Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by broomd
Good grief, chill out man. "Dumbaszz....freaking...a-hole"...it's obvious who is spazzing out here.
Reads like you are going to blow a gasket.

The links you posted say little about Leica's 'R' offering, they show specs, but not more detail. At least the link I opened didn't.
I called Neil (longtime sales in sport optics at Cameraland) and as of 1:30 PT today he didn't even know they existed, they haven't even shipped to Cameraland yet.

Best I can tell they are similar to the fist generation non-HD Geovid fitted with the "R" angle compensation. Leica is probably trying to save a buck with the lenses and still offer a quality rf with angle comp.

I realize that you aren't asking about demos or HD-R glass--I get it.
For those here now learning about the latest "R" model as I am, you may want to consider Doug's demo HD-R model for the same money (or damn close) as these new "R's"...
Most here know that Doug's demos are new units that got taken along for a ride to shows etc.
If the HD-R can be had for the same money as this latest incarnation, it seems like a no-brainer for the higher quality glass.

Broomd

Jeezus you're a little girl. Post after post talking down to me, explaining how the Geovid R's were FLOURITE and I'm an idiot for even thinking of comparing the glass to a Conquest HD. You finally figured out you were wrong but aren't man enough to admit it - Hilarious!

Perhaps you can share Doug's post from 2 weeks ago with Neil:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...6_SHOT_Show_report_from_Cam#Post10887893

Along this same line of "Leica reduces prices" is their new Leica Geovid -R Series Rangefinder Binoculars. These are available in Yards or Meter specific and range in price from $1749.00 for the 8x42's, $1799.00 for the 10x42's, $2199.00 for the 8x56 (I've never seen the appeal of the 8x56) and $2499.00 for the 15x56's.
Great price point as I was getting embarrassed quoting people close to and over $3000.00 for a premium rangefinder binocular. These are worth a look for sure.

No chit? They're a new model? Only people that have been to trade shows might have had a chance to get their hands on them? You're a real rocket surgeon!

Don't forget, you're not gonna waste any more of your time (talking about the wrong products in a thread where you're completely clueless even though it's repeatedly pointed out to you)....

David

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Diva...er, David...
Reads to me like you have your feelers hurt for posting on a product that most of us here have never even seen or heard of, much less used.
When a top sales guy at CL needs me to *give him the Leica part number to even know what the h*ll I am talking about* it's safe bet that NO ONE HERE has used these. Good G*d, they only hit Leica's website days ago.

Take a midol and go to bed, and snuggle up to your Conquests--you'll feel better...

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by broomd
Diva...er, David...
Reads to me like you have your feelers hurt for posting on a product that most of us here have never even seen or heard of, much less used.
When a top sales guy at CL needs me to *give him the Leica part number to even know what the h*ll I am talking about* it's safe bet that NO ONE HERE has used these. Good G*d, they only hit Leica's website days ago.

Take a midol and go to bed, and snuggle up to your Conquests--you'll feel better...

Broomd

For a guy that wasn't gonna waste any more of his time on this you sure are posting a lot. Enjoying the comedy of watching you try to twist your arrogant stupidity into a problem caused by me!

David

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,812
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.