Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Where do you guys like to buy Winchesters the most? Gun broker, Guns International or forums like ours or the Fire ? very best winpoor

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've had good luck with all of them actually. Gunbroker is kinda nice since you can check feedback on the seller.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 on handwerk's post, no complaints buying from all three sources mentioned. S&W Forum has a classified section, lotsa good guys to deal with when buying handguns. Rimfirecentral for buying rimfires and CMP Forum for military and surplus.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have bought a couple and sold one here. I'm not a fan of Gun broker I do like Guns International. I have had good luck with a couple of dealers as well.

I just put a Colt diamondback on the F/S forum here, we will see how that goes.

Last edited by GSPfan; 02/02/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wherever I find the gun I want at the price I like. I'm not fussy about it.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Winchesterpoor: I no longer even try to buy "collector arms" via the inter-net.
Never really had a "good" experience with this venue in the past.
I travel a lot to view "collector arms" and it seems I am NEVER dis-satisfied with my face to face purchases whereas the collector arms I have tried to buy via the inter-net always seemed to end up in the "dis-satisfaction" category.
Frequently they mandated sending the arm in question back to the often times blatantly dishonest seller!
I bought a collector arm last Friday (face to face) in fact, and I ended up being 100% satisfied with the gun and 100% satisfied with the price I paid for it.
Nowadays I view purchases that mandate 4473 restrictions in a dim and unfavorable light anymore as well.
Gunbroker and Guns International BOTH fall into my "no more business via them" category.
In today's political climate of liberals and anti-American politicians that are running amok, I would again, MUCH rather deal face to face with other law abiding, traditional valued Americans.
And very best to you as well Winpoor.
And good luck to you if you decide to use Gunbroker or Guns International!
I won't even go into the number of times I have been approached to partake of "false bidding", "run-ups" and other scams related to sales on Gunbroker.
My advice stay away from these venues or stay with PERSONALLY KNOWN sellers ONLY!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Found my pre-'64 FWT at LGS--$700.

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1st choice is wherever I can personally look at the Winchester - LGS, gun show, private sale. 2nd choice is from respected national dealer; not "BillyBob" in "Nowhereville" whether on GB, GA or GNsIntnl.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a pile of guns that I bought off the internet. I would never have gotten them any other way. There are lots of ways to check if the seller is any good, the best is to talk to him personally on the phone.

If you aren't sure, PM me and I can let you know how well it really does work...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Technoman26
Wherever I find the gun I want at the price I like. I'm not fussy about it.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^ If it's a good deal, I could care less where it is. The best place is locally for myself. I've ran across some damn good deals and have passed on those deals to some of my fellow Winchester loons here... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have built my collection from just about every source listed here. Most were very satisfactory, but some, not so much. I have keep what I want and sell the rest. I have only returned one rifle that I felt was totally misrepresented, and unfortunately, it was from this forum.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Never bought one here. A couple off Guns international. many from collectors, people I know or from LGS.

Generally I bump into them which is the most fun..

Lookie what i found!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have to agree with BSA and Don both. I'll take a deal wherever I can find it. The only two misrepresented Winny's that I have ended up with via net purchases we were able to come to an agreement without sending them back, and I still have both of those rifles. The vast majority of my on line purchases however have been "as described" and I've been happy. Course a FTF deal is preferable as I don't have to wait for delivery.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I have bought and sold on gun broker , so far so good . I did make the mistake of not putting a floor price on and starting at a penny , I did not watch the auction and sold the gun at less than it was worth. I always usually let the gun sell itself after being conservative on the rating. Ive yet to send one back and do like the rating system, I understand there is nothing like looking at a Winchester first hand and or getting the real story ,history on a gun. I have several pre and post model 70's to move ,I will use gun broker and let you guys here know about them.
The internet has helped me meet many Winchester pals and as a whole the pre 64 guys are a good group of folks. very best wINpOOR

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I never buy new guns anymore. I've been on a model 70 classic kick for the last 4 years or so. Lately most of the guns I've bought have come from the fire.

I'm looking to get a model 94 in 375 win next. I've got a bunch of brass and cast bullets for one, Just need the rifle to shoot them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The LGS here are not as fruitful with Winchesters as I would like. So I supplement with Gunbroker, here, and our local website a lot like Craigslist, except they do gun adds. I've only had one bad experience on GB and it was over a take off barrel of all things. All the guns showed up as advertised. I think the the internet web sites can be fine, you just had to due your own due diligence, and if it feels wrong just let the gun go. I've had one or two go that way because I didn't feel good about the seller. I have also gotten guns off of other boards as well. Maybe I'm lucky, but all the guys have been stand up and never had a problem.

Three most useless things to a pilot are:
1. The altitude above you
2. The runway behind you
3. The fuel on the ground
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You guys need to check into some antique specific gunshows. They have one here in Portland once a year. You'll find some damn good deals on some fine old firearms. Small town gunshows are great finds as well. You get locals coming in and renting a table for $5.00 and selling off some of their collections. My smith has started selling some of his pre 64's. He's getting to the age now where money in the savings is better than safes full of rifles. You'll find guys cashing in their 401K's (selling their gun collections) as they get older. Once you get in with some local guys that deal in nice pre 64's, they will remember your name and you'll be the first guy they call when they decide to let some go...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I need to find something local like that. I'm no real collector but have really enjoyed the winchesters I've bought via this forum. Infact now that I think about it all my Winnie's have come from the classifieds here.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 444Matt
I need to find something local like that. I'm no real collector but have really enjoyed the winchesters I've bought via this forum. Infact now that I think about it all my Winnie's have come from the classifieds here.

There's a good group of guys here Matt. Good place to buy guns too.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 444Matt

There's a good group of guys here Matt. Good place to buy guns too.

Yep ! Best forum on the fire, the few turds that show up here get flushed pretty darn fast! VB WP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.