Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers added.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

A
Aviator Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thank's to everyone for your thoughts and prayers !

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers sent.
Dad was diagnosed with an aggressive type of prostate cancer at age 50.
It was really bad and he had to go through a lot to get in into remission the first time.
Second time around it nearly killed him and he had to go through several surgeries to be cancer-free again.
He is now 70 and has been in remission for 12 or 13 years now.
After watching him go through what he has been through I gladly get checked out every year!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Prayers sent. Dr. Walsh isn't retired, I saw him in June!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
prayers said for your brother, and yes, we sure need to check ourselves on this issue.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers here fellas. I pray someday the Lord will bless us with a cure for this nasty disease.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mojo sent to your brother. I'm about 10 yrs out and all is well. I had the robot surgery. It wasn't too bad missed12 days work in all. A friend asked me if there was a lot of pain . I told him not so much pain but sore I said remember the first day of football practice when they made you do about 100 sit-ups and how sore you were the next day. That's how it was lasts 2-3 days.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Prayers from here.

I've been looking at rising PSA over the last few years and a couple of biopsies myself so I'm familiar with the anxiety that goes along with diagnosis of PCa.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
praying

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bea175
The last thing I would do is let them remove my prostate, there are worst things than dying.

Care to explain the thought process?

Some people would prefer death to loosing their sex life.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get rite, a buddy got it and he's ...good ...it runs thru your money and time , and ya end up older.... Smarter to ...lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ignoring/refusing the screenings is more than stupid. Cancer is a beast, it takes our loved-ones too early. If not for you, think about the people that love you, are they worth the screenings and surgery if necessary?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bea175
The last thing I would do is let them remove my prostate, there are worst things than dying.

Care to explain the thought process?

Some people would prefer death to loosing their sex life.

If I had to choose between living or getting a hard on I will choose life. I get checked every 6 months and had two biopsy because of high PSA numbers. So far no signs of cancer, just an enlarged prostate.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My Doc says the bad news is if you are male and you live long enough, you'll probably get prostate cancer. The good news is that for most of us it's slow growing enough that we'll die of something else.

My Doctor told me the same thing. I'll be 72 later this month, and he says that my next PSA and finger check will be my last.

Find another doctor. My doctor told me the same thng last year and also said that Medicare doesn't cover annual PSA tests anymore for men 70 or older. He said Medicare believes that after age 70 (I just turned 73) you'll will die of something else before you die from prostate cancer. I told him that my Grandfather died at age 89 of prostate cancer and was in perfect health other than the prostate cancer that had spread. He said that prostate cancer normally grows very slowly so I shouldn't be concerned about it. When I told him about a friend that had a very low PSA reading at age 65 and an exremely high reading the next year. My friend had prostate cancer bad enough that they removed his entire prostate with radiation. My doctor just said that was very unusual. When I got home I called Medicare and they told that they still pay for an annual PSA test after age 50 and that my doctor must have some kind of liberal agenda. I went back and got a PSA test done.

Last edited by victoro; 02/07/16.
A
Aviator Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Just a little update, My brother had his surgery last Tuesday and is doing fine the robotic surgery went very smooth and quick the Dr expects a complete and quick healing process...the pathology results look good and they don't anticipate Radiation treatments....Thank You all again for your Prayers !

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Good news! You probably already know but having a first degree relative puts you at much higher risk too.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, Good news. Speedy healing to your brother.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Aviator Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Good news! You probably already know but having a first degree relative puts you at much higher risk too.

Yes I am aware of this...I have had DRE's done since I was 40 and a PSA done just a few weeks ago all have been normal so far !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've gone thru it.. had it out ( reluctantly) but didn't want to screw around with it as I know what it will do to a man, having worked with patients in a hospital, both in the service and out...

also had to follow up 4 years later with low dose radiation...

it is not a fun ride... but being dead at a young age sorta sucks also...

anyone whose also had to deal with it, is a brother in my book...

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My Doc says the bad news is if you are male and you live long enough, you'll probably get prostate cancer. The good news is that for most of us it's slow growing enough that we'll die of something else.

My Doctor told me the same thing. I'll be 72 later this month, and he says that my next PSA and finger check will be my last.

Find another doctor. My doctor told me the same thng last year and also said that Medicare doesn't cover annual PSA tests anymore for men 70 or older. He said Medicare believes that after age 70 (I just turned 73) you'll will die of something else before you die from prostate cancer. I told him that my Grandfather died at age 89 of prostate cancer and was in perfect health other than the prostate cancer that had spread. He said that prostate cancer normally grows very slowly so I shouldn't be concerned about it. When I told him about a friend that had a very low PSA reading at age 65 and an exremely high reading the next year. My friend had prostate cancer bad enough that they removed his entire prostate with radiation. My doctor just said that was very unusual. When I got home I called Medicare and they told that they still pay for an annual PSA test after age 50 and that my doctor must have some kind of liberal agenda. I went back and got a PSA test done.

Medicare believes...

Wow...

Now, who do you think "Medicare" actually is..??

Current thinking, as we become part of the "collective", no longer individuals who can make their own decisions, the govt. will decide who lives or dies. Remember "Death Panels"? Not a good sign.

BTW, Dr. Walsh and Johns Hopkins is considered the best in the nation for GU/Prostate issues. I have two friends, one a vascular surgeon, went there from Louisiana for prostate CA surgery by Dr. Walsh.

DF

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 240NMC, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.