24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We can only hope Walker is a single term gov...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Speaking of jobs.......

Received today; from:

Dept of Administration
Division of Retirement and Benefits

Notice: AlaskaCare retiree beneficiaries will receive IRS form 1095-B

......Per the Internal Revenue Code...

....form will be sent...

So, the state is required to send proof to former employees that they hold coverage, and they send a notice ahead of time, presumably because many of us have no real clue how this is supposed to work. And I would guess that there might be a couple extra people needed or extra assignments are given to those already employed. I wonder who pays for this extra paperwork and correspondence? (Thanks, O! More jobs, ready...... without shovels.)
"Wifey" received the same thing. Had the same questions and wondered who "deserves" the thanks for that bovine scat...for all of 1/1000 of a second. What I said was not quite so nice as your rendition wink

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

...at most. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the way you think...

On this issue! wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, not suggesting foul play. Rather that he could once again don a hard hat and climb aboard a loader.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well, its not only a tax on Alaskans. What I like about it is that it finally taxes all the out of state guides, commercial fisherman and oil field workers who take Alaskas resources but don't pay their share of sales or property taxes. But no I don't like an additional tax but oil prices have tanked and Alaska needs the revenue after they cut the state budget and state workers probably by half....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sollybug
Well, its not only a tax on Alaskans. What I like about it is that it finally taxes all the out of state guides, commercial fisherman and oil field workers who take Alaskas resources but don't pay their share of sales or property taxes. But no I don't like an additional tax but oil prices have tanked and Alaska needs the revenue after they cut the state budget and state workers probably by half....

No way are they going to cut the budget any significant amount. It would take some cutting, but million dollar budgets for bush high school basketball teams need to go.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by sollybug

Indeed, it would be nice if the state did cut it's budget, and layed off excessive, unnecessary employees, However, I have not seen such in my area!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Why? It's not like the budget shortfall is of Walker's making, and the fact is that no one is going to solve it without both new taxes and spending cuts. But cuts alone won't get us to a viable State budget.

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are far in excess of a "Viable State Budget"......Alaska's free chit programs are so lucrative that we have people moving from the far corners of the earth to take advantage of it.

But budgets are only part of the problem as I witness much abuse of our wildlife regulations by immigrants.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
so alaska is catching up with most of the US then?

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scorpion8

Why? It's not like the budget shortfall is of Walker's making, and the fact is that no one is going to solve it without both new taxes and spending cuts. But cuts alone won't get us to a viable State budget.

Why? What has he done so far that you liked?

Expanded Medicare?
Backing the SeaAlaska Land Grab?
Not even looking at meaningful cuts in the budget?

There were zero expectations when he took office that Alaska was somehow magically dodging the oil price dive and the production dive... so why doesn't he offer something of real substance in the way of cuts?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
We are far in excess of a "Viable State Budget"......Alaska's free chit programs are so lucrative that we have people moving from the far corners of the earth to take advantage of it.

But budgets are only part of the problem as I witness much abuse of our wildlife regulations by immigrants.

Bingo!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Bingo!

So you have a lot of welfare programs that attract a lot of low skilled people to do the crap jobs like working fish cannery jobs, etc and then subsidize them... Just like Minnesota.

Then a hardy "welcome to the jungle with the rest of us.. and it sucks to be you"

and as far as abuse about the wildlife resource abuse...
"Welcome to the jungle...

But I am sure you native alaskans... the ones with white skin and not dark(???) can go on a terrorist rampage to discourage all the tv shows and tourism brochures that make life up there look so good.

Good luck and welcome to the taxation jungle.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by humdinger

Bingo!

So you have a lot of welfare programs that attract a lot of low skilled people to do the crap jobs like working fish cannery jobs, etc and then subsidize them... Just like Minnesota.

Then a hardy "welcome to the jungle with the rest of us.. and it sucks to be you"

But I am sure you native alaskans... the ones with white skin and not dark(???) can go on a terrorist rampage to discourage all the tv shows and tourism brochures that make life up there look so good.

Why do you care so much about what happens in AK? Why are you so angry/happy about it? Why mention Natives and terrorist in your reply? WTF is wrong with whomever writes your prescriptions? Your dosage is obviously way off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Bingo!

SWING!!!!

And another miss!

If you actually knew what the adults were talking about you might be able to add value...

Consider Old Believers, Samoan gangs, Hmong, and the PFD.

Oh, it is not the tourism brochures or the reality show that make this a great place to live... it just is...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I think some of those immigrants that Vern is talking about have some pretty white skin.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think it will be upwards of $10.52M the first year. The next year there will be over 100 employed by that division. Nothing grows like government bureaucracy. Bacteria blush, mushrooms just shake their caps.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BCJR

Bingo!

Why do you care so much about what happens in AK? Why are you so angry/happy about it? Why mention Natives and terrorist in your reply? WTF is wrong with whomever writes your prescriptions? Your dosage is obviously way off.

I look up here in this forum to check out the adventurous life in Alaska and I see you whining state government as a bunch of old cheap farmers that dont want to pay for nothing, but you want your roads plowed and your schools funded with a mix of Federal, state, and local taxes.

I really don't care, but its entertaining to poke you once in a while and come back in a week and still see people whining on the same topic.

The whining is so petty that you're complaining about a federal mandated tax mailing to state employees and how much it cost...

I hope the YOUR government that YOU voted in sends you a Hallmark card to every registered voter and tax payer saying "congrats on your new state income tax".

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCJR

Bingo!

I look up here in this forum to check out the adventurous life in Alaska and I see you whining state government as a bunch of old cheap farmers that dont want to pay for nothing, but you want your roads plowed and your schools funded with a mix of Federal, state, and local taxes.

I really don't care, but its entertaining to poke you once in a while and come back in a week and still see people whining on the same topic.

The whining is so petty that you're complaining about a federal mandated tax mailing to state employees and how much it cost...

I hope the YOUR government that YOU voted in sends you a Hallmark card to every registered voter and tax payer saying "congrats on your new state income tax".

I'm pretty sure this page from "My Life as a Miserable Bastard" is not something you intended to publish on a public forum. For that you have my sympathies. If it weren't an accident, then you have not only my sympathies, but condolences as well on the loss of your soul and mind.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
92 members (10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 16penny, 15 invisible), 1,666 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.