Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Been trying to eat a little better lately and also trying to take natural stuff to deal with a few issues. I weigh 206 and have just a little bit of pudge around my waist never been fat but am stocky but I have knee pain and back pain and sometimes a little in my shoulder.

So I buy this apple cider vinegar with the mother in it (nasty crap in the bottom of the jug) the other day. Your supposed to put a shot in your water and drink it. It's good for many things. Heart, digestion, joint pain and inflamation. I guess I'll die with heart disease, constipated and in pain. That $hit is horrific!

Any of you guys take natural supplements for everyday aches and pain? I don't really do pills unless I have broken a bone or have a migraine headache.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yes, I have for a long time. But the biggest health change will be your food and maybe your water.
How much apple vinegar are putting in the water?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a mixture of apple cider vinegar with mother, local raw honey (with pollen and small chunks of bees wax ) , and cinnamon in a jar in the frig. Every morn. a least a tablespoon full. Cuts my allergy problems in the spring down to almost nothing.
I've been told this mixture mixed with iced cold water every morn will help in weight control. Vinegar is the reason why I haven't had a sore throat in over 40 years.---Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Drink it like a shot with a chaser of water. Tablespoon of honey is supposed to be beneficial too, if you're not allergic.

I eat as many nutrient dense vegetables (fruits) and meats. A LOT of water.

If you're joints and back are giving you fits, you may need more hydration. So drink a lot of it over the course of the day and stay away from diuretics, like alcohol, coffee, high sodium content.

I won't take pills either, unless I am forced to when my neck or back lock up, which still happens, but a lot less since I've switched to water exclusively.

There are a bunch of websites with granola eating split tails out there who have pretty good tips on limiting chemicals in your house and food. Look for the paleo style food diets and forget. When it comes to cleaning products, I can assure you, windex will take care of about everything and stick to tide for your laundry needs; the granola websites have natural alternatives and none of them work for either.

Good luck, it's a lot of change and effort!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Live miserable or die happy?

I'm gonna bitch, gripe, and complain about the aches and pains... but, I'm also gonna have my bacon, eggs, and coffee!

grin

(Go for it and I wish you luck)

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy, where did you say to find the gelatin in the supermarket? Also I did some looking at May-haw and it looks like extreme Southern Arkansas is a far North as it grows. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I almost drink water exclusively. I eat a little of everything and dont worry about anything. I eat sausage and eggs with hash browns every once in a while, oatmeal with honey and cinnamon or cold pizza. For lunch I eat whatever I want and supper may be a salad may be a steak. I'm just trying to not eat as much cold pizza. Lol I don't even like pizza all that well but I have 2 teenage boys, thus the pizza...

I may have to try the apple cider vinegar with honey or something because strait or in water it is truly fowl! As for portions I was putting about a shot glass full in about 8 or 10 oz. of water. I had rather drink bad moonshine.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look for the gelatin in the jello section. The mayhaws must grow in a narrow belt. Reason I think this (I didnt look it up), some friends of ours, that live in south La., had never heard of them either.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Back pain can also be caused by smoking. The disks between the vertebrae are filled with fluid. During the day, the fluid is slowly squeezed out and they get flat. During the night when you're lying down, the pressure is off of them and they reabsorb fluid and swell back up again.
Smoking leaves chemicals in the body that coat the disks and prevent them from absorbing the fluid. They don't swell up at night and the result is pain the next day.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
No soar throat in 40 years! I get one about twice a year and wake up with a dry mouth and swollen uvula (that little punching bag in the back of your throat). I gargle salt water and it goes away in minutes. My grandmother took a spoon every day. I feel old.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I had rather drink bad moonshine.

Done it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
RockChuck, tried smoking once when I was like 13 or 14, it sucked, I never tried it again. Weird thing is I hurt the worst around 9 or 9:30 in the morning right above my belt after I have been on my feet for a while. If I stretch and sit down for about 15 minutes then I'm OK for a while. I have never heard of the fluid leaking out and filling back up.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used to take several ibuprofen daily but now I might take 1-2 in a month. I got rid of my joint pain by cutting diet soda and adding high levels of polyphenols (a type antioxidants) to my diet. There's scientific research with reducing inflammation, fighting cancer and heart disease; and I don't have to do anything but eat good food.

I drink a few cups of black coffee, make muffins with my moms spice cake recipe, eat a hand full of almonds, a few pieces of dark chocolate and berries. Burn my thumbs on roasted chestnuts whenever I can get them. Just eat good food.

High polyphenol foods:
spices (cinnamon, cloves, allspice, anise)
berries (blackberries, blueberries, huckleberries; darker are better)
chokecherries; pie cherries
coffee, cocoa, tea
red wine
nuts (chestnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts)
dark chocolate

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apple cider vinegar, just as you described it, taken twice a day cured my acid reflux and has kept me off Pepcid and Zantac for two years. The taste is awful but I guess I've gotten use to it.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been eating tons of almonds but they are the habinero (spelled wrong im surs) bbq from Blue diamond, probably full of artificial flavor.

I had been having acid reflux quite often. But it has settled down. Hummmmm.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
How bout hersey bars with almonds? Hell that has to be good for you! I think Jesus invented those dang things.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I take a multi-vitamin, 1000 IU's of D2 and 3600 mg of fish oil daily. My grandmother, who lived to be 102, drank three ounces of sweet vermouth mixed with a raw egg daily.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's far easier for women to live a long life because they don't have to live with them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I make a drink every morning of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, a teaspoon of cinnamon and 2-3 tablespoons of raw honey on 8 ounces of warm water. I been doing it for three years and have not had a cold or sore throat in that time and very rarely (3-4 times a year) have acid reflux where I used to have it almost daily.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Try some banana with the Almonds. I have noticed good results with ACV. Apple Cider chaser is the best. Try ACV on your salad or on chips.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,720
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.