Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Any first hand experience. Price is unreal. Guy worked at Timney and KAC apparently? His family owns Timney? Cheaper than cmc and its a billet drop in, not bent sheet metal.

ARIC

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Guess I'll find out first hand....bought the 4lb model for $139.00 plus free shipping. Drop it in the 6920 this week and see what's what. Put 250 rds through it yesterday and finally decided I can't live with that gritty ass trigger anymore.

Everything thing I've read was positive.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have been happy so far. I heard some reports of creep, when I dry fire mine and am trying to determine if I feel creep, it breaks.

Obviously there has to be some movement to come off the sear, mine seems very smooth there. When I shoot off bags I get to floating on the target and then start loading pressure until it's gone. Only about 400 rds. but no disappointment here. In field positions same thing but sequence goes a little quicker.

I didn't like two stage at all, maybe was the trigger I had. The first take up was like a long creep, no way to know when the second stage started so a long pull, not clean and a surprise break. Could pull it off on the bench but made me jerk the trigger otherwise.

I see so much praise for the Geissele (sp) triggers I wonder about giving 2 stage another chance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 stage is the only way to go for a precision AR.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC

Why do you say that?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I coiuld see a stnad alone unit single stage being ok.

But not a worked over mil spec unit at all.

RE not feeling the stop of the 1st and start of the 2nd in a 2 stage means it was junk or not adjusted right.

Even with LIGHT 2 stage in bolt guns, like 8oz triggers, I can always feel a stop.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by passport

Why do you say that?

Because you can have a gun with a very light 2nd stage and still have a safe, effective trigger. Single stage AR triggers must be heavier than the 2nd stage of a 2-stage or else they aren't safe. Combine that with the fact that if they are too light, you will have ignition problems because the only way to make them light is to use light springs. A good 2 stage can have a 4+lb overall pull and still only have a 1 or 1 1/2lb 2nd stage. There isn't any way in hell you are going to get a safe, functional single stage that light.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't know squat about design, but I suspect that a bolt gun trigger ain't got a light "hammer fall". As such in a drop in unit, I still think there would be a way to get one set up really good with enough weight to fire the primers every time.

I think.

But I'm so used to 2 stage, and I can't at all understand why anyone could not get used to them I just don't get it..

My buddy says same... his lower is going to have a crappy 5 pound polished GI trigger yanked in a week and a varmint RRA slapped in and I'm going to tell him tough, get used to it for a year, then we can take it back out again if it still bothers you...

Things are SO easy to shoot and get used to....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I don't know squat about design, but I suspect that a bolt gun trigger ain't got a light "hammer fall". As such in a drop in unit, I still think there would be a way to get one set up really good with enough weight to fire the primers every time.

Bolt guns don't have hammers. smile

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
but a sear releases the "hammer".....

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Got it today. Love this thing. Zero creep, slop or grit. Breaks like glass. Quality is beautiful. Ran 90 rds through it without a glitch. 3 more on the way for my other guns. $139.00 is a steal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by passport

Why do you say that?

Because you can have a gun with a very light 2nd stage and still have a safe, effective trigger. Single stage AR triggers must be heavier than the 2nd stage of a 2-stage or else they aren't safe. Combine that with the fact that if they are too light, you will have ignition problems because the only way to make them light is to use light springs. A good 2 stage can have a 4+lb overall pull and still only have a 1 or 1 1/2lb 2nd stage. There isn't any way in hell you are going to get a safe, functional single stage that light.

Makes sense, thanks for the education!

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.