where they always used to be (unless they were under the rear license plate, and those whose cars had them there had the decency and courtesy to approach the pumps from the right side) and where God intended them to be.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dam Democrats...again.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I never had a problem when it was behind the rear license plate. Of course I'm older than dirt, so I remember it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They've standardized so many other things. I don't know why they haven't standardized something as simple as this. We usually get gas at Costco. At least they had the sense to install extra long hoses so you can reach either side of the car. The lanes are 1 way but you can be in any line with any car.
I remember back in the 60's when it was stylish to hide the gas filler hole under tail lights, license plates, etc. I had a '71 Nova with it under the license plate. The problem was that in that year, the plate was below the bumper which made the filler too low. You didn't want to be behind it when the nozzle clicked off because it would always splash on your legs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
To be fair, car companies that design for both left- and right-side steering have enough differences in parts to worry about, so it makes a modicum of sense to only have one design of gas tank and rear body panels.

If you sell more cars to Japan and Australia than to the US, it is probably smarter to have the gas filler on the right. Some models of Ford are huge in England, so those models may be excused for the right-side filler.

But for here in good old USA, that right-side filler is indeed a pain in the bupkis.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Dam Democrats...again.

I can spot those at the pump really easy.

They are the ones that pull up in front of you at the pump, leave the car running while they text on their cell phones for a few minutes...

Then they get out of the car, and go inside to pay for their $5 worth of gas because they don't have a credit card... (We all know why they don't whistle )

Then 10 minutes later they come back outside, pump their gas, all the while texting and filling the pump side garbage can with enough empty beer cans and Big Gulp cups to overload a huge garbage truck.. and then spend two minutes trying to milk the hose for 3 more drops of gas after the pre-pay clicks them off.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
After scanning over the Drudge Report this morning, I'll think I'll worry about something else.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't they put two gas fills one on each side (other than the obvious cost adder to BOM).

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Think it had something to do with people running out of gas and being out in the middle of traffic trying to put gas in with a can... so they put the fill tube on the curb side.

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Think it had something to do with people running out of gas and being out in the middle of traffic trying to put gas in with a can... so they put the fill tube on the curb side.

Phil

Dumbing down society for the lowest common denominator...

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil
What if they run out of gas while on the inside lane of a 6-lane freeway? When they pull off to the left shoulder they're STILL gonna get hit by a 80,000# Kenworth.. laugh

But I hear ya - standardize the damn things to make it easier for everybody..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dam Democrats...again.

They are the ones that pull up in front of you at the pump, leave the car running while they text on their cell phones for a few minutes...

Then they get out of the car, and go inside to pay for their $5 worth of gas because they don't have a credit card... (We all know why they don't whistle )

Then 10 minutes later they come back outside, pump their gas, all the while texting and filling the pump side garbage can with enough empty beer cans and Big Gulp cups to overload a huge garbage truck.. and then spend two minutes trying to milk the hose for 3 more drops of gas after the pre-pay clicks them off.

And you guys all hate Oregon. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Which one is the wrong side?
Personally I think they should all be on the drivers side.

Well yes .... of course

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dam Democrats...again.

And you guys all hate Oregon. grin

I don't hate Oregon. Just liberals. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Hah!

Life's rough for some folk.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference which side the freaking gas cap is on.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
As I mentioned above, there are 75 countries in which the right side IS the driver's side.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Most that I've seen, have a marker by the fuel gauge to indicate which side you should pull up on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
546 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.