Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
So, if, God forbid, Hillary makes it to the White House, I guess we'll see another inspired buying frenzy of components and guns. I plan to lay in another stash of primers and powder. (Bullets not so much- few dozen molds and a huge pile of lead in my garage take care of that.) If it turns out to be unnecessary, oh well, the stuff won't go to waste.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Between my friends and I things should be ok. Might pick up a bit more 22lr for the grand kids. Then again in retirement 3 years from now my opinion might be different.

Last edited by sidepass; 02/04/16.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
"So,if,God forbid, Hillary makes the White House"...I hope as sportsmen and voters that doesn't happen.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I have more powder than I probably need, the same with bullets and primers.

ABC......anybody but Clinton.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When will the insanity end really?Is this the new normal?

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes Yes Yes Yes

Please go out and panic buy and stash away...

Why now....or even then?

We have a Republican controlled back side for at least 2 more years

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Welcome to the new normal, they've had people stirred up into a Y2K style buying panic when it comes to .22 ammo and loading components for some time now. I doubt things will ever return to the way they were.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For those who don't stockpile. Don't worry, the goal of the democrats is to have all turn in their guns to be destroyed just like in Austrailia and other places. When that happens components will be availabe CHEAP because there won't be much to shoot them in.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have plenty of primers and powder to finish out my lifetime but I can't resist buying the new powders just to try out and see if some are more accurate and produce more velocity. This gives more reason to have more range time and do what we like most, trigger time. smile

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have always tried to keep a healthy supply of all components-no matter if it's loading or even fishing. I think a lot of folks grew up in a world where their parents or grandparents kept a well stocked pantry and freezer. It's nice to have what you may need on hand. I understand the idea that after going a long time without having something you need such as primers or a favorite powder you buy up plenty the next time it comes around.

Golden............
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've probably got enough on hand to last until my trigger finger stops moving.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hitlary getting elected is a possibility so I will be stocking up in case the republicans lose the House. Besides getting components in Massachusetts in impossible cause NO ONE will ship to this state. I have to send "gifts" to family in ajoining states.

B
B
The sooner they can dry up components and or take our guns, the sooner we will become subjects rather than citizens. Crony politicians live in fear of being discovered for the miserable dishonest garbage humans they are, and will always be after our guns, fearing that we turn on them. And rightly so. History has a stake in that very possibility.

I think politicians know nearly half the people dont support them, but I dont think they realize they are actually despised and hated by so many others. Figure half of Americans require the government to provide for them, so its only natural they allow the Government to think for them as well.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep I've been buying a thousand primers & at least a pound of powder every-other week. Not wanting to be caught flat-footed again.

Won't go to waste and I won't gouge anyone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just to clarify, my hoarding is strictly for my own use. But a hoarder I am!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't hoard but won't refuse a good deal when I see one. Figure I'm probably good till hell freezes over or some other catastrophe.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Yep I've been buying a thousand primers & at least a pound of powder every-other week. Not wanting to be caught flat-footed again.

Won't go to waste and I won't gouge anyone.

That's the way to do it. Same here, between Obama I and II I'd buy a brick of .22's or primers, maybe some powder or a box of bullets whenever visiting Sportsman's Warehouse which was around 2-3 times per month. No gouging, no grabbing everything on the shelf and leaving nothing for anybody else.

This last shortage has lasted longer then Obama I but I haven't wanted for anything since Dec. 2012 when the latest go-round of BS started in earnest. Did go through half my stash of Federal 210's but that still left 2-3 year's worth.

We have a 9 month window until the November elections and I see fair supplies of everything coming back (except .22's) so now's the time to start stocking up, a bit at a time, for possible rainy days ahead.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't hoard, but I can't pass on good deals for components or ammunition, buying faster than I can shoot so the piles are getting huge.

Dave

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I am not sure what I would be called. When and if I ever see Big Game powder again I will probably look like a hoarder at the cash register. Due to the fact that I am down to my last pound and haven't seen any in almost two years I will be buying several years worth. I am not going through this again. I have plenty of everything else.

I would say that, "yes" this is the new normal.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
A half brained dyslexic monkey could beat Hillary in the election. But, he already had his 8 years, so he's done.

She has no major urban voter base to rally around her, and the press is not talking her up like they did the current bozo. He's been a hell of a gun salesman, that is about it.

Now if people would actually get off their butt and vote, it is a certain landslide, no matter who runs against her. Instead, they will sit back and complain about who won the nomination, then complain even more if the great witch wins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.