Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It wins on click value accuracy, reticle subtension accuracy as well

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Spotshooter,

Now where did we put that homounculus....

Here I am. I fit under the kitchen sink when my daughter need pluming work.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunted with the 1-6 VX6 this year and I was really impressed. I keep it on 3-4X and the light gathering before sunrise was really impressive. I hated to swap out the 1.5-5 VX3 because of the additional VX6 weight, but the quality of the optics is worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

BUT. VX-6 has a much better eyebox (than the NXS)

Also true.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Russian roulette on the tracking..

Good luck guys...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
Spotshooter,

Now where did we put that homounculus....

Here I am. I fit under the kitchen sink when my daughter need pluming work.

Naw -

I meant Sticker shock.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No nuts, just because I don't own a vx6, doesn't mean that I haven't looked through them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

Good luck guys...

My experience with 3. One tracked fairly well, two started the diagonal walk at 500. Glass was good, just as good if not a tad better than the NF I owned. I liked the eye box as well.

However, the NF tracking was better than all 3 samples of the VX-6.

Each has there good points, but if I was getting a scope that would be dialed regularly, I would grab an NF without a doubt

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Good luck guys...

Also WRONGO.

My gunsmith has done precision mounts and evaluated dozens. All have been as perfect as the one you see the report here.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Good luck guys...

Also WRONGO.

My gunsmith has done precision mounts and evaluated dozens. All have been as perfect as the one you see the report here.

I ain't gonna argue with you hoss about whether or not my scopes tracked properly. They didn't. It's that simple.

I'll say it again, good luck guys.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BobinNH
What's the difference in price? Hate to say it but Leupold broke my heart. I'd look at the Nightforce...

Rick what happened? shocked

Just having to send things in for repair. Even though it comes back fixed, a guy shouldn't have to do that. I have had one particular product line from Leupold that seems to want to return home frequently; the VX3's and Variable Mark 4's with the 30mm tubes. The Mark 4 M5 A2 is simply the best scope I or anyone I know has ever seen, on the other hand.

I realize that all scopes break or fail regardless of the brand, but the 30mm tube offerings from Leupold seem to be prone to this for some reason.

My VX2's have never been back to Leupold and function flawlessly. I've actually used them in Tac Matches, constantly dialing too.

I guess Leopold has made significant improvements over their earlier models...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I ain't gonna argue with you hoss about whether or not my scopes tracked properly. They didn't. It's that simple.

+1

Same here and I'm not going to argue about it. Guys can use the info as they choose. I will add that I was biased, but it was in FAVOR of Leupold. Heck, every rifle I owned was topped with a Leupy. I certainly did not want to swap them all out. But alas, I had no choice.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
ctsmith,

Same here and I'm not going to argue about it. Guys can use the info as they choose. I will add that I was biased, but it was in FAVOR of Leupold. Heck, every rifle I owned was topped with a Leupy. I certainly did not want to swap them all out. But alas, I had no choice.

After four Swarovski z5 5-25X52 I feel the same way. I really wanted them to work because they're so light.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonzaga
No nuts, just because I don't own a vx6, doesn't mean that I haven't looked through them.

So has my 10 year old daughter. But I'd bet big she's seen more and done more and knows more about a fuggin' scope than you.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My oh my, well color me purple....you sure whipped me now no nutz.....

Talk all the crap you want princess, but I'll stand by the products that NF puts out.....

Funny how you guys compare Leupy best and brightest against Nightforce SHV line.

Put your VX6 against the best out there no nutz and see where the truth lies.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't twist enough to call myself a long range expert by any stretch, but I do own and use 2 different VX6's and they've been great for their 2+ yrs of use. Both are mounted of 7mmRemMagnificent's.

I can say this without reservation.....I've had mine side by side, in the field, numerous occasions, good light, poor light, and in between, with several different NF's. Optically speaking ONLY.....no NF I've seen can match it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I must have a bad sample of a VX-6. It is better than my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 during day light and matches the z5 during low light, but neither compare with the Nightforce 12-42X56 whether bright or low light when set on the same magnification. It's like they are not in the same league.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonzaga
My oh my, well color me purple....you sure whipped me now no nutz.....

Talk all the crap you want princess, but I'll stand by the products that NF puts out.....

Funny how you guys compare Leupy best and brightest against Nightforce SHV line.

Put your VX6 against the best out there no nutz and see where the truth lies.....

gonzalez- Your talking out your azz and it's obvious. The glass of the VX6 is superb, better than an NXS or an SHV-- on par with a Swaro. I've "looked through" them all, niñita! Laffin'.

The twin bias spring erector system on the Leupold is excellent. As I said above, we shall see if the tracking lasts. It's less money and less weight (by about a half pound!).

Keep spewing ignorance, sweetheart. Maybe you should actually 'do' rather than assume. Because that old "assume" adage is hard at work for ya.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You spelled my name wrong no nutz........lol

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1badf350, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,106
Posts18,464,235
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.