Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by akjeff
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Locally we have a good mix of all sorts of cuisine from varied persuasions. It isn't what Bozeman was like 40 years ago before all the migration of people coming here to rape, pillage and modify this little piece of Montana to the diversity preferred by the migrants.

With all of that, a good restaurant has to know how to make a great burger, such as the York Bar...

[Linked Image]

That looks good to me! When the wife and I were in Livingston some years back, we had breakfast in the restaurant that used to be the old RR depot. Their biscuits & gravy were excellent. Wonder if it's still there, and still good?

Jeff

There is a restaurant there but over the years, ownership has changed. It is a decent place still, but your best meal within 100 miles would be down the street a couple blocks at the Montana Rib and Chop house...

Good info! I'll keep that in mind, when we visit again.

Jeff

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shrap's buying.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call me and we will go, it is worth the trip...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will do!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here in Annapolis we have a rich selection of great bars and restaurants- something for everybody. There are literally hundreds of places within a five mile radius. I usually gravitate to one of the joints that has a raw bar, and sit and eat raw oysters and drink local brews. That or one of the couple of "authentic" Irish bars for Guinness and Shepherd's Pie. (The one two blocks from where I work is owned by a guy from Dublin who re-created it in the style of his favorite local back home- raw wood floors, scarred wooden bar top, and a menu to die for-- and best of all, not a TV screen in the place.)

The competition for our dining-out dollars is fierce. In order for a place to survive in this environment they must serve top-notch food and keep prices in line. We the dining public are the winners for that.

Thai, Mexican (not Tex-Mex), French, Italian restaurants all tempt me when I head out for my weekly foray.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Shrapnel, on another food post, you mentioned chicken fried steak.. One of my favorites, but hard to find a really good one.. We spend lots of time in Montana over the course of a year.. Any tips on where we can find a great chicken fried steak??? thanks.

Molon Labe
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

eat at home alot........

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tikkanut

eat at home alot........

[Linked Image]
you should try the aluminum warming tray liners from sams or costco under your chickens. cheap and real easy cleanup. no flaring is a plus too.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Following on what I've mentioned before about the quantity of great little Mom & Pop ethnic restaurants, I stopped into a small Israeli place I'd been meaning to try out on my way back from Bass Pro shooting the new G19 I bought recently.

This is a shawarma and salad. Roasted turkey shaved from a verticle rotisserie and reheated in a pan, served in a pita stuffed with whatever additions you want added in there. I had this one stuffed with hummus, pickled onions, pickled red cabbage, and their version of a hot chili paste. Really good and really filling.

The Israelis pickle all kinds of vegetables. They would probably pickle your azz, if you stood still long enough.

Price? Free. After I told the owner working the rotisserie it was my first time there. I got the feeling they don't see many big gentiles in the place. The little place was busy and I quickly found out why with the food. Everybody was friendly and they all seemed fascinated by the Harley shirt I had on from Cherokee, NC with a big painted Indian face on the back.

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Il Posto Italian Ristorante in Hollywood for lunch yesterday. Spaghetti with mussels and calamari, crusty bread and garlic rolls with marinara for dipping, and salad (already gone in this pic). $11 + tip OTD and a cute and friendly Slovakian girl to bring it to me. smile

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Tonight dining establishment

http://www.michaelsvalleygrill.com/index.html

Menu

http://www.michaelsvalleygrill.com/menu.html

Thinking wedge salad and Cowboy ribeye

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 28 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.