Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
How many of you have these? The ones that always worry about how other people hunt, how many everyone kills (does and bucks), and whether everyone is doing right or wrong. In the meanwhile not doing right themselves. How do you handle these people?

They leave or I leave. Mostly they leave.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Only one guy comes to mind for me. He's an old guy too, like a great grandpa now. But he's always been a [bleep] IMO.

Is that why you haven't asked me back? grin

You have great grandchildren?

grin

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have to agree with you SKane!!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The guy I talked about was not involved with my camp at all. It was a camp I used to visit now and then, enough to kind of see what was going on, which was not real cool. Especially for the kids.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As short as deer season is why waste time stressing out over these kind of jerks, ignore the dikheads and concentrate on deer hunting. You're never going to change them it's wasted effort to even try.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my club has a few of these guys. they never kill anything but worry about what everyone else kills.i don't tell them anything.some guys will never tell another member what they have killed .if you're not there when it dies you'll never no.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't stand the guys that suggest we hang curtains, or bitch that the silverware doesn't match, and show up with smelly candles. No manginas at camp.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Never ran into any obnoxious people on a deer hunt except some Gator fans one time. Elk hunts on the other hand grin and 90% came from one state which I will not name.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just take your iPad to camp and introduce him to the 24 hr campfire. He will retire to a corner and should wear himself out in no time.

Last edited by bangeye; 01/22/16.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Knew a guy who would bring extra friends to camp without asking, that is never good.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho
Knew a guy who would bring extra friends to camp without asking, that is never good.

And the friends kill the first thing they see mad

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got out of camp about 5 years ago due to a few doing the work while
the rest bitched about what got done or didn't get done.

You know the kind, too busy to bushhog and plant. But by George they were there first thing opening day.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The only place where a group is there together the full time they are hunting, everyone picks their spot and hunts their hunt.

Works out great!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I had a fellow like that ruin the best club I belonged to. Every couple years we renewed the lease with the land owner using the club's name. The member in charge of the signing manages one year to have his name inserted instead of the club's. The first year he kicks out 3 people and everyone is walking on eggshells. The second year he kicks me and another 4 guys out, admittedly I told him to go F himself right after deer season closed. I miss the club but it wasn't worth trying to dance around his ego. I am long out of touch with him but I hope he died an early and painful death- I had a lot of good times in that lease.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I had a guy like this in a spring bear camp in BC once. Guy was from Jersey and talked this great game and was full of all kinds of advice. He was the only hunter in camp that didn't fill a bear tag and there were black bear all over the place. My father and I saw more than 50 and we took 2 that squared right at 7 ft each. This "expert" never saw a bear in range of his rifle and he was shooting a 340 WBY!

Be careful what you ask for because you just may get it someday.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have two odd hunters on our Missouri lease

Both are Northeast fellas from New Jersey

Is New Jersey a foreign country?

They sure do act/talk/hunt strange to us here in the middle of the USA

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All it takes is one screwball to ruin a hunting camp/lease. Bringing uninvited guests has been reason to lose hunting privlidges anywhere I've hunted.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by SKane
Depends how good the hunting is and if he owns the land. laugh laugh

What Scott said.

Joseph
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hunt two places, one with extended family (which can be worse) and the other a paid lease. In both places original tension has sort of eroded as people figures sh*t out over time and realize God keeps making more deer every year. I make an effort to be as helpful as possible to others and don't expect the same level of effort in return - although I get plenty help when needed. As long as I can keep the focus on enjoying even the work I put in to it then I find myself and others having a better time over all. I am at a point where I feel appreciated to some degree so all is well with me. Doesn't mean we don't have a crotchety folk or two- just means we know how to all get past it better.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Only one guy comes to mind for me. He's an old guy too, like a great grandpa now. But he's always been a [bleep] IMO.

Is that why you haven't asked me back? grin

You have great grandchildren?

grin

Aw come on Dave-Tom's not that bad, but he is that OLD!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,348 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,446
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.