Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by isaac

Cruz is reminding me of the Santorum 2012 race.

Lol...Romney claimed victory in Iowa for a week, stealing Santorums momentum after a Santorum won by a very small margin. Cruz won Iowa by almost as much as Obama beat McCain, and in a what, ten man race?

It's time for reality.
What happened to the supposed greatest political move of all time...Trump and Cruz collaborating behind the scenes?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a three man race. Rubio's voters will go to Cruz, or Cruz's voters will go to Rubio. Trump will retain his 35%. A vote for Rubio is a vote for Rubio. A vote for Cruz is a vote for Cruz. A vote for Trump is a vote for Rubio.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Lol...Romney claimed victory in Iowa for a week, stealing Santorums momentum after a Santorum won by a very small margin. Cruz won Iowa by almost as much as Obama beat McCain, and in a what, ten man race?

It's time for reality.
What happened to the supposed greatest political move of all time...Trump and Cruz collaborating behind the scenes?

They may be. All Trump would have had to do to win Iowa was close his mouth. His childish comments cost him and I don't think he's stupid.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's a three man race. Rubio's voters will go to Cruz, or Cruz's voters will go to Rubio. Trump will retain his 35%. A vote for Rubio is a vote for Rubio. A vote for Cruz is a vote for Cruz. A vote for Trump is a vote for Rubio.

I would think it more like this:
-a vote for Rubio is a vote for Rubio
-Cruz and Trump attract the same type of voter in the end, so whichever of those two drops first the other picks up the votes

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

I would think it more like this:
-a vote for Rubio is a vote for Rubio
-Cruz and Trump attract the same type of voter in the end, so whichever of those two drops first the other picks up the votes

The only difference is that 60% of Republicans don't hate Cruz like they do Trump. I know Trump supporters don't like to hear that, but eventually they have to come to their senses.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

They may be. All Trump would have had to do to win Iowa was close his mouth. His childish comments cost him and I don't think he's stupid.
Certainly he's not stupid. He's narcissistic.

To me, Trump is the classic pathological liar. He will say anything to get what he wants, but many liars I have known are not content to just lie. They have to lie bigger and bigger and push the lies down people's throats. They want to be able to lie and have people know they're lying, but still agree with them because they either fear them so much or want to toady up to them so badly. They also get off on seeing people actually believe an obvious lie.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It's time for reality.

...and both Santorum and Huckabee were dead broke after Iowa.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm thinking, it's a Trump/Rubio race after Iowa, but NH will give us at least an inkling if Cruz can muster more support.

I also have to say this however: IF you are one of those who've posted "if X doesn't win the R nomination I'm staying home, not only are you an IDIOT, but you are an accessory after the fact in the crime of what is the destruction of this country.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
It's great the Rafael won,still it's a long ways to go before this is over.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
It's great the Rafael won,still it's a long ways to go before this is over.

Absolutely. Iowa is in the rear view mirror. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Rubio. It depends on Trump and Cruz. If Trump stays in long enough, Rubio is a sure thing. If Cruz outlasts him, it will be a Rubio/Cruz battle.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is Rafael pejorative term for Rubio?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Think it's going to be a Cruz and Rubio "fight" from here on out. We shall see, it's going to be interesting 2-3 months that's for sure.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Is Rafael pejorative term for Rubio?
No,it's Ted Cruz's name. Saying it to piss off people. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As those establishment candidates with 2-5% start dropping like flies, Rubio will reap the harvest.

Carson and Paul's voters go to Cruz, as will Carson's.

Trump will stay flat-lined.

This race is between Cruz and Rubio now.

In the general election Trumpkins will stay home, and the revolution will begin shortly thereafter.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nah...there are lots of sane Trump supporters. They'll come around, just hopefully not too late. There are always kooks that want to have plausible deniability, and they are the one's that don't vote.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The election is decided in a handful of states. Pay attention to the voters in those states.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rubio is the man to beat. Trump can't do it. Cruz can. A vote for Trump is a vote for Rubio.

I've been trying to point that out for awhile.

Those who think the D C crowd will give up power easily are engaging in wishful thinking. They have never seen Trump as a real threat because of his high negative rating.

Unless Cruz can actually gather enough delegates to win the nomination outright, Rubio will be installed as the Nominee at the Convention.

Just look how many delegate votes the RNC has in its pocket going into the Convention and you'll see what a Hill Cruz has to climb.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
The election is decided in a handful of states. Pay attention to the voters in those states.

Very true, but those States haven't had anybody to vote for in a long time. I'm not sure we can predict their future based on the last couple of elections.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Very true, but those States haven't had anybody to vote for in a long time. I'm not sure we can predict their future based on the last couple of elections.

No disagreement there.

Neither Hitlery nor Sanders "fires up" the union or black vote bases in places like OH, PA, or MI. That alone is about the best we can hope for going into the general election. They don't even have to "cross over"; they just need to stay home.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
An excellent article written by a University Professor on the topic at hand here.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5475578...ocial&utm_campaign=ShareBar-Facebook

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 35 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,373
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.