-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 Laptop just before SHOT and have been fighting it ever since. Edge, the new browser from Microsoft absolutely SUCKED!!!!! It was virtually impossible to use and the azzholes that designed it renamed everything so it was a nightmare for a newbie to find anything. A simple post on here might take 20 (literally) minutes to get it entered. The machine would likely restart at least a couple times and stalling was a constant thing.

So Chrome is now on there and it is amazing how much difference there is! And AdBlockerPlus is an option! Even without it the difference is incredible.

Really pisses me off that Microsoft would be willing to put out a POS like edge with their new product... I hope it hurts them badly down the road as the deserve every little bit of bad they get from it!!!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Chrome does work nice. Microsoft lost their dominant position in browsers and really missed the mobile market. I do have a windows phone and it works good, but there are no apps available for it. The apps are all Apple or Google.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Windows 8 forced me to Apple. I've had enough microsoft!!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CasualShooter
That's why I stay with W-7..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had Chrome with Windows 8.1 on this computer; updated to W-10 and have kept the Chrome browser. After getting used to Chrome I really like it and after using "Edge" a few times I decided it stunk. Chrome with Adblock Plus rules.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least they didn't name it "Word" or something like that! smile

I hate it when I'm trying to tell someone how to find a file and tell them to open Explorer and they open IE. smirk

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I went from W-7 to 10 on four machines without a hitch. I disabled that stupid browsing assistant and I have never even opened Edge. I've been completely satisfied with Firefox since Windows 95 - and I ain't changin'. Except that I did install AdBlock sometime during W98 just because ads got to be so intrusive.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nothing beat Chrome for Internet Browsing

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 Laptop just before SHOT and have been fighting it ever since. Edge, the new browser from Microsoft absolutely SUCKED!!!!! It was virtually impossible to use and the azzholes that designed it renamed everything so it was a nightmare for a newbie to find anything. A simple post on here might take 20 (literally) minutes to get it entered. The machine would likely restart at least a couple times and stalling was a constant thing.

So Chrome is now on there and it is amazing how much difference there is! And AdBlockerPlus is an option! Even without it the difference is incredible.

Really pisses me off that Microsoft would be willing to put out a POS like edge with their new product... I hope it hurts them badly down the road as the deserve every little bit of bad they get from it!!!

I cannot understand why anyone would use anything Microsoft.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For you Windows 10 users, has M.S. worked out the "bugs" that some earler users disliked?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CasualShooter

Yup, I've seen the Apple light too.

My brother and nephew have been touting it for years, every time I complained about Windows.

They were right!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I, too, am just going to give Apple a try instead of ever going to Windows 10.

But most of the time, I use my Chromebook which has the Chrome-OS and it is completely trouble-free. You have to have an internet connection to use it, but almost everything I would want to do requires the internet anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Revamping of operating systems would fair better if they were near invisible. Yes, add the new buzz word social apps etc, but keep the complexion and operations as similar as possible. Relearning for play is OK, but in a working environment it's a pain in the ass.

When our organization went from XP to Seven I had about $7,000 worth of GIS/GPS software that became non functional. Was really tempted to pack it home and install it on a personal unit.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Art, you sound like a grumpy old man, oh wait... wink

I still haven't gotten over my hatred of Windows 8, I'm sure 10 is "better"

I've been using my wife's MacBook, much easier to learn the few differences in the Mac OS then when MS "upgrades" their POS OS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Microsoft released Windows 8 it was clear to me that they didn't care about their customers one bit. I could understand them wanting to support touch based screens like on a phone, but their is no justification for eliminated the windows 7 interface.

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
[/quote]I cannot understand why anyone would use anything Microsoft. [/quote]

I agree. The alternatives work great and don't cost the big $$.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Get a Mac

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When windows 7 finally dies I will buy a Mac.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by T LEE
When windows 7 finally dies I will buy a Mac.

Ditto that!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,857
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.